Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement

Reaction Score

Adimeback did a “who to replace” article. Now Coach Hunter is gone, time to move forward. Who are you all wanting as an assistant? Anyone on your personal shortlist?

Reaction Score
I know less than nothing, but from 5 minutes of looking give me Webster

Reaction Score
Webster is the best option that seems likely.

Byers a good second option.

Some of the others are better and may be possible, but seems unlikely.

Just thst list. Im sure there are names we havent considered. Great article though.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting list, though like navery I know little. Webster seems like a great selection. Ranson would probably be the best hire (and the biggest splash), but I guess it isn't too likely. Brandin Knight also sounded appealing based off the paragraph. Will be interesting to see Hurley's direction. Would really like Webster.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Save me some research please, anyone on the list with success coaching big men?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Save me some research please, anyone on the list with success coaching big men?
Waquoit is right. The ideal candidate has to work with the big men and recruit that region. I would lean more on the big man coaching than the recruiting. They mentioned Lafleur, but I would be more interested in someone that is maybe younger and in tune with where the game is heading.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Webster is the best option that seems likely.

Byers a good second option.
Agreed, though I have to think Knight would be an interesting target given how he beat us on Cliff Omoruyi. Plus we get the adding bonus of knee-capping RU's recruiting efforts. Everybody loves a two-fer.

Reaction Score
I think Lobo would be a great choice. Talk about someone who would put in the work. I also think that the emphasis on technique and footwork she could bring to the table would be extremely beneficial.

Interesting to think about. Similar to wondering how Geno would do coaching in the Men's game. I think the concerns are in terms of how transferrable the skills are from the Women's game to the Men's game. I certainly wouldn't be concerned about Rebecca lobo from a work ethic or aptitude standpoint.

Reaction Score
Interesting to think about. Similar to wondering how Geno would do coaching in the Men's game. I think the concerns are in terms of how transferrable the skills are from the Women's game to the Men's game. I certainly wouldn't be concerned about Rebecca lobo from a work ethic or aptitude standpoint.
it's not similar to Geno. the basketball Xs and Os and teaching aspect would translate of course but we can't be the first program that relies on a woman to be a primary recruiter, which is an entirely different skill set. most highschool guys dont know how to talk to women it could be a disaster. I would love to see her or taurasi etc on the staff one day but not with recruiting responsibilities. becky hammon has been great for the spurs by all accounts.

Reaction Score
And as we know, zero coaching experience is not a good idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom