Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 111 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
DaveSittler1:37pm via Twitter Web Client
Big 12's apparent current pecking order: Cincy, UConn, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, BYU. Even though UConn seems closer to Iceland.

DaveSittler1:47pm via Twitter Web Client
Said that was Big 12"s apparent pecking order. Here's mine: BYU, Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, UConn.

(Journalist. Covered Big 8/12 for 40-plus years. Past president of Football Writers Association of America.)
Flugar can go into gloat mode now.

I really like where BYU is on the first list (and UConn's position, obv).

Buuuuut - I also want to know if this is a list generated by Boren/OU, WVU, the expansion committee, or a larger group. I tweeted at Sittler but no response yet.

Reaction Score
DaveSittler1:37pm via Twitter Web Client
Big 12's apparent current pecking order: Cincy, UConn, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, BYU. Even though UConn seems closer to Iceland.

DaveSittler1:47pm via Twitter Web Client
Said that was Big 12"s apparent pecking order. Here's mine: BYU, Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, UConn.

(Journalist. Covered Big 8/12 for 40-plus years. Past president of Football Writers Association of America.)

Well, it's sure generating reactions:

JakeInMotown1:44pm via Twitter Web Client
@DaveSittler There is no logical explanation for BYU being at the end of that list. None.

RaiderRantings 2:00pm via Twitter for Android
UConn adds NOTHING in the way of football. No history, no real success, no recruiting, horrible location, uninterested fans. #big12expansion

donald_farmer 2:33pm via Twitter Web Client
@DaveSittler UConn? A joke? Does the B12 not care about football, football recruiting, culture, or geography at all?

Last edited:

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I agree with the nay sayers. We don't belong in the B12.

Before you all freak out. I think more than anything, being one of the 2 piped for future expansion should raise flags in the ACC/B1G. Sign us up boys.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I responded to him (let's get some likes on Twitter to send a message):

Mavblues ‏@mavblues now

@RaiderRantings Dumb. Higher winning % than many in P5. Check UCONN players in NFL and CT HS players in D-1. Check TV sets and avg income $
It's always weird to me that the fans of the bottom feeders of any conference want to act as the gatekeepers for membership. BC is the same way about the ACC. I'm sure Rutgirls fans would feel the same way about us going to the B1G.

Reaction Score
It's always weird to me that the fans of the bottom feeders of any conference want to act as the gatekeepers for membership. BC is the same way about the ACC. I'm sure Rutgirls fans would feel the same way about us going to the B1G.
Actually no....even RutgersAl would like to see us in the B1G.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You stupid motherf-ckers are harder to train than animals.

Key tweets.
d2bc011be81de745e5cf0d33233930dd.jpg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Key tweets!! It's that a tweet? Nope.

No pics, no opinions.

Why is that so hard to understand?!?

(J/k. Wanted to get in before fishy.)
I totally get that this thread is about "Key Tweets". But if discussion about key tweets is discouraged, is there a separate thread where we should go to discuss the key tweets? I'm just trying to understand how this thread works. I would think that "key tweets", at it's essence, should be about the social media discourse surrounding UConn football and, as UConn football's core supporters, we should encourage discussion and react to said discourse in ways that promote the ascendance of UConn football? Maybe the "rule" on this thread should be that each post needs to include a reference to, or include, a new or old key tweet?

Reaction Score
I totally get that this thread is about "Key Tweets". But if discussion about key tweets is discouraged, is there a separate thread where we should go to discuss the key tweets? I'm just trying to understand how this thread works. I would think that "key tweets", at it's essence, should be about the social media discourse surrounding UConn football and, as UConn football's core supporters, we should encourage discussion and react to said discourse in ways that promote the ascendance of UConn football? Maybe the "rule" on this thread should be that each post needs to include a reference to, or include, a new or old key tweet?

I have no freaking idea - I was just having a little bit of fun. Seems like every thread around here starts off talking about UCONN and conference realignment, then regresses to arguments about the Louisiana Land Purchase.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's probably impossible to enforce. But the issue is that people check this thread for updates and see a bunch of new posts, and there's no new info most of the time and they go home disappointed. Just like with this post.

Maybe someone (@jostar1?) could start a CR Retweets twitter account, where they would follow all the McMurphy or Tramel sportswriter types, college presidents, etc., and retweet the key tweets and nothing else. Then we could embed that timeline here somehow...?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is where the key tweets go. And only the key tweets. Do not f--- around.

Maintain vigilance.

.....Because they stand on a wall* and say, "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

* "Wall" = leather recliner with a MacBook.

Reaction Score
Maintain vigilance.

Fishwatch_logo.png

Reminds of the time that my old man and I got busted for illegal clamming out by Mystic somewhere ( I was maybe 8 years old). The DEP Cop, after taking all of our clams, marches us a half mile down the street and then has to physically push away a pile of vines an other plant life (hope it was poison ivy) from a telephone pole and behind all of that was a rusted out sign saying the cove we were at was protected and clamming was illegal. We were not impressed. Mom was even less impressed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reminds of the time that my old man and I got busted for illegal clamming out by Mystic somewhere ( I was maybe 8 years old). The DEP Cop, after taking all of our clams, marches us a half mile down the street and then has to physically push away a pile of vines an other plant life (hope it was poison ivy) from a telephone pole and behind all of that was a rusted out sign saying the cove we were at was protected and clamming was illegal. We were not impressed. Mom was even less impressed.

Nice. My clamming stories goon a slightly different context. We better hurry up and stop this conversation before the Pickup Private orders a Code Red on us for discussing something other than a Key Tweet in the Key Tweet Thread. Keep this on the DL.

Reaction Score

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
This is where the key tweets go. And only the key tweets. Do not f--- around.

.....Because they stand on a wall* and say, "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

* "Wall" = leather recliner with a MacBook.

In best Jack Nicholson voice "You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall."

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
VERY interesting read...
Isn't the articles thesis sort of disproved by the BIG12 additions of WVU and TCU and Louisville to the ACC? Academics obviously didn't matter then. Maybe the article should be titled "we like to say academics matter but it's really about good football teams and television revenue"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom