Jordan Horston | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
this time of the year is always joyous in Knoxville..it's what happens in March and April that are the real bummers....

Stop feeding the
Troll.jpg

Reaction Score
Missing on Horston is one thing, she did not exactly strike me as a "UConn player" from day 1, but if my gut feeling is right and UConn misses out on 2 kids (Jones to Stanford and Boston to ND) that are the epitome of "UConn players", then we all should be nervous about the future of UConn women's basketball.
We should be very nervous ... UCONN sadly isn’t the powerhouse anymore... the tide is turning and UCONN isn’t appealing to many recruits as we thought. I sadly think Williams and Ono may be the last top recruits UCONN signs in Genos era.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that various posters have this inclination to troll the BY about recruits they have a connection to, and now Mayafan1, on behalf of Horston, has come and gone.

Other than a lack of maturity or common sense, I’m not sure exactly why people do this. Surely their lives cannot be so shallow as to elevate such actions into some sort of Pyrrhic victory. I guess I must be getting too old to appreciate the juvenile nature of such pranks.
I think you are on to something there. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Missing on Horston is one thing, she did not exactly strike me as a "UConn player" from day 1, but if my gut feeling is right and UConn misses out on 2 kids (Jones and Boston) that are the epitome of "UConn players", then we all should be nervous about the future of UConn women's basketball.
Have to disagree very strongly. She was every bit a UCONN type player especially her ability to defend and pass the basketball. Regretfully, she chose TN but let's not diminish what she is/was.

Reaction Score
you ate my words I believe Boston will end up at Notre Dame!!! She really is close with Brunelle and has played with her so much... Notre Dame joined the party late but will win out in the end. Losing Shepard and Turner will give Boston immediate impact and in my opinion could be a starter... Haley is very smart and will end up picking academics and staying home to be a easy brainer. UCONN lands 2 players in this recent class and may just end up signing a one person class for next year... UCONN recruiting is taking a hit and sadly u can’t stay on top with all the other elite programs bringing in classes like that. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but that’s just fact. As a recruit how can u not want to go to a program when I walk into gampel see all the all Americans and the best players to ever play the game on the wall of honor and all those national championship banners and not want to commit to the Huskies... not to mention ball tge success in the WNBA and Olympic and national teams... I just don’t get it. If I was a top recruit I woujd want to go to the best program and be coached by the greatest coach to ever coach men’s or women’s .. Im scratching my head and totally baffled.

luckily the 2020 recruiting class is stacked and UConn should certainly gain commitments from some exceedingly talented players..........if Geno can't bring in a top flight point guard, forward and possibly a big (if no Boston) then UConn really is in trouble............

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Charlie let me try. It's different being a assistant coach. I think since Holly took over. She has learned a lot. More of recruiting the right players not just talent. The talent in the last three classes. Is building a very strong and good team.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree very strongly. She was every bit a UCONN type player especially her ability to defend and pass the basketball. Regretfully, she chose TN but let's not diminish what she is/was.

certainly a "UConn player" talentwise............not so sure she would have been able to work within Geno's system..............from the game videos I watched she was a somewhat undisciplined player on the court up until this past season and I always got the sense she wanted to do things her way..........let's see how things pan out at Tennessee

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
feel badly for you guys...I understand why Horston wasn't willing to do what is needed at UConn but Dawn certainly has the background to teach Horston how to take advantage of her talents as a guard......it's simply beyond me how JH could chose Tennessee over SC
Here we go again! Whenever a player choose not to come to UCONN that was because she was not "willing" , doesn't want to be great, " Not a UCONN type player" Generation whatever, doesn't want to be pushed...... etc.
Good luck Jordan! I will only be cheering for you the next time you suit up for the red white and blue, this summer.

Reaction Score

Have you watched film on her? She hardly ever stays within the system and runs what is drawn up. She constantly ad libs and chooses to dribble penetrate and create one on one vs passing through a defense. Off the floor, when is the last time UConn had a player that made a teaser and then an elaborate video to signal their commitment? Sure, Williams and Walker had ceremonies at school, but nothing even close to what Horston made. She just didn't fit my interpretation of a "UConn player" and that is taking nothing away from how good a basketball player she is. It speaks more as to what type of player she is.

Reaction Score
Charlie let me try. It's different being a assistant coach. I think since Holly took over. She has learned a lot. More of recruiting the right players not just talent. The talent in the last three classes. Is building a very strong and good team.

there's no doubting the accrued talent..............Holly has proven she is a master recruiter..............while the Vols had some good moments last season, more often then not I saw a team that was disorganized on the offensive end which cost the team dearly in the fourth quarter...........with all that talent and more possibly on the way, the time for excuses is over............I assume you are in agreement with that.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
certainly a "UConn player" talentwise..not so sure she would have been able to work within Geno's system....from the game videos I watched she was a somewhat undisciplined player on the court up until this past season and I always got the sense she wanted to do things her way.....let's see how things pan out at Tennessee
She would have worked perfectly within Geno system! In a USA basketball uniform over the past two summers she was extremely disciplined and unselfish enough to lead the team in assist. What she ends up being at TN is TBD, what she has accomplished is not.

Reaction Score
certainly a "UConn player" talentwise..not so sure she would have been able to work within Geno's system....from the game videos I watched she was a somewhat undisciplined player on the court up until this past season and I always got the sense she wanted to do things her way.....let's see how things pan out at Tennessee

Exactly, feel the same way!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UCONN lands 2 players in this recent class and may just end up signing a one person class for next year... UCONN recruiting is taking a hit and sadly u can’t stay on top with all the other elite programs bringing in classes like that. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but that’s just fact.
Ummm, last years class was ranked #2 by Hoopgirls and #3 by Prospect Nation. Not sure how that's a hit. And since this years class is not done yet, not sure how that's a hit either.

I don't think your "facts" are really facts.

Reaction Score
Here we go again! Whenever a player choose not to come to UCONN that was because she was not "willing" , doesn't want to be great, " Not a UCONN type player" Generation whatever, doesn't want to be pushed. etc.
Good luck Jordan! I will only be cheering for you the next time you suit up for the red white and blue, this summer.

you read her quotes on what she was looking for..........she took a U turn which is certainly her right but you gotta scratch your head a little bit with her choice.......

Reaction Score
its not a big deal we didnt get Jordan H because her and A Griffen is like almost the same type of players in fact with Geno being the better coach and more discipline she might become the better player. Also with williams bening ranked #1 last year i still think we in front of everybody else if we get Boston. But good get for the Lady Vols the rebirth of Pat Summit

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that various posters have this inclination to troll the BY about recruits they have a connection to, and now Mayafan1, on behalf of Horston, has come and gone.

Other than a lack of maturity or common sense, I’m not sure exactly why people do this. Surely their lives cannot be so shallow as to elevate such actions into some sort of Pyrrhic victory. I guess I must be getting too old to appreciate the juvenile nature of such pranks.
I think you have made some reasonable points. I am not as sure as you as to the relative depths of their lives. Unfortunately, too many people view every outcome as some binary choice; life should not consist of an endless series of winners and losers. To many people the thrill of winning is only surpassed by their joy in another's loss. The Germans call it Schadenfreude, and it is pernicious. Competition can only exist if one might lose now and again. :(

Reaction Score
luckily the 2020 recruiting class is stacked and UConn should certainly gain commitments from some exceedingly talented players.....if Geno can't bring in a top flight point guard, forward and possibly a big (if no Boston) then UConn really is in trouble..
UCONN is in trouble now!! With what UCONN lost and this season having to rely on 2 freshmen and one injury away it could be devastating. No disrespect but u can’t rely on Irwin, bent, Gordon ... not to mention Coombs how she will come back from her serious condition .. seems to me UCONN is always lacking depth ... his approach isn’t working .. the last 2 seasons it caught up to the team... I really think losing out on Collier with her decommitment and cooling off on Brunelle will come back to hurt UCONN. Sam really wanted UCONN and she would have committed but something happened .. I don’t care what anyone says the girl has game and has the pull to get her friends to follow. The recruiting has changed and sadly u have to change with it or it’s going to be very difficult to stay on top!! To stay on top u have to bring in talent if not u don’t stay on top!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
you read her quotes on what she was looking for.....she took a U turn which is certainly her right but you gotta scratch your head a little bit with her choice..
I scratch my head every time a highly ranked player chooses TN. I did read her quotes as to what she is looking for in a coach. Obviously Holly read them too and convinced her she could provide that.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am excited. Westbrook, Hortson, Zay Green, Massingill. Some serious talent there.
But....

Some serious talent last year. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. In fact, compared to the Diamond years, there's actually less talent. Truthfully, talent has never been an issue in the Holly era, and talent never will be the issue.

Reaction Score
We should be very nervous ... UCONN sadly isn’t the powerhouse anymore... the tide is turning and UCONN isn’t appealing to many recruits as we thought. I sadly think Williams and Ono may be the last top recruits UCONN signs in Genos era.

Gee I'm a pessimist but I think those sentiments might be a bit over the top

Reaction Score
I scratch my head every time a highly ranked player chooses TN. I did read her quotes as to what she is looking for in a coach. Obviously Holly read them too and convinced her she could provide that.

it's those on-line hypnosis classes she's been taking for the past few years..........

Reaction Score

You touched upon it but then discounted it.
Surely their lives ARE so shallow that they resort to such juvenile pranks. If someone had ANYTHING going for them, why would they waste time infiltrating another team's board just to say "you've been trolled" ?
A truly sad commentary of social media in today's world.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And that is clearly Holly's talent. That along with the promise of PT.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think you have made some reasonable points. I am not as sure as you as to the relative depths of their lives. Unfortunately, too many people view every outcome as some binary choice; life should not consist of an endless series of winners and losers. To many people the thrill of winning is only surpassed by their joy in another's loss. The Germans call it Schadenfreude, and it is pernicious. Competition can only exist if one might lose now and again. :(
Well stated. I’ve always felt that the journey was a lot more important than the destination, but maybe that just makes me an outlier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom