Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 336 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So what if "The Alliance" leaves the NCAA and sets up there own regulating body with championships, etc. If they made an offer the Big East to join, would it?

It would pretty much leave the SEC out on an island.

Reaction Score
So what if "The Alliance" leaves the NCAA and sets up there own regulating body with championships, etc. If they made an offer the Big East to join, would it?

The Alliance really can't go anywhere without the SEC. There are too many valuable schools there.

It just gives them a better chance at dictating some of the rules when they do breakaway

Reaction Score

Yeah, forming a college association without Alabama, Texas, Kentucky, Florida would be a good idea.

Why don’t the NBA teams form a league without the Lakers.

Reaction Score
No one is “leaving” the NCAA. The ncaa will either simply cease to exist or it’ll just put on the Tournament. Either way, something will happen with basketball and the Big East will be fine

Reaction Score
Here's a thought exercise - not saying I think this will happen but fun to think about...

It's interesting to think about a schism of the SEC and then everyone else.

In that scenario, you could foresee some schools (likely east of Texas) that place ultimate importance on football join into the SEC (so, maybe they go up to 24-30 schools). This becomes NFL-lite and they put whatever weight on Olympic sports and academics that they want.

Then everyone else in the new NCAA ("NNCAA"); playing more regionally based schedules along the lines of the current P5 conferences, putting similar weight on Olympic sports and academics as they do now. In other words, like the current NCAA.

Two aspects:

1- as a sports fanatic, what percentage of your time/attention would you give to the two "bodies"?

Mine would be 10% SEC/90% NNCAA.

2- for non-fanatics, it seems like some casual fans would get caught up in the SEC championship game and some would get caught up in the games of good old State U vs. whoever they're playing.

I think the majority of America would be focused on the NNCAA.

So, in the end would the SEC just become another USFL with basketball and not much else in their AD's?

Reaction Score
In general, I don’t spend much time watching college football. I watch UConn football. Same thing for college sports in general. I’ll watch UConn but other than that not much else. So for me, I don’t really care what happens to the NCAA or college sports.

Pretty much an encapsulation of the stereotype regarding northeast college football fandom.

Reaction Score
In general, I don’t spend much time watching college football. I watch UConn football. Same thing for college sports in general. I’ll watch UConn but other than that not much else. So for me, I don’t really care what happens to the NCAA or college sports.
Ok, cool - so you'd fit into Group 2 above. I think there are lots of people in that group across the US, especially in the northern tier states.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
ESPN can be none-too-happy with the ACC joining the Fox properties to reign in the power and money that would flow to SEC. Look for ACC to get a renegotiation with ESPN and leave this alliance.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In the "now they tell us" news:

That is a b--s---! crazy statement from him.

The cost of building a stadium currently will forever cripple the university. It's an insane proposition.

Reaction Score

Each student-athlete will be paid $500 per month during the duration of their playing career, Ishbia told the Free Press on Wednesday.
Wow---United Mortgage has a of money to burn. $800k a year. "The backup lineman for MSU says, 'Be Sure to get your Mortgage from United'." OK Scooter, I will.

Reaction Score
Wow---United Mortgage has a of money to burn. $800k a year. "The backup lineman for MSU says, 'Be Sure to get your Mortgage from United'." OK Scooter, I will.
Won’t last. Mortgage companies are boom and bust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom