Jordan Horston | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

Reaction Score
Ahh must not have been around too long. It's been much worse in the past. In fact this is pretty tame comparatively.
I don't doubt that, but it still amazes me how wrapped up some get in the choices of 17 and 18 year olds. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that, but it still amazes me how wrapped up some get in the choices of 17 and 18 year olds. The sun will rise tomorrow.

true but there will be a few extra clouds in the sky.................;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Love your participation on this board and I'm sure the orange nation appreciates it even more but...
Be honest with me isn't this post really a cut and past for the 5 years.
If Mercedes can stay healthy.... she played hurt all of last year-in both feet.
We lost our shot at a FF when Isabelle Harrison went down.
If Diamond can remain injury free.....
If Cooper can get back to her old self....
As long as there's no major injuries.....
Thanks. Well I think this years team. Is the most talented. Team in a few years. I mean overall as a team not just individually.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A little perspective may be in order. After the 04 season, we went thru 05, 06 and 07 without a Final Four appearance let alone a national championship. Geno had to re-tool/ rebuild.

I think its safe to say we are in a little down time similar to those years after 04. The exception is we have made it to the Final Four after winning four in a row with Stewie, Morgan, Moriah and company. It was probably inevitable that this would happen.

Horston is going to the Orange Checkerboard. So be it. Let this all play out. Seems we have 2 really good ones as frosh this year. Griffin is on board. We will be fine.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Notre Dame will have Cosgrove (6'4"), Vaughn (6'3") both posts along with Patterson and Brunelle both at 6'2" up front......UConn will have ONO who may play the four, Irwin and Camara for one year..It would appear that UConn appears to have the weaker front court in terms of numbers.....I can't imagine Boston not earning some significant minutes her freshman year

We know that Geno does not "guarantee" a recruit anything except the opportunity to compete for playing time, but based on your observations, he could suggest to her that she will have the opportunity to earn significant minutes should she choose to join the family.

Reaction Score
We know that Geno does not "guarantee" a recruit anything except the opportunity to compete for playing time, but based on your observations, he could suggest to her that she will have the opportunity to earn significant minutes should she choose to join the family.

exactly...........nobody just comes in and plays without earning it but Boston would be the first big post player UConn has had in some time and clearly she could become the backbone of the entire team

Reaction Score
exactly......nobody just comes in and plays without earning it but Boston would be the first big post player UConn has had in some time and clearly she could become the backbone of the entire team[/QUOTE\
I don't know how many minutes Stef Dolson earned. She was BIG and necessary. It is my opinion (for what it's worth) that she was given the opportunity to LEARN as she went. She was game, worked hard but not the "God given talent" others (on other teams ) had. Geno is pragmatic he adjust his philosophy to fit his needs . We who predict on past performance with Geno can have an awakening. Should Boston choose Uconn she MAY see more time than some would predict. Boston seems to be one that could have a nice future at Uconn.

Reaction Score

there just aren't enough bodies on the team up front as composed next season for her not to get some minutes unless it's Geno's intent to have a down year

Carnac

Reaction Score
there just aren't enough bodies on the team up front as composed next season for her not to get some minutes unless it's Geno's intent to have a down year

As several other posters have commented recently (and I agree), Boston is a MUST get. The landscape of the team changes significantly with her on the roster for the next 4 years.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Notre Dame will have Cosgrove (6'4"), Vaughn (6'3") both posts along with Patterson and Brunelle both at 6'2" up front......UConn will have ONO who may play the four, Irwin and Camara for one year..It would appear that UConn appears to have the weaker front court in terms of numbers.....I can't imagine Boston not earning some significant minutes her freshman year

Charlie, in your educated opinion, why has Notre Dame been able to recruit good post players continuously, while UConn has struggled? The last good “recruited” post player for UConn being Dolson? They had Charli Collier on the hook, but couldn't get her in the boat. What's the rub here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Charlie, in your educated opinion, why has Notre Dame been able to recruit good post players continuously, while UConn has struggled? The last good post player for UConn being Dolson? They had Charli Collier on the hook, but couldn't get her in the boat. What's the rub here?

Stewart wasn't good? Stevens wasn't good? Nelson Ododa isn't good?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How about some actual news:

“When I went out to UConn, I loved my visit,” Horston said Wednesday by phone. “It was nothing that they did wrong. I just felt like I got a different feeling when I went on the Tennessee campus. I prayed a lot every night. I just kept hearing signs that were leading me to Tennessee.”

Horston visited Tennessee in late August and was able to forge a strong relationship with head coach Holly Warlick.

Reaction Score
Charlie, in your educated opinion, why has Notre Dame been able to recruit good post players continuously, while UConn has struggled? The last good post player for UConn being Dolson? They had Charli Collier on the hook, but couldn't get her in the boat. What's the rub here?

Probably more a combination of there not being all that many quality posts, geography keeping some talent home and in the case of Charli Collier who knows.................I'm not so certain that Cosgrove and Vaughn are really all that great...........Vaughn showed a lot of potential before she was injured and Cosgrove was well known to Geno in high school but there seemed to be limited interest..............ONO has far more potential then either of them and though not a traditional low post she has tremendous ability to rebound and block shots........if Boston does come to Storrs the combination of those two up front would be intimidating to say the least...........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is so complicated? When you hear the TN recruits say why they chose TN, they say things like 'I love the environment, its like family, I connected with the coach etc.'. I guess some may reference history??

When a UConn (top) recruit says why they chose UConn, they say I am going there because it is the best place I can go to maximize my skills and improve as a basketball player and reach my potential. Some but not all may add ' win championships'

Reaction Score
What is so complicated? When you hear the TN recruits say why they chose TN, they say things like 'I love the environment, its like family, I connected with the coach etc.'. I guess some may reference history??

When a UConn (top) recruit says why they chose UConn, they say I am going there because it is the best place I can go to maximize my skills and improve as a basketball player and reach my potential. Some but not all may add ' win championships'

perhaps each of them believe that they are going to bring the team back to it's previous glory..............

Reaction Score
2. Replies: 1. I wouldn't have much respect for a new kid not thinking she shall help Uconn back (?) to glory unless they think one lose 3 years in a row is not a glory team??
2, Geno hates to lose and he recruits like kids. The missing link in those 3 loses (above) was a strong bumping REAL post Big. I agree with all the comments you made on Boston the others that Geno really needs (if Geno needs them so do we). I'm not one to drink Geno Lemonade but I'll sip his wine, I don't go along with some of his "beliefs"; but his record is hard to argue against.

Reaction Score
I wish JH the absolute best! Im not a big Boston guy but lets look to the future and who wants to be on our team. Watson, Burke, Van Lithe, bueckers all good..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are moving the goal post again. Your original post was about "starting" this latest post talks about "significant minutes"-whatever that means. UCONN is the only school in America where Boston would have to earn a starting spot. Cosgrove, Vaughn and Brunelle standing in the way of Boston? Pleaseeeee........................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I wish JH the absolute best! Im not a big Boston guy but lets look to the future and who wants to be on our team. Watson, Burke, Van Lithe, bueckers all good..

UConn is no longer involved with Burke and probably not Watson either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Thats a big mistake. Those girls are legit.
Kylee Watson and Maddie Burke have been thoroughly evaluated by the UCONN staff-there was no mistake. Ping my inbox if you want to know how I know and the outcome of those evaluations.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thats a big mistake. Those girls are legit.
Why don’t you give Geno a call and tell him he’s making a big mistake? I’m sure he would welcome your input on who he should recruit....:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom