Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So you wouldn't be overjoyed it we got out this crap hole of a conference? Stay or go, it all the same to you? Not buying it, not for one minute.

Different question entirely.

I'll be thrilled to leave - but I'm still not gonna give a flying duck* about the schools we're landing with.

If we end up in the ACC, there'll be no hugs around the campfire just because after a decade of actively trying to kill us, they finally had no other choice but to invite us.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is WVU fans consider these twitter freaks embarrassing.

Reaction Score
karma is a b-tch
Nobody wants a far flung geographic outlier unless they are desperate or that program is really special. The Big 10 is not desperate and FSU is not that special. This is not happening.

The Dude's schtick is that he positions himself as a fan that is just really excited about this stuff, unlike most faux insiders who abuse posters who do not appreciate the great honor the insider is bestowing upon the particular message board in question. As a result, people put up with a lot of BS from the Dude because he seems like a nice enough guy. His track record is terrible, as would be expected since he is making it all up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Love that these mouth breathing twidiots think that seeking AAU membership = seeking B1G invite. In terms of dollars to a university AAU dwarfs whatever Fox or ESPN can hand out for FB games.

AAU membership is a goal unto itself.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Three points I have from this thread thus far:

buggsy is a

FSU will not join the B1G for multiple reasons

Why would the B1G reject Missouri only to do a 180 and invite them?

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
@JSi07 Let me be very clear. FSU has submitted a membership application to the B1G. They have the votes. This is just to get Mich. yes vote.

@JSi07 FSU's plan was "impressive and thoroughly documented" in regards to obtaining AAU status.

@JSi07 @ekeithly_1 There isn't any other way to interput FSU submitting an application and an academic plan to the B1G.

@JSi07 I'm pretty damn confident in this parcel of information. 3 separate and legitimate sources.

@JSi07 This is a milestone. A point of no return. FSU already has the votes.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @JSi07 @ekeithly_1 If (when) Delaney puts FSU up for a vote it will pass.

Reaction Score
@JSi07 Let me be very clear. FSU has submitted a membership application to the B1G. They have the votes. This is just to get Mich. yes vote.

@JSi07 FSU's plan was "impressive and thoroughly documented" in regards to obtaining AAU status.

@JSi07 @ekeithly_1 There isn't any other way to interput FSU submitting an application and an academic plan to the B1G.

@JSi07 I'm pretty damn confident in this parcel of information. 3 separate and legitimate sources.

@JSi07 This is a milestone. A point of no return. FSU already has the votes.

@Iamgrizzly1974 @JSi07 @ekeithly_1 If (when) Delaney puts FSU up for a vote it will pass.

The AAU stuff is a dead giveaway that none of this is true.

I have no doubt that FSU wants into the B1G. I also think the B1G would now want FSU to join, as opposed to a couple years ago.

I have huge doubts that AAU membership is at all a concern of the B1G in any of this.

Look at the way Nebraska's AAU membership was treated by the B1G. When it comes to bonafide football schools like Nebraska and Florida State, the B1G doesn't give a damn about AAU membership. It's practically irrelevant.

That's why the Dude's info is more than a little fishy.

Reaction Score
Here is an opinion.

The Dud of WV is reporting what he is hearing from "Sources". The problem is he has never meet these people. They are sending information from their private e-mail addresses so it can't be traced. They use the program on the internet to show caller ID as some place in Florida.

Getting the picture. The Dud actually believes his sources, but since he has never meet them he doesn't really know who they are. He is being played by someone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Different question entirely.

I'll be thrilled to leave - but I'm still not gonna give a flying duck* about the schools we're landing with.

If we end up in the ACC, there'll be no hugs around the campfire just because after a decade of actively trying to kill us, they finally had no other choice but to invite us.
Never said I'd want to pick out a china pattern with any of them, just that I'll be overjoyed to get the program to a sustainable home. If a 'cuse or BC fan happens to be in the room when I hear, I'm not coming down from the high to flip them off. Think we are saying the same thing, though.

Reaction Score
melogroovy@melogroovy
UConn will get invite, partner has not been identified.

melogroovy@melogroovy
ACC is united and will not break up.

melogroovy@melogroovy
FSU to B1G is a myth

melogroovy@melogroovy
Two things holding up B1G moves: MD exit fee and the NCAA tourney

I assume he's referring to Big... I am still not convinced Melo isn't a regular on this board. Regardless, he (or she) has been relatively consistent and measured in their tweets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The World Wildlife Fund is anything but fake.
You want fake entertainment, check out the WWE.
The World Wrestling Federation is the pre-bancruptcy incarnation of the WWE. WWF is the Andre the Giant, Haystacks Calhoun era.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
^ Nah, that was The guy out Connecticut. hilarious though when people at wvu started to quote him haha.

pj

Reaction Score
The AAU stuff is a dead giveaway that none of this is true.

I have no doubt that FSU wants into the B1G. I also think the B1G would now want FSU to join, as opposed to a couple years ago.

I have huge doubts that AAU membership is at all a concern of the B1G in any of this.

Look at the way Nebraska's AAU membership was treated by the B1G. When it comes to bonafide football schools like Nebraska and Florida State, the B1G doesn't give a damn about AAU membership. It's practically irrelevant.

That's why the Dude's info is more than a little fishy.

Agree that AAU membership isn't a deciding factor as far as invitations, but it may be important for publicity/propaganda/negotiating purposes on both ends.

In order for the B1G to win UNC and UVa away from the SEC, they need to have academic standards that don't permit them to take Va Tech and NC State. That way the way to maximize money into NC/Va is Va Tech + NC State to SEC, UNC and UVa to B1G, and the B1G gets state legislators and other powers backing its preference. If the B1G doesn't have any academic standards, then the reverse, UNC+UVa to SEC and NC State+ VaTech to B1G, becomes plausible and UNC and UVa may get their choice. They might favor the SEC.

FSU also has to sell a switch to a far-flung northern conference to its constituencies. If they can claim they're upgrading research and academics by moving to the B1G, that defuses objections.

Once realignment is finished, they can drop the AAU charade.

Reaction Score
Serious question.

Why would UCONN do anything before they get the payout from the conference formerly known as the Big East. It could be greater than $20 million. They would need that to buy their way out of the A12 for 2014. If they would annouce something before that than you would be in the boat with Rutgers leaving.

Even the B1G would ask you to leave before that kind of money was deposited in your account. They would make you use it to upgrade something.

Reaction Score
Serious question.

Why would UCONN do anything before they get the payout from the conference formerly known as the Big East. It could be greater than $20 million. They would need that to buy their way out of the A12 for 2014. If they would annouce something before that than you would be in the boat with Rutgers leaving.

Even the B1G would ask you to leave before that kind of money was deposited in your account. They would make you use it to upgrade something.

They would get the money over several years. Not worth waiting for.

Reaction Score
Serious question.

Serious answer:

Why would you wait to collect $20MM over 6 years, when you could get $35MM to $40MM EVERY YEAR...

Reaction Score
Serious question.

It's not going to be paid in a lump sum. It's going to be over a period of 5-7 years. Break that down it's ~4 mil per year or less. Certainly not enough to stop us from jumping immediately.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Serious answer:

Why would you wait to collect $20MM over 6 years, when you could get $35MM to $40MM EVERY YEAR...

Who says we lose it if we leave? There are three members who can vote. We claimed it. It's ours. What happens later is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize they were going to hold the payments over that period of time.

Also, if a B1G invite was made you would be getting in the $15MM to start and working you way up to a full share over 5 -6 years. You would get the full share immediately.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize they were going to hold the payments over that period of time.

Also, if a B1G invite was made you would be getting in the $15MM to start and working you way up to a full share over 5 -6 years. You would get the full share immediately.

Yes but it would get us to the max QUICKER. Obviously this is hypothetical, but say that we leave for next year, they pay us 15 mil then eventually we get up to the full share (say 22) in 5-6 years, by doing it a year ahead of schedule, you're still making an extra 22 mil because you'll be getting to the full share in less time..

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Can we call this "Dueling Banjos"? Right out of Deliverance.

1. MH*er3@MH*er3
    Unknown if that meant geographically or academically.
    40m
  2. MH*er3@MH*er3
    FSU has been told by BiG10 that they will not be expanding " in their direction".

EDIT: Fixed it.

Reaction Score
melogroovy@melogroovy
UConn will get invite, partner has not been identified.

melogroovy@melogroovy
ACC is united and will not break up.

melogroovy@melogroovy
FSU to B1G is a myth

melogroovy@melogroovy
Two things holding up B1G moves: MD exit fee and the NCAA tourney

I assume he's referring to Big... I am still not convinced Melo isn't a regular on this board. Regardless, he (or she) has been relatively consistent and measured in their tweets.

I sure hope he is right. FSU might want to get into the B1G, I am not sure B1G would go in that direction based on FSU's overall academic profile. If B1G is looking at FSU, then GT, UNC and UVA are all in play. Ideally, B1G just invite us and UVA. I just hope we land somewhere soon. We are totally out of place in this new unnamed conference.

Reaction Score
Who says we lose it if we leave? There are three members who can vote. We claimed it. It's ours. What happens later is irrelevant.

Well, the NCAA for starters (at least for the basketball tournament credits, which is half the total. Those go to the conference, not to individual schools.)

Also, what makes you think Cinci & USF wouldn't want to keep our share for themselves if we ditch them?

Reaction Score
Serious question.

The payout is spread over 6 years.

Also, there's a bylaw that says the $5 million exit fee will be reduced in the event of a lower TV contract, so the exit fee will be reduced.

Given the precedent that's been set, with the conference allowing everyone to leave in their own timeframe (other than WV which wanted to leave ASAP), UConn (if it is invited elsewhere) will likely have to pay about $2.5 million in exit fees, relinquish whatever amount is still owed to it, and also spend a year in the current conference. Maybe the 3 current members can negotiate a deal like the Catholics and Notre Dame received (some NCAA credits) but I doubt it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well, the NCAA for starters (at least for the basketball tournament credits, which is half the total. Those go to the conference, not to individual schools.)

Also, what makes you think Cinci & USF wouldn't want to keep our share for themselves if we ditch them?

My understanding is that the exit fee money and near term credit money needs to be irrevocably split by the three remaining schools, with a fixed payout to incoming schools. If not, those schools get to vote, and the split can change. So our third of it has to be irrevocably assigned to us soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom