Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If, in this bizzaro world that we get a B1G invite, we turn it down because of one time BE exit fee money, whoever made that decision should be tried for treason.

You'd bother with a trial? Summary execution.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@smm140 If FSU/Miami say no, have to think 1, if not both, of UCF/USF get a B12 invite. Bowlsby & Dodds want East Coast, Fox wants Florida.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@smm140 If FSU/Miami say no, have to think 1, if not both, of UCF/USF get a B12 invite. Bowlsby & Dodds want East Coast, Fox wants Florida.

I think you are a bit late to the game with this tid bit. Old info and refuted on many different sides. By the way UCF and your media... be happy you are even out of your dreg of a conference. It may not be the best league right now for you but you had the step up while we got screwed. No extra money for you.

I would love to say that we would be making a move to the B1G or ACC, but I have to keep asking myself why all this info is coming out of all places West Virginia and a guy named melogroovy and no where else. Sounds like to guys trying to be more then they are and a Syracuse guy punking all unsuspecting Husky fans. I think that our good old attorney general really poisoned the well with most ACC teams in the first round of expansion. Unless they leave we aren't going there. I also need to look at the B1G and ask myself, honestly, what major play this gives them by adding us. I get that we are a great school with great academics and sports, but the to the rest of the country we look like the academic blunder in basketball and a young no history football team.

Trust me that is not who we are but the perception is out there. We bring much to the table and I hope that the B1G sees that we are just at the beginnings of our growth. We have a huge upside that other schools do not. Others have gone as far as they can go... we are just at the beginning.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda

LMAO. If USF and UCF were important to Fox, they would have bid on the fkaNNNBE package. They could have acquired those properties for far less that it will cost to add them to the XII.

Reaction Score
Well, the NCAA for starters (at least for the basketball tournament credits, which is half the total. Those go to the conference, not to individual schools.)

Also, what makes you think Cinci & USF wouldn't want to keep our share for themselves if we ditch them?

Cincy has the same incentive as UConn. If the ACC falls apart, Cincy is in WITH UConn.

Reaction Score
LMAO. If USF and UCF were important to Fox, they would have bid on the fkaNNNBE package. They could have acquired those properties for far less that it will cost to add them to the XII.
usf and ucf in big12 is not the same as ucf and usf in the conference with no name.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If, in this bizzaro world that we get a B1G invite, we turn it down because of one time BE exit fee money, whoever made that decision should be tried for treason.

No. Wrong.

They should be shot on the spot.

Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV's tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @theDudeofWV's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV's tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @theDudeofWV's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

The Dude starting his own AAU? You need to tell him you know how to research the CR stuff and send it to him. You too can be a source.

Reaction Score
Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
After being told by #B1G they won't go into Florida, #FSU re-thinkingconference move. Hint: it's more "centrally" located. #Big12

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
Yes, #FsU would prefer #sEC or #B1G, but now that both have said no thanks informal talks renewing with #Big12. #Clemson to follow.

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
#Big12 won't make the first move though, so don't don't expect #FSU, #Clemson until after Delaney and #B1G's raid on #ACC. #GT #UVA #UNC

Reaction Score
I sure hope he is right. FSU might want to get into the B1G, I am not sure B1G would go in that direction based on FSU's overall academic profile. If B1G is looking at FSU, then GT, UNC and UVA are all in play. Ideally, B1G just invite us and UVA. I just hope we land somewhere soon. We are totally out of place in this new unnamed conference.
Florida State is no more welcome in the Big as they are in the SEC. They are likely going to the B12 eventually, but who knows when that will be. Also open is who their partner will be. West Virginia will be lobbying hard for an eastern school, Miami, Va Tech, Cincinnati. But the B-12 will eventually be forced to go to 12 members by the SEC, PAC and the Big. For what it is worth, I think most of these tweets are made up by the tweeters, melogroovy and friends, and most of the UConn stuff is driven by the fact that UConn is the best school left out of conference expansion. Had we gotten the ACC bid, the tweets would be Louisville to the B-12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Florida State is no more welcome in the Big as they are in the SEC. They are likely going to the B12 eventually, but who knows when that will be. Also open is who their partner will be. West Virginia will be lobbying hard for an eastern school, Miami, Va Tech, Cincinnati. But the B-12 will eventually be forced to go to 12 members by the SEC, PAC and the Big. For what it is worth, I think most of these tweets are made up by the tweeters, melogroovy and friends, and most of the UConn stuff is driven by the fact that UConn is the best school left out of conference expansion. Had we gotten the ACC bid, the tweets would be Louisville to the B-12.
yep.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You can bet that WVU's travel issue in the Big 12 has sent some ripples throughout the CR scene. I mean, seriously, these are institutes of higher learning. Shouldn't they have been smart enough to figure this out BEFORE they moved?

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Mike Aresco said former Big East will not consider selling naming rights for league

Aresco: "There has been no infighting about distribution" of exit fees

Mike Aresco: "We're not going to be playing on Mondays or Tuesdays"

Mike Aresco: "Looking at some point in spring, perhaps in April or early May" to come up w/new name for former Big East

No agreement b/w old/new Big East, but Aresco said he expects leagues will continue playing in men's hoops

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom