Jordan Horston | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

Reaction Score
Why don’t you give Geno a call and tell him he’s making a big mistake? I’m sure he would welcome your input on who he should recruit....:rolleyes:
Come dude, you know I trust Geno. Im just saying I think those girls are solid.

Reaction Score
Kylee Watson and Maddie Burke have been thoroughly evaluated by the UCONN staff-there was no mistake. Ping my inbox if you want to know how I know and the outcome of those evaluations.
I just might do that!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Charlie, in your educated opinion, why has Notre Dame been able to recruit good post players continuously, while UConn has struggled? The last good post player for UConn being Dolson? They had Charli Collier on the hook, but couldn't get her in the boat. What's the rub here?
I fully realize you are asking this question of @Charliebball but wanted to make sure you got a correct answer.
Since Stephanie Dolson graduated (2014) UCONN has had 4 AA post players (Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier) Additionally UCONN has had significant post contributions from Kiah Stokes and Azura Stevens. Since 2014 ND has brought in Reimer, Turner, Shepard & Westbeld as significant post contributors
Just don't see how anyone can conclude that ND is out recruiting UCONN for post players.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Jordan for making a difficult decision that was ultimately right for her! I would have loved to see her as a husky, but I wish her well at UT and beyond. Still, I'm excited that we've signed Aubrey and hopefully we'll land another recruit (or two) before it's all said and done ;)

Moving forward, I hope we can direct our attention and energy to the remaining recruits AND respect those (eg. Jordan, Sam Brunelle, etc) who chose a different path. All of these young women should be proud of their accomplishments and shouldn't be criticized for following their heart/dreams.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are moving the goal post again. Your original post was about "starting" this latest post talks about "significant minutes"-whatever that means. UCONN is the only school in America where Boston would have to earn a starting spot. Cosgrove, Vaughn and Brunelle standing in the way of Boston? Pleaseeeee....

Coco---Son-of-a-gun! You finally defined why Uconn lost these last 2 FF's; M.St and ND were moving the basket--tricky them dang foreigners (Ms St (pretty foreign, Nd not far behind)

Coco, here's the thing; you take what you can get and Boston seems most get-able!! I repeat my comment on Stef Dolson; I'm not sure she "earned" her spot as much as it was she was the only Big Geno had and with Griner in the offing she got PT. Just an opinion, my facts are never anywhere near yours. I'm not about to argue facts with you I just see it a bit different.
I don't know, should Ms Boston arrive in Storrs, if she'd get 40 minutes,30,20 or 5 but it seems pretty certain to me that as the only BIG Big she'd get minutes when it counts ala Stef.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Congrats to Jordan for making a difficult decision that was ultimately right for her! I would have loved to see her as a husky, but I wish her well at UT and beyond. Still, I'm excited that we've signed Aubrey and hopefully we'll land another recruit (or two) before it's all said and done ;)

Moving forward, I hope we can direct our attention and energy on the remaining recruits AND respect those (eg. Jordan, Sam Brunelle, etc) who chose a different path. All of these young women should be proud of their accomplishments and shouldn't be criticized for following their heart/dreams.

"In a world where you can be anything...be KIND"
I want to simultaneously thank you for a wonderful post and chastise you for being tardy to this thread.
As you can probably tell your kind words were badly need starting about post #2 of this thread.

Reaction Score
It’s possible that Uconn will sign 2 players in 2019 Jones and Boston and 2 players in 2020 Van Lith and Brink, I wouldn’t consider that a drop off in recruiting at all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s possible that Uconn will sign 2 players in 2019 Jones and Boston and 2 players in 2020 Van Lith and Brink, I wouldn’t consider that a drop off in recruiting at all.
If UConn signs Jones & Boston that would mean a 3 person class along with Griffin, and that 3 person class would be the top recruiting class in the nation imo.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco---Son-of-a-gun! You finally defined why Uconn lost these last 2 FF's; M.St and ND were moving the basket--tricky them dang foreigners (Ms St (pretty foreign, Nd not far behind)
Coco, here's the thing; you take what you can get and Boston seems most get-able!! I repeat my comment on Stef Dolson; I'm not sure she "earned" her spot as much as it was she was the only Big Geno had and with Griner in the offing she got PT. Just an opinion, my facts are never anywhere near yours. I'm not about to argue facts with you I just see it a bit different.
I don't know, should Ms Boston arrive in Storrs, if she'd get 40 minutes,30,20 or 5 but it seems pretty certain to me that as the only BIG Big she'd get minutes when it counts ala Stef.
3 players from Stef's class were thrown into the fire immediately Samarie, Bria & Stef but the only recruiting related part of that was that the 2009 class was a one player class with Faris. The rest of it was just bad and worse luck. Bad being EDD decided to leave UCONN and worse being Caroline Doty was injured after earning a starting spot.
I fully agree with everyone that Boston is the tough Post presence that UCONN lacks. But what I don't agree with is that Boston walks right into a starting spot. ONO will have a full year on her in the UCONN offense, Batouly will still have remaining eligibility. Remember that Megan walker couldn't crack the regular rotation as a freshmen & Azura Stevens couldn't crack the starting line up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read Jordan's explanation for how she got to Tennessee. They could have her. She is clearly delusional and living in a fantasy world. She would not have done well at UConn and would have left very shortly after arrival. No loss for UConn at all.

We will gladly "have" her. It's amazing how a teenager can get so much flak for making a huge decision that is not easy to do. The process is difficult and stressful and all she has said is that she prayed a lot and mentioned how she loved her UConn visit but just had a different feeling at Tennessee. Seems pretty innocent and she is not the first UConn, Tennessee, ND etc. etc. recruit to mention how their faith assisted them in their decision making process. I'm assuming that is the fantasy you are referring to? I'm not a religious person but I'm not going to knock someone for showcasing that they use their faith or religion in a positive light, such as making a decision on where to spend 4 years of their life.

Truth is she is an amazing basketball player and would've been great anywhere she went. She has been lauded as hard worker by her HS, AAU and USA coaches and has been on two USA teams including one she came out as MVP on a loaded team that included current UConn targets Jones and Boston. Geno certainly though she was worthy of a spot on UConn's roster so your dismissal as "no loss" is quite funny and most certainly salty.

I will happily wish Jones and Boston well no matter where they go because like Horston they are both elite basketball players with big time potential. Just support the young women playing a game so many have worked so hard to help continue to grow... and that obviously includes UConn.

I get the Holly jabs and Tennessee fan base jabs but I really don't get the jabs directed at the recruits/players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We will gladly "have" her. It's amazing how a teenager can get so much flak for making a huge decision that is not easy to do. The process is difficult and stressful and all she has said is that she prayed a lot and mentioned how she loved her UConn visit but just had a different feeling at Tennessee. Seems pretty innocent and she is not the first UConn, Tennessee, ND etc. etc. recruit to mention how their faith assisted them in their decision making process. I'm assuming that is the fantasy you are referring to? I'm not a religious person but I'm not going to knock someone for showcasing that they use their faith or religion in a positive light, such as making a decision on where to spend 4 years of their life.

Truth is she is an amazing basketball player and would've been great anywhere she went. She has been lauded as hard worker by her HS, AAU and USA coaches and has been on two USA teams including one she came out as MVP on a loaded team that included current UConn targets Jones and Boston. Geno certainly though she was worthy of a spot on UConn's roster so your dismissal as "no loss" is quite funny and most certainly salty.

I will happily wish Jones and Boston well no matter where they go because like Horston they are both elite basketball players with big time potential. Just support the young women playing a game so many have worked so hard to help continue to grow... and that obviously includes UConn.

I get the Holly jabs and Tennessee fan base jabs but I really don't get the jabs directed at the recruits/players.

giphy (1).gif

Reaction Score
We will gladly "have" her. It's amazing how a teenager can get so much flak for making a huge decision that is not easy to do....

...I get the Holly jabs and Tennessee fan base jabs but I really don't get the jabs directed at the recruits/players.
This is a UConn board - do the math.

Reaction Score
I want to simultaneously thank you for a wonderful post and chastise you for being tardy to this thread.
As you can probably tell your kind words were badly need starting about post #2 of this thread.
HAHA! Thanks! ;) I was swamped at work today, so I quickly googled the news around 2 pm. After I heard it was UT, I was like "Oh Lord give me the strength to not get distracted and visit the Boneyard right now" lol.

Reaction Score
I fully realize you are asking this question of @Charliebball but wanted to make sure you got a correct answer.
Since Stephanie Dolson graduated (2014) UCONN has had 4 AA post players (Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier) Additionally UCONN has had significant post contributions from Kiah Stokes and Azura Stevens. Since 2014 ND has brought in Reimer, Turner, Shepard & Westbeld as significant post contributors
Just don't see how anyone can conclude that ND is out recruiting UCONN for post players.
Amen.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Have to give credit where it is due. Minimal historical reasons to think this is best spot to develop pro level talent but who knows what the motivating factors were. Give Tenn credit and move on.

Are the Mods giving you a cut?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Amazing indeed. A bit ironic to have a Summiteer coming here to chastise posters about "flak" given to a teenager for making a difficult college decision. And Maya Moore is a pretty religious person too.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stewart wasn't good? Stevens wasn't good? Nelson Ododa isn't good?

Stewart was excellent and Stevens was good, but neither of them were post players. The jury is still out on ONO.
She hasn't played a game yet. I'll get back to you about her at the Christmas break. I need to see a sampling of her in games against some top ranked teams before I can arrive at an intelligent conclusion I can defend.

In a word, I need to see her play with her UConn teammates over a period of 10-12 games first. Even then, I expect her to play like a freshman, and make all of the requisite freshman mistakes. I don't expect her to fully blossom before her junior year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is a UConn board - do the math.

A UConn board that I have frequented over the years and have had many good respectful conversations on regarding all things WCBB. I know a number of posters from way back in the ESPN message board days. I have family that are diehard Husky fans. So I have a different level of respect for the fan base and know most of Husky nation to be respectful and kind and true fans of a sport we all love. Shading a teenager for a perceived notion of "living in a fantasy world" based on a few quotes is something I will always speak out about and a number of your fellow Husky fans have written much to the same sentiment in response to the negativity thrown at a recruit.

On a UConn board anti-Holly and anti-Tennessee things are to be expected but directing insults specifically at recruits and players (often implying they are of lesser character and therefore not UConn material) based on nothing is a bit low. I offer the same reaction on Tennessee boards as well. Actually do it far more often on other message boards.

Good luck to you and your teams remaining targets. I'm a big fan of Boston and Jones and will only wish them the best.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ummm, last years class was ranked #2 by Hoopgirls and #3 by Prospect Nation. Not sure how that's a hit. And since this years class is not done yet, not sure how that's a hit either.

I don't think your "facts" are really facts.
Alternative facts?

Reaction Score
Stewart was excellent and Stevens was good, but neither of them were post players. The jury is still out on ONO.
She hasn't played a game yet. I'll get back to you about her at the Christmas break. I need to see a sampling of games against some top ranked teams before I can arrive at a conclusion I can defend in a debate.

I've seen ONO play quite a bit. She is a finisher and is much stronger than her frame might indicate. You guys got an elite level frontcourt player. Her injury and time off from it might negate how effective she is early on but she'll be fine. She works her tail off and has a great basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
Amazing indeed. A bit ironic to have a Summiteer coming here to chastise posters about "flak" given to a teenager for making a difficult college decision. And Maya Moore is a pretty religious person too.

Not that ironic if you know me. Maya plays for my home state. Got nothing but love for her and have defended her plenty.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've seen ONO play quite a bit. She is a finisher and is much stronger than her frame might indicate. You guys got an elite level frontcourt player. Her injury and time off from it might negate how effective she is early on but she'll be fine. She works her tail off and has a great basketball IQ.

Thanks, that's music to my ears. She's going to be counted on nightly to help our team win games. OJT at its finest. :)

Reaction Score
Kylee Watson and Maddie Burke have been thoroughly evaluated by the UCONN staff-there was no mistake. Ping my inbox if you want to know how I know and the outcome of those evaluations.
Don't bother. This is the same poster who vociferously insisted, 20 times per thread, that Samantha Brunelle is an elite player and heads and shoulders above anyone else in her high school class. Anyone who watched the FIBA U17 tournament would conclude other.

Reaction Score
A UConn board that I have frequented over the years and have had many good respectful conversations on regarding all things WCBB. I know a number of posters from way back in the ESPN message board days. I have family that are diehard Husky fans. So I have a different level of respect for the fan base and know most of Husky nation to be respectful and kind and true fans of a sport we all love. Shading a teenager for a perceived notion of "living in a fantasy world" based on a few quotes is something I will always speak out about and a number of your fellow Husky fans have written much to the same sentiment in response to the negativity thrown at a recruit.

On a UConn board anti-Holly and anti-Tennessee things are to be expected but directing insults specifically at recruits and players (often implying they are of lesser character and therefore not UConn material) based on nothing is a bit low. I offer the same reaction on Tennessee boards as well. Actually do it far more often on other message boards.

Good luck to you and your teams remaining targets. I'm a big fan of Boston and Jones and will only wish them the best.
Gotcha. I don’t care for all the, “She wasn’t our type of player anyway” sentiment about a kid we were all in love with up until 9 AM today. I just meant you should have certain expectations that it’s not all gonna be lovey-dovey, based on where you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom