Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement

Reaction Score
Lobo has less coaching experience than KO did, unless you count coaching her daughter in AAU. It isn't gender bias to say she's not a qualified hire. I suspect that she might be the first to say so.
I suspect she was mentioned as kind of a joke. She even tweeted "Associate Coach" which I'm sure was her getting the joke.

Reaction Score
I think Lobo would be a great choice. Talk about someone who would put in the work. I also think that the emphasis on technique and footwork she could bring to the table would be extremely beneficial.

Gonna disagree on this one. She has 0 recruiting experience. 0 coaching experience. She has developed no relationships in the men's cbb she can explpit to our advantage. She has never helped a player improve outside of her daughter's fall league team.

The mindset that being a good player makes you a good coach is what got our program into this mess to begin with. It is

We need proven recruiters and developers of talent. Full stop.

Reaction Score
Mike Miller is unemployed...He won’t get the job but he’s a well connected guy in AAU, brings nba relevancy & from watchin Memphis games, seemed to be more engaged x&o wise than the head coach. Even tho he left, I haven’t heard a negative thing said about the actual job he did.

Not a DMV guy, but someone connected in the southeast. May not be there yet, but someone with connections west of PA & south of VA Is going to be important as we continue to climb back our rightful throne. Outside just DMV, hunter I believe was our N.C. recruiter too

Reaction Score
Lobo has less coaching experience than KO did, unless you count coaching her daughter in AAU. It isn't gender bias to say she's not a qualified hire. I suspect that she might be the first to say so.

What coaching experience did KO have when we made him an assistant?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Mike Miller is unemployed...He won’t get the job but he’s a well connected guy in AAU, brings nba relevancy & from watchin Memphis games, seemed to be more engaged x&o wise than the head coach. Even tho he left, I haven’t heard a negative thing said about the actual job he did.

Not a DMV guy, but someone connected in the southeast. May not be there yet, but someone with connections west of PA & south of VA Is going to be important as we continue to climb back our rightful throne. Outside just DMV, hunter I believe was our N.C. recruiter too
He would be bored here as an assistant coach. At Memphis - he was the assistant who was also game day coach and strategist as well as his duties as an assistant.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It was Cue the Music - I was posting it here tongue in cheek but I don't necessarily disagree

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Mike Miller is a High School coach right now.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I think Lobo would be a great choice. Talk about someone who would put in the work. I also think that the emphasis on technique and footwork she could bring to the table would be extremely beneficial.
Horrible take...smh

Reaction Score
Is this supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? You know how that story ended right?

Your interpretation of a guy who collected multiple rings while coaching here aside, I'm replying to someone who said that Ollie had more coaching experience then than Lobo does now. I'm simply asking what coaching experience he's referring to.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What coaching experience did KO have when we made him an assistant?
Good point. I was thinking about when he was hired as head coach.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lobo has less coaching experience than KO did, unless you count coaching her daughter in AAU. It isn't gender bias to say she's not a qualified hire.
Do you still stand by the above?

Reaction Score
it's not similar to Geno. the basketball Xs and Os and teaching aspect would translate of course but we can't be the first program that relies on a woman to be a primary recruiter, which is an entirely different skill set. most highschool guys dont know how to talk to women it could be a disaster. I would love to see her or taurasi etc on the staff one day but not with recruiting responsibilities. becky hammon has been great for the spurs by all accounts.
Do you know how she gets them to shoot foul shots better?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom