Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
If we got in, it wouldn't take long to start finding rivals. Right now, only Rutgers would be one, though, and I'd be gracious to everyone else.

agreed, but I don't think if we ended up in a conference with FSU, a school that loudly worked to black-ball us from the ACC we should be thrilled to be graced with their company. I'd be much happier letting them know we are aware of what happened.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is the first thing that seems plausible to me in many many months.

For whatever it is worth, unlike M*ver3 who's tweets are incredibly vague and barely in English, the Dude seems to know people at WVU. He doesn't claim to have other sources. He writes reasonably well and makes intelligent comments. More like a Frank the Tank from the WVU end of things, but not somebody with real inside info.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? When we finally end up in our new home, I'll be like one us those friendly drunk guys, hugging everyone and anyone.
Without a doubt...if/when we land in a real conference, I may not make it into work for days. The local packy will need to restock its Guinness & Crown Maple supply.

Reaction Score
For whatever it is worth, unlike M*ver3 who's tweets are incredibly vague and barely in English, the Dude seems to know people at WVU. He doesn't claim to have other sources. He writes reasonably well and makes intelligent comments. More like a Frank the Tank from the WVU end of things, but not somebody with real inside info.
My problem with ver3 is that he almost never says something ISN'T happening, instead responding to questions with even more vague non-answers. I've always thought it's his way to keep people reading his tweets. Never say no and you create more uncertainty and rumors, false hope for fans of schools looking for hope (US!), and thus, more readers. If he tweets, no, UConn is not being considered by the B1G, less UConn fans go back to read. If he tweets, sources unsure, more things to come, more UConn fans will inevitably go back to see.

Reaction Score
My life is so much better since I stopped following both the Dude of WV and M*ver3

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If that new home is the ACC, are you going to be friendly and hugging BC? Probably not. There is no need to love everyone at the party, just so long as you don't on the carpet of the host...that's about the only hard and fast rule.
Absolutely. They get a big hug and I love you man! Then, after the euphoria wears off, we can start kicking their asses.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? When we finally end up in our new home, I'll be like one us those friendly drunk guys, hugging everyone and anyone.

How thoroughly Syracuse of you.

My preference is complete indifference to our conference mates. I don't care about the batch we have now and I don't plan on caring about any future conference mates. They can all catch fire and burn to embers for all I care.

Reaction Score

My preference is complete indifference to our conference mates. I don't care about the batch we have now and I don't plan on caring about any future conference mates. They can all catch fire and burn to embers for all I care.
Totally agree with this. After all of this I could care less about any other school whether in conference or out. It's all about Uconn from this point forward.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
As it looks right now FSU is 100% certain destined for the B1G. Plan for AAU membership was to placate Michigan.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The whole deal is predicated on FSU and the Big 10. That is all FSU wants and that is exactly what the Big 10 needs.

Reaction Score
FSU to the B1G is potentially best case for Uconn, right? or will the ACC need a "football school" and take Cincy to replace them? Then the B1G would need a travel partner for FSU and would take GTech and the ACC would want the FL market back and take USF... :eek:

Reaction Score
Michigan, Ohio State & Wisconsin comprise the subcommittee that will review FSU’s plan.

The ACC doomsday clock is now 1 minute to midnight.

@ExpansionDan B12 will only take 2 now. Miami & Clemson.

When the 2014 season kicks off the FSU Seminoles will be members of the B1G.

Reaction Score
As it looks right now FSU is 100% certain destined for the B1G. Plan for AAU membership was to placate Michigan.

we are a logical B1G partner to limit ACCs choices for a replacement. Once ACC picks up USF or Cincy, other ACC dominoes will fall.

Reaction Score

Kieffer klolo@Fsufan9217
@theDudeofWV and 16 is who? unc?

@Fsufan9217 FSU and UVA. GT may have twaddled their way into obscurity.

Reaction Score
I love how definitive he is. lol.

I'm sure if FSU is going to join the B1G, they will have a say who the other team to join them is. And I can guarnatee you that their choice would not be UConn. The question is whether it would be ND

Reaction Score

I'm sure if FSU is going to join the B1G, they will have a say who the other team to join them is. And I can guarnatee you that their choice would not be UConn. The question is whether it would be ND

UNC

Reaction Score
Michigan, Ohio State & Wisconsin comprise the subcommittee that will review FSU’s plan.

The ACC doomsday clock is now 1 minute to midnight.

@ExpansionDan B12 will only take 2 now. Miami & Clemson.

Expansion Dan has got to = hfd. Knock twice if its you Dan

Reaction Score
I don't believe this is true, but it would be hilarious if the ACC spent the fall appeasing FSU, only to lose them anyways.

Reaction Score
D.C. Reeves
@Warchant_DC

Managing Editor of Warchant.com, the Rivals.com network site covering Florida State University.
Tallahassee, Fla. · http://www.warchant.com

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC
@FSU97Grad @GSwaim @theDudeofWV @WarchantPaul NO, this is all crap people are making up.

@Warchant_DC @WarchantPaul You had better check your sources and fast. Not trying to start anything just giving you heads up .

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC
@UTDrew6 @theDudeofWV @WarchantPaul @ChipBrownOB @frankthetank111 No one disregarding discussion about anything. But it's just that.

@scalphunter @Warchant_DC @WarchantPaul @ChipBrownOB @frankthetank111 FSU's not going to the trouble. Nor is the B1G if its not serious.

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC
@theDudeofWV You realize that they've had some form of an AAU plan for years several years now, right?

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC
@theDudeofWV Here's discussion from former FSU prez looking at AAU membership in 2005: http://president.fsu.edu/State-of-the-University-Address/September-2005…

@Warchant_DC So if FSU has a brand new 5-year plan for AAU membership it's just a coincidence?

@nolanolegal @Warchant_DC Again... why did Eric Barron submit the plan to the B1G? Easy to find out right?

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC17m
@theDudeofWV @nolanolegal Oh, so you have proof of that?

@Warchant_DC @nolanolegal I'm saying you can be the first to find out if you would bother to actually check with your FSU people.

D.C. Reeves@Warchant_DC
@theDudeofWV OK, got it.

Reaction Score

Kieffer klolo@Fsufan9217
@theDudeofWV and 16 is who? unc?

@Fsufan9217 FSU and UVA. GT may have twaddled their way into obscurity.

This may be obscure and crazy, but the last one is going exactly how I thought it would. Tech has been saying it's not going anywhere, and now it may not find a seat. More interestingly, what if indeed the B12 went to 12 teams? Big10 stays at 16, and then the ACC does what? Does the SEC try to grab anybody? UNC? NC State? Va. Tech? If not, Uconn might get screwed if the ACC is satisfied with 12 teams.

That's the point when ESPN has to come down hard on the ACC and tell them that without Clemson, UVa, Miami and Florida state, they need to add UConn to even remotely approach their former payday
You still have

Reaction Score

I'm sure if FSU is going to join the B1G, they will have a say who the other team to join them is. And I can guarantee you that their choice would not be UConn. The question is whether it would be ND

Why would they have any say whatsoever? FSU has applied to join in the past. They were rejected.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nobody wants a far flung geographic outlier unless they are desperate or that program is really special. The Big 10 is not desperate and FSU is not that special. This is not happening.

The Dude's schtick is that he positions himself as a fan that is just really excited about this stuff, unlike most faux insiders who abuse posters who do not appreciate the great honor the insider is bestowing upon the particular message board in question. As a result, people put up with a lot of BS from the Dude because he seems like a nice enough guy. His track record is terrible, as would be expected since he is making it all up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So you wouldn't be overjoyed it we got out this crap hole of a conference? Stay or go, it all the same to you? Not buying it, not for one minute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom