Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 270 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get his raving about Houston's campus either. Someone should send him some videos of UConn's campus and facilities.
Perhaps one of the Twitteristas on the board should send him The View from Above?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't get his raving about Houston's campus either. Someone should send him some videos of UConn's campus and facilities.
He said he would be writing profiles of the candidates periodically. Easier to do the schools closest to you first.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am curious about the implied premise on the B-12 championship game sponsorship (as offered by FedEx):. Was that offer so good because it would be considerably beyond what normal sponsorship rights would cost (try getting that past a board of directors) or does the B-12 not warrant a legitimate fee for sponsorship rights without favoritism being part of the deal?

Reaction Score
I've been to houston's campus. He's crazy. It's nice for a comm college, but it is a terrible college campus. It is on the fringe of a very bad area and essentially is a series of bad buildings dotting a campus removed from the city. It is a nice fb stadium, but he was either smoking something funny, drunk or bring paid to write that piece.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The stadium seats 40,000 but can be easily expanded. Houston doesn’t need to expand now. It needs to build up that fan base so that stadium expansion is necessary. And the Cougar brass knows that.

Hmmmm...a supposed major university in the heart of Football worshiping Texas can't fill it's stadium any better than a school from pro sports town New England? Guess that's not a factor in this decision then.

Reaction Score
A win over OK today would really fire up any typically lukewarm UH fans. Would probably improve attendance at their next home game.

Reaction Score
Greg Abbott@GregAbbott_TX 24 mins ago
Congratulations Houston Cougars on the awesome win. #HTownTakeover@UHouston

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1h1 hour ago
Houston makes it Big 12 case with an upset of No. 3 Oklahoma. The Cougars timing could not have been better.
With Houston upsetting Sooners, Big 12 expansion question becomes 'How can you not add Cougars?' | SportsDay

Gary Fuller ‏@fullergary · 1h1 hour ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN
So you think OU votes for them now?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@fullergary
That's a great question. I don't have a great answer.

Bill Bryan ‏@billbryan1953 · 41m41 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN
so is membership based solely on a football score or the complete academic/athletic package a school offers?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@billbryan1953
Timing is everything. And if you're in a good position (like Houston) and do this, it surely helps.

Bill Bryan ‏@billbryan1953 · 34m34 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN
I might have agreed if the B12 wasn't dragging their feet. Isn't that how/why TCU is now a member? Other factors matter.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 33m33 minutes ago
@billbryan1953
True. But Houston was probably one of the top three before today. If nothing else, this doesn't hurt the cause.

Reaction Score
I could see why beating the b12 teams could hurt your chances. If these Texas schools elevate Houston, it's likely at there expense.

Reaction Score
Renu Khator ‏@UHpres · 8h8 hours ago
Go Coogs...with @GovAbbott and @TilmanJFertitta
CrceM2vUEAQTT9E.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seems like she is slipping her hand in the gov's pants.
A president's got to do what a president's got to do.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice how hard this C. Austin Cox continues to pimp Memphis? Must be a Memphis fan.

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 1h1 hour ago
Memphis rolled through Week 1 with a 35-17 win over SEMO. Almost too much too like about the Tigers. They make #Big12Expansion sense.

Yup - He keeps positioning it like the ESPN Memphis out story (and independently confirmed by the AP) isn't factual. Keeps driving them clicks.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Anyone notice how hard this C. Austin Cox continues to pimp Memphis? Must be a Memphis fan.

Memphis rolled through Week 1 with a 35-17 win over SEMO. Almost too much too like about the Tigers. They make #Big12Expansion sense.

10 retweets22 likes
Well I don't know why the Big 12 wouldn't jump on them quickly, now that they've beaten Southeast Missouri St by 18. Might want to grab Tulsa while they're at it after their 45-10 win over San Jose St and East Carolina for their 52-7 shellacking of Western Carolina too. That makes #noexpansionsenseoranysenseatall sense.

What a moron, I think all of his tweets are officially non-key from now on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here is the full nda.

http://media.jrn.com/documents/big12nda.pdf

A lawyer on the byu board posted that releasing the NDA would be a violation of the agreement especially Schedule A where they disclose who is on a need to know basis.

Also said it shows a complete lack of professionalism and they should probably terminate negotiations if they haven't already.

On first reading, I was going to post that simply disclosing a NDA doesn't in itself constitution a violation of the agreement unless it's specifically covered in the terms. Sure enough, though, one doesn't even need to be an attorney to see that in Graph 1., the Agreement, including its terms and existence , is specifically covered as "Conference Confidential Information" meaning those inviduals on Schedule A and the university attorneys are the only ones that would be authorized to see the agreement. Basically if the NDA includes the agreement as being confidential, the terms can't be disclosed. If it's not listed, it could be. In this case, upon inspection, he's right that it's definitely listed. I don't know if that BYU guy you mentioned is or isn't an attorney, but the agreement definitely spells out the NDA as being confidential.

Reaction Score

10 retweets22 likes
The guy went from a virtual unknown to thousands of Twitter mentions and multiple appearances on sports radio by pimping Memphis. He's going to ride this out as the desperate Memphis fanbase will let him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom