Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement

Reaction Score
Kill me.

Let me ask why would you say that? Not busting just curious on your thoughts. I mean if KF has the capabilities of those he is up against it would be a wonderful sight to see a Husky on the staff as well as one that understands how to play in the interior. But if he's not ready then maybe you're on to something.

Reaction Score
If the timeline was right we could have gotten Cam Thomas. Will Wade is about to be fired or put in prison lol
I'm still butt hurt about Cam Thomas, don't think ive wanted a recruit more than him since Hamidou. I'll believe Will Wade gets caught when I see it. Total slime ball, NCAA has no spine

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Byers is by far the most attractive on ADB's list
But, TB is my personal favorite but just doesn't fit the shoes that need to be filled right now

Reaction Score
Let me ask why would you say that? Not busting just curious on your thoughts. I mean if KF has the capabilities of those he is up against it would be a wonderful sight to see a Husky on the staff as well as one that understands how to play in the interior. But if he's not ready then maybe you're on to something.

Just on a pure recruiting basis, Penn State or K Free hasnt brought in a top 100 player since 2016 and are consistently on the bottom half of the Big 10. I am still scarred about hiring within the UConn family with KO and.

Reaction Score
I think it's great to have ex-Huskies on staff ...but you-know-who soured me on that. Except for Taliek. he's OK doing what he's doing.

Reaction Score
What a stupid article. Guy says “this is big boy basketball where assistants make more than $300k”. Uhh dude, the guy Hunter is replacing was making LESS than Hunter was at UConn.

I hate these P5 schools that are garbage at everything, but because the heavyweights like OSU, UM, MSU etc bring football money to the conference, they act like they earned their $40m paycheck instead of getting lucky. Fuch off

Lol right, this guy writes like an idiot. Big boy basketball where assistants make more than 300k then follows up by writing he was making 315k at UConn. So uh doesn’t that classify UConn as a “big boy” by his own logic...

Also, “There are underlying issues at IU that might have proven attractive to Hunter”. Yeah okay that makes a lot of sense...

Reaction Score
Webster is perfect imo. Great recruiter in the area we need him to be recruiting in. Won’t cost too much compared to Kenya. Should get us the guys to make a deep tournament run. Once we get back to final 4s and elite 8s, guys like Luke Murray will be more interested and who knows maybe Kenya will even come back.

Reaction Score
Also an extreme downgrade.

I agree...just thought killing you was a little much.

I also don't know if Fishy actually knows anything - seemed more speculative. Not necessarily an insider. Let's wait and see.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a bit depressing. But I'm not gonna let this get me down. In fact, I'm gonna turn that frown upside down.

Reaction Score

He grew up in DC, went to school at Harvard and coached there too so knows NE as well as VA and that area. Sounds like a nice catch. Does anyone know about KFree and his recruiting expertise these days as a Nittany Lion?
Awards: Webster was named to ESPN's 40-under-40 list in May 2020, a prestigious list made up of the top 40 head coaches and assistant coaches in Division I men's basketball under the age of 40. During the summer of 2017, Webster was recognized by the National Association of Basketball Coaches as a “30-under-30” honoree. This recognizes a group of up and coming young coaches in men’s college basketball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lol right, this guy writes like an idiot. Big boy basketball where assistants make more than 300k then follows up by writing he was making 315k at UConn. So uh doesn’t that classify UConn as a “big boy” by his own logic...

Also, “There are underlying issues at IU that might have proven attractive to Hunter”. Yeah okay that makes a lot of sense...

He added the part about the $315,000 when Twitter kicked him into a volcano.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Do you think this guy even realizes he invalidated his own premise?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Maybe knowing that the HC is on thin ice or has other plans and this is a chance for him to step into that position sooner than he could at UConn or wait for another P5 school? That makes sense

Reaction Score

He grew up in DC, went to school at Harvard and coached there too so knows NE as well as VA and that area. Sounds like a nice catch. Does anyone know about KFree and his recruiting expertise these days as a Nittany Lion?
For 2021 I think Freeman was the lead recruiter for Elijah Hutchins-Everett the 6'11 center from Putnam Science that is an absolute space eater ranked about #180. He is a Kofi type of power player that owns the glass when I saw him. Sort of 1 dimensional power player like Sanogo and Kofi. I think Hutchins-Everett will have an impact at Penn State. I have no idea how competitive recruiting was, or with who. I haven't got an opinion on KFree but I think this particular guy was a good catch and a feather in Freeman's cap.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Freeman could rebound
Freeman coaching our rebounding oriented front court HIGHLY intrigues me. But we just have to have a DMV connection for recruiting. DMV has more talent than NE, NY, and NJ combined right now at the youth/HS level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom