Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 528 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens, UConn will get to the promised land. For those who missed it, this video from last year outlined exactly what UConn brings to the table (it's impressive) and what it where it should focus. Best analysis of UConn I've seen to date.

As you will note, many "to dos" are being methodically addressed.... so keep the faith!

Reaction Score
This is an interview with Brett McMurphy. He says that ESPN by contract has to pay pro rata for up to four schools. Fox is not required by contract to pay for any additions, but they have verbally agreed to pay for up to two additions. The Big 12 would have to get an answer from Fox that they would pay for four additions.

(Note: This is what GoKU said. The Big 12 is waiting to hear from Fox).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another week in the books. Try not to drown in the shallow water :)

That time I was in Brekstad, Norway walking down a street and a bar was closed but owner was there doing some work, invited me in for a beer and his laptop had on You Tube and some Johm Prine.

Screenshot_20230728_215217.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m watching John Wick 4 and I can’t help but think of these conferences as the High Table. If we don’t get out seat, we need to channel our inner John Wick. Burn it all down.

Reaction Score
Is that the vibe you're getting around here? Popping champagne? lmao
I was responding to those responding to GoKU. Look at the timeline of my post and theirs. The best outcome for us if the rest of the PAC stays together.
Although I do respect the A-Team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that, but there's a lot of hate on social media towards UConn. Basically they think UConn is garbage and the only thing UConn does decently is basketball. We have a perception problem and I'm not sure how you fix it.
This is very true unfortunately. If you go on Twitter everyone is crapping on anything UConn and Big 12 related because of our football program. We did ourselves no favors with how awful we've been over the last decade. There are people I've seen on there, idiots to be fair, that think the likes of SMU, Memphis, Tulane, UNLV, USF, ECU, etc. would be better additions to a P5 conference than we would be. That's how far our reputation has fallen. The way we fix this perception problem is we continue building on what Jim Mora did in year one and consistently start having winning seasons again. Slowly but surely people will notice.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
FWIW, here are the current betting odds on the next B12 addition:

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which school will be the next to accept an invite to the Big 12?

• Arizona +300
  • Arizona State +400
  • Utah +600
  • UConn +700
  • Gonzaga +1200
  • San Diego State +1500
  • Memphis +2000

B12 14th Team Expansion Odds

Reaction Score
This is very true unfortunately. If you go on Twitter everyone is crapping on anything UConn and Big 12 related because of our football program. We did ourselves no favors with how awful we've been over the last decade. There are people I've seen on there, idiots to be fair, that think the likes of SMU, Memphis, Tulane, UNLV, USF, ECU, etc. would be better additions to a P5 conference than we would be. That's how far our reputation has fallen. The way we fix this perception problem is we continue building on what Jim Mora did in year one and consistently start having winning seasons again. Slowly but surely people will notice.
some of us on boneyard tried to warn others that the football program was awful in the 2010s and it would impact future options for uconn. we were criticized at the time for not being blindly loyal. thankfully, mora is here now and i have great faith in him.

Reaction Score
Here’s what we do know — the XII DID NOT have a completed plan to take us if CO left the PAC and joined. Because if it did, we would have been invited and accepted by now.

No one knows what will happen next, but the most common hypothesis for how we were going to get in is DOA.
Correct. If rumors are to believed, we need to wait for Fox to approve going to 16 members. Then we need to hope no one beats us out for spot 16. It’s quite a tangled web with no guarantees.

Yormark’s desire for New York exposure is the key for us. I hope he’s really married to the concept and is able to support his case when explaining why it matters.

Reaction Score
Here’s what we do know — the XII DID NOT have a completed plan to take us if CO left the PAC and joined. Because if it did, we would have been invited and accepted by now.

No one knows what will happen next, but the most common hypothesis for how we were going to get in is DOA.
Pretty much. I think everyone was so hinged on Colorado moving or not moving, when that started to unfold, it got exciting. Of course nothing goes as expected except the end which we all sadly can expect.

I think we all have different ways of dealing with letdown and frustration.

Reaction Score
Correct. If rumors are to believed, we need to wait for Fox to approve going to 16 members. Then we need to hope no one beats us out for spot 16. It’s quite a tangled web with no guarantees.

Yormark’s desire for New York exposure is the key for us. I hope he’s really married to the concept and is able to support his case when explaining why it matters.
But to believe the rumors of your first paragraph, one has to believe that genius BY didn’t clear all easily foreseeable scenarios of Colorado joining with Fox ahead of time. That seems somewhat hard to believe, doesn’t it?

Reaction Score
A lot of this is haters from schools like Memphis, ECU, USF, and fans of teams like Cincinnati and UCF who have yet to play a game as a P5 school.

Reaction Score
But to believe the rumors of your first paragraph, one has to believe that genius BY didn’t clear all easily foreseeable scenarios of Colorado joining with Fox ahead of time. That seems somewhat hard to believe, doesn’t it?
It does. However, if certain schools are in play that weren’t expected to be, that might explain it. I could see the Big 12 going to 18 or 20 if they could get some or all of these big schools: Colorado, UConn, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Washington and others.

Colorado leaving the PAC made a lot of crazy things possible. New York is our key feature that makes us entirely unique with all of these great options possibly opening up for the B12. Regardless, if we aren’t getting in on this round, then the more upheaval the better.

Reaction Score

But that never made sense from the start. Why would the B12 quickly add UConn when Wash Ore Ariz were still on the board?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
BL,

I could well be wrong but I personally believe that it is entirely plausible that none of the parties involved foresaw the possibility of Colorado departing the P-12 at this time with the P-12 still without a media deal.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

We also need to know what FOX would give us, specifically, in an addition scenario. We know they went pro-rata for P5's, but we're likely not.

Reaction Score
But that never made sense from the start. Why would the B12 quickly add UConn when Wash Ore Ariz were still on the board?
I don’t think Washington/Oregon are in play.
Everyone looking out for their best interests.
I think fans would like it but I suspect their ultimate aim is BIG. Just like BY can shake a stick, so can the schools. If BIG wants a western flank, these schools are saying we have options now.

Everyone’s playing chess with each other and they all have different boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom