Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 337 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I guess he's referring to this:

"The other revelation during Hocutt's interview with Jensen and Harris is that the Big 12 Conference could already be planning a second set of expansion.

Hocutt told the duo that he sees conference realignment being an "eight to 10-year process" for the Big 12. A second set of schools could be invited to the Big 12 Conference once the exits of Texas and Oklahoma, and the integration of the first set of new schools, is completed."

Reaction Score
That is a b--s---! crazy statement from him.

The cost of building a stadium currently will forever cripple the university. It's an insane proposition.
I'm unsure what USF leaders have in mind. But UCF built the Bounce House for $54 million about fifteen years ago. USF could probably construct something similar for not a lot more money if they want.

Regardless, money for collegiate athletics in Florida cannot come from state appropriations. USF will have to raise private dollars and maybe (probably) hit students with a larger athletic fee to fund whatever they do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm unsure what USF leaders have in mind. But UCF built the Bounce House for $54 million about fifteen years ago. USF could probably construct something similar for not a lot more money if they want.

Regardless, money for collegiate athletics in Florida cannot come from state appropriations. USF will have to raise private dollars and maybe (probably) hit students with a larger athletic fee to fund whatever they do.

Do you have any notion what has happened to the cost of construction in 15 years?

Reaction Score
Do you have any notion what has happened to the cost of construction in 15 years?

Yes. Non-residential construction inflation has averaged a bit more than 4 percent per year over the past twenty years.

Reaction Score
Where I am in South Florida we struggle to build a nice, medium sized custom house for less that 900k. I can’t fathom building a football stadium for anything less than 400 million and that would be a major accomplishment. I’m guessing the Rent would cost close to 500 million right now.

Reaction Score
Where I am in South Florida we struggle to build a nice, medium sized custom house for less that 900k. I can’t fathom building a football stadium for anything less than 400 million and that would be a major accomplishment. I’m guessing the Rent would cost close to 500 million right now.
Again, I have no idea what are/will be USF's plans. I can state that UCF's stadium was built on the cheap with the intent to expand, renovate and build around it.

It would not cost anywhere near $400 million to build that original stadium on a plot of university owned land in Tampa, FL today.

Reaction Score

Private dollars though has always been a joke when it comes to stadiums. They use the private money as income for the AD. Buildings and stadiums are then bonded out by the university. It's how they always do it.

Reaction Score
Private dollars though has always been a joke when it comes to stadiums. They use the private money as income for the AD. Buildings and stadiums are then bonded out by the university. It's how they always do it.
Yes. I'm sure a bond issuance is coming.

I worked in fundraising at Florida State. Bonds for athletic projects at public universities in Florida are secured by the school's booster organizations, not the university.

They'll use donations, future ticket revenue, royalties and other sources to pay off the debt.

Reaction Score

So you’re going to persuade Boise by inviting them to a conference with more travel and about the same football quality? Ditto App St.
and this is akso going to be attractive to Army who wasn’t interested in the AAC before?

Reaction Score
So you’re going to persuade Boise by inviting them to a conference with more travel and about the same football quality? Ditto App St.
and this is akso going to be attractive to Army who wasn’t interested in the AAC before?
It’s 5:00 somewhere…

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

With Air Force and Navy in conference, I wonder if Army would join? That would shore them up in the east, thought they seem to be heading away from the east coast.

Reaction Score
With Air Force and Navy in conference, I wonder if Army would join? That would shore them up in the east, thought they seem to be heading away from the east coast.
Air Force, Colorado State, and UAB are locked in. Now they're trying to convince Army. If Army declines, it will be a Texas school (likely UTSA or Rice).

Reaction Score
And from the AAC standpoint, this is pretty snoozer. Does little to help FB other than it will help hold Navy.
a Memphis-SMU title game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom