Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 526 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Here's what I don't get. The Pac12 had the better brands. Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Utah, Colorado, Cal-Berkeley. Over TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma St.

Yet they got peanuts from the TV networks.

Do the B12 presidents not realize that the reason they are even in this position is because the networks decided they don't want to pay for the Pac12?

This is why I'm highly pessimistic. Who is going to bankroll the addition of 4 Pac12 schools when they didn't want to pay for 10 schools that included to 3 biggest prizes? (Oregon, Arizona, Washington).

It's got to mean that they are really truly staying at 14.

Reaction Score
Here's what I don't get. The Pac12 had the better brands. Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Utah, Colorado, Cal-Berkeley. Over TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Oklahoma St.

Do the B12 presidents not realize that the reason they are even in this position is because the networks decided they don't want to pay for the Pac12?

This is why I'm highly pessimistic. Who is going to bankroll the addition of 4 Pac12 schools when they didn't want to pay for 10 schools that included to 3 biggest prizes? (Oregon, Arizona, Washington).

west coast. no one's up when those teams play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

In an effort to bring us to a P4 world, I think the media power brokers decided they were going to work with whichever of the B12 or P12 demonstrated vision and cooperation. Whichever was more serious and easier to work with would be the winner of the two. Thing is, the P12 admins never realized they were in a competition while the B12 seized the opportunity.

Reaction Score

I saw this posted on CSNBBS:

With OU and Texas leaving early. It allows for 2 schools to be added in 2024 without impacting the payouts of the Remaining 8.

Remember the Pro-Rata doesn't go into effect till 2025.

So if the 4C are added for 2024, then there becomes an issue.

Maybe the Big 12 should stagger the 4C additions:
2024: Add Colorado + 1 (to replace Texas and OU Shares)
2025: Add 2 with Pro-Rata Clause

This explains why Heather Dinich reported 14 as the magic number for now.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
. Who is going to bankroll the addition of 4 Pac12 schools when they didn't want to pay for 10 schools that included to 3 biggest prizes? (Oregon, Arizona, Washington).

Isn't it in the B12 contract with ESPN and Fox that they will automatically pay the increased rate per school of the current contract for any current Power 5 conference schools that are added? I thought I had seen that reported, but not 100% sure.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I saw this posted on CSNBBS:

With OU and Texas leaving early. It allows for 2 schools to be added in 2024 without impacting the payouts of the Remaining 8.

Remember the Pro-Rata doesn't go into effect till 2025.

So if the 4C are added for 2024, then there becomes an issue.

Maybe the Big 12 should stagger the 4C additions:
2024: Add Colorado + 1 (to replace Texas and OU Shares)
2025: Add 2 with Pro-Rata Clause

This explains why Heather Dinich reported 14 as the magic number for now.
I would think that is easily addressed by denying the new entrants any of the spoils of the old divorce. In other words, they can condition the offer around this and many other comp/sharing issues as well.

Reaction Score
Isn't it in the B12 contract with ESPN and Fox that they will automatically pay the increased rate per school of the current contract for any current Power 5 conference schools that are added? I thought I had seen that reported, but not 100% sure.
Only ESPN agreed to that. In addition, it has been reported that it is only for 4 more schools total and ESPN would prefer it to be 2 now.

Reaction Score
See my earlier post. Apparently the Pro-Rata doesn't go into effect till 2025. That's in the media deal that Yormark negotiated.

Reaction Score
B12 only has a small window to poach PAC-12 teams before the PAC can land a deal and get their own GOR. Right now PAC can leave without any exit fees next year. There is a small window, which is why the B12 is working on overdrive right now.

It is just upsetting they left us hanging.

Reaction Score
Yes, but things change.

I'm saying that there's no logic here. If the better brand Pac12 schools are worth so little, why is the Big12 hot on the trail of lesser Pac12s?

It makes no sense. The TV partners aren't going to be happy.

If anything, the Pac12s troubles should be a lesson to everyone that when it comes to TV partners, things change. Your next contract might be a big disappointment.

Reaction Score
Yes, but things change.

I'm saying that there's no logic here. If the better brand Pac12 schools are worth so little, why is the Big12 hot on the trail of lesser Pac12s?

It makes no sense. The TV partners aren't going to be happy.

If anything, the Pac12s troubles should be a lesson to everyone that when it comes to TV partners, things change. Your next contract might be a big disappointment.
Because the "lesser" brands bring in the Arizona and Colorado markets?

We aren't talking clearly made up schools like the Oregon State Beavers (pushing to incredulity with the "mascot").

Reaction Score
The Big 12 hasn't left UConn hanging. UConn knows exactly what is going on. The Big 12 has to have approval from FOX to go past 14. They are waiting to see if the right PAC schools will be approved for 16. Yormark will get UConn in.

Reaction Score
Except in National Championship games.
I think men and women's combined are 16-1 or something like that in title games. I like that it annoys other fan bases who get into the title game and are on pins and needles because it's 50/50 whether they win, while we're like yeah we got this and the celebrations are already in full swing by halftime.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
See my earlier post. Apparently the Pro-Rata doesn't go into effect till 2025. That's in the media deal that Yormark negotiated.
That’s gonna hurt any PAC schools moving in 2025. Doesn’t the media deal expire in summer 2024? That would be a year of no media contract for those schools moving in 2025 as I don’t see any media partner upping for 1 year. Maybe a streaming platform but that’s it.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 hasn't left UConn hanging. UConn knows exactly what is going on. The Big 12 has to have approval from FOX to go past 14. They are waiting to see if the right PAC schools will be approved for 16. Yormark will get UConn in.
Yormark in the interview with John Fanta:

I want us to have a big moment in New York.

Reaction Score
I feel some people here really thought UConn was on the same left as most of the P5 schools and that it has to happen now or never.

No. That has never been the game.

Reaction Score
Mora just said “as a football program if we want to survive and thrive, we have to be in a Power 5”. Said there isn’t an athletic dept in the country that has done more with less than UConn.
I really wish he wouldn't say that unless he knows that we're going to the Big 12.

He's right about the second part.

Reaction Score
Mora just said “as a football program if we want to survive and thrive, we have to be in a Power 5”. Said there isn’t an athletic dept in the country that has done more with less than UConn.
He’s right. Basketball can survive in the Big East. Football cannot survive as an independent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom