Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 109 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Stupid....

Round robin means everybody plays everyone once.
Having a championship means somebody is playing twice.
And somehow, when the schools split the games, they think this will help determine a champion?

Reaction Score
The B-12 has never been against splitting into 2 divisions to have a CCG with 10 teams...if I'm not mistaken that may have been why they originally asked for deregulation. It's the ACC that wants to pick who plays in the ACC Championship game..that's why Delaney and the B1G added that addendum about 2 divisions. It was a direct shot at the ACC...not the B-12. It just works better with 2 6 team divisions instead of 2 5 team divisions.
Big12 is publicly against divisions. They want the top 2 teams. Period.
Divisions mean the top two teams could be in the same division.

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 28m28 minutes ago
Big 12 commish Bob Bowlsby on Wed vote to have right to play conf title game: "I think we will negotiate an outcome with which we can live."

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So stupid that Louisville and Cincinnati aren't in the Big 12 and we aren't in the ACC.

Thats the thing that gets me...BC, Cuse, RU and UConn should be in the same conference. It feels like someone needs to reshuffle the deck and do the right thing.

I know its not going to happen...but that doesn't make it less frustrating.

Reaction Score
I caught this in Wiki looking up the old Metro Conference, just replace Temple with UConn (and Tulane with Clemson) and it is interesting. Just shows how far back people were talking that the basketball and football schools would have to split-up in the Northeast. Damn the fools in Providence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference

Metro Super Conference - 16 programs
North: BC, Cincinnati, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, V Tech, W Virginia
South: E Carolina, Florida St, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Tulane

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I caught this in Wiki looking up the old Metro Conference, just replace Temple with UConn (and Tulane with Clemson) and it is interesting. Just shows how far back people were talking that the basketball and football schools would have to split-up in the Northeast. Damn the fools in Providence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference

Metro Super Conference - 16 programs
North: BC, Cincinnati, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, V Tech, W Virginia
South: E Carolina, Florida St, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Tulane

Gavitt knew it was coming. I forget the details but I believe he offered to broker a conference move for Syracuse and BC back in the day. That has been my beef with Tranghese. He refused to see the writing on the wall. He could have brokered a split which ultimately would have been better for everyone. However, at that time UConn had no plans to upgrade FB.

Reaction Score
So what "compromise" was reached? What the Big 12 have to give up to get a CCG without going to 12 teams or two divisions? I thought in a compromise you give something up....

Reaction Score
If the compromise is that they play a round robin and their top two teams play for a championship (without divisions and only 10 teams), what a HUGE win for the B12. The other conferences must really not want them to expand.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
now I can get back to work.....
Yep. back to work....just give me a minute.

ED+Depression+Man+in+Suit.jpg

Reaction Score
It's only gonna take another few months before OU threatens to leave before we go through this again

It might take longer than that, but I do agree. I think it will take until at least the end of the next football season.

UConn needs these next two years to be really strong efforts in basketball and football. S16 this year and F8 next year, and 8-4 in football.

Reaction Score

FWIW - this is at least the second time where Bowlsby has stated that the Big XII didn't want to be forced to expand. We'll, they aren't being forced too, so that leaves open the possibility that they may expand anyway.

Reaction Score
FWIW - this is at least the second time where Bowlsby has stated that the Big XII didn't want to be forced to expand. We'll, they aren't being forced too, so that leaves open the possibility that they may expand anyway.
It takes some real wordsmithing to extract that meaning from his statement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom