Jordan Horston | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

Reaction Score
It’s possible that Uconn will sign 2 players in 2019 Jones and Boston and 2 players in 2020 Van Lith and Brink, I wouldn’t consider that a drop off in recruiting at all.
I take it you mean two additional players, or are you kicking Griffin to the curb?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not that ironic if you know me. Maya plays for my home state. Got nothing but love for her and have defended her plenty.

I guess I just missed all those posts you made defending Maya and her mother on the Summitt.

Reaction Score
Gotcha. I don’t care for all the, “She wasn’t our type of player anyway” sentiment about a kid we were all in love with up until 9 AM today. I just meant you should have certain expectations that it’s not all gonna be lovey-dovey, based on where you are.

I think it's OK to question the recruit's decision making in regards to her past statements about what kind of coach/team she was looking for but to make fun of her religious convictions as they relate to her life is clearly out of bounds.........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What she said she wanted in a coach made many think there was no way she would choose Tennessee. However, what some players idea of hard work, motivation, and effort are don't come close to the level of hard work, motivation, and effort required at UConn. Ask Brianna Banks about that. I would be surprised if Horston gets the high level of coaching at UT that she would have gotten at UConn. But it was her decision to make and we have to live with it.

Reaction Score
A UConn board that I have frequented over the years and have had many good respectful conversations on regarding all things WCBB. I know a number of posters from way back in the ESPN message board days. I have family that are diehard Husky fans. So I have a different level of respect for the fan base and know most of Husky nation to be respectful and kind and true fans of a sport we all love. Shading a teenager for a perceived notion of "living in a fantasy world" based on a few quotes is something I will always speak out about and a number of your fellow Husky fans have written much to the same sentiment in response to the negativity thrown at a recruit.

On a UConn board anti-Holly and anti-Tennessee things are to be expected but directing insults specifically at recruits and players (often implying they are of lesser character and therefore not UConn material) based on nothing is a bit low. I offer the same reaction on Tennessee boards as well. Actually do it far more often on other message boards.

Good luck to you and your teams remaining targets. I'm a big fan of Boston and Jones and will only wish them the best.
You all live in a delusional world down there. [ ] My post was not anti Holly or anti Tennessee, just anti delusional people. If she said that Tennessee was a better fit for her, then I believe it. Based on her statements, I still believe that she would not do well at UConn.

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You all live in a delusional world down there. [] My post was not anti Holly or anti Tennessee, just anti delusional people. If she said that Tennessee was a better fit for her, then I believe it. Based on her statements, I still believe that she would not do well at UConn.

@buddy just a reminder of what you actually wrote below.
You wrote this.
You actually called a teen age girl delusional.
You are wrong for that!

I read Jordan's explanation for how she got to Tennessee. They could have her. She is clearly delusional and living in a fantasy world. She would not have done well at UConn and would have left very shortly after arrival. No loss for UConn at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If UConn does whiff on Jones and Boston will it be a class of one or is there some other prospect who might be offered a scholarship?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If UConn does whiff on Jones and Boston will it be a class of one or is there some other prospect who might be offered a scholarship?
Given the timing of some planned visits and signing day it would be very hard for UCONN to recover with quality players capable of making an impacts at UCONN. Leticia Amihere might still be available but who knows. I think UCONN would move on to the 2020 class which some believe to be more talented than the 2019 class.

Reaction Score
@buddy just a reminder of what you actually wrote below.
You wrote this.
You actually called a teen age girl delusional.
You are wrong for that!
Everyone needs to wise up and get real. Decisions need to be based on thorough research, not folly, regardless of the age. Certainly, there was "adult" guidance.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to wise up and get real. Decisions need to be based on thorough research, not folly, regardless of the age. Certainly, there was "adult" guidance.
Of course there was "adult guidance" and it would have been OK for your post to question or even attack the adult guidance being given-BUT YOU DIDN"T. Instead, you called a teenage girl delusional. "Real" enough for you?

Reaction Score
Given the timing of some planned visits and signing day it would be very hard for UCONN to recover with quality players capable of making an impacts at UCONN. Leticia Amihere might still be available but who knows. I think UCONN would move on to the 2020 class which some believe to be more talented than the 2019 class.

Any chance a player like Breanna Beal would wait and see what happens?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well stated. I’ve always felt that the journey was a lot more important than the destination, but maybe that just makes me an outlier.

Actually @oldude it makes you Sean Connery in Outland, an outlander. Old school. Exactly were you should be. I salute you.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Maybe now tennessee can finally beat unranked alabama!!

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Reaction Score
3 players from Stef's class were thrown into the fire immediately Samarie, Bria & Stef but the only recruiting related part of that was that the 2009 class was a one player class with Faris. The rest of it was just bad and worse luck. Bad being EDD decided to leave UCONN and worse being Caroline Doty was injured after earning a starting spot.
I fully agree with everyone that Boston is the tough Post presence that UCONN lacks. But what I don't agree with is that Boston walks right into a starting spot. ONO will have a full year on her in the UCONN offense, Batouly will still have remaining eligibility. Remember that Megan walker couldn't crack the regular rotation as a freshmen & Azura Stevens couldn't crack the starting line up.
I agree because it is hard to believe Boston WILL walk into a starting position. In terms of Stef I'm not sure she walked into a starting job. Samarie Walker was much like Batouly and maybe much better, I haven't REALLY seen Touly play as yet.
Azura wasn't a starter at Uconn even as a Senor Academically apparently Geno had to undo and that is harder than doing from the start
Again, Geno will use what he has and as the need is seen. I.E, the Class of Stef, Samaire, etc.
My discussion was mostly about the speculation of Maybe if the kid has potential and plays and practices hard we could see her in the line up..Starting isn't necessary. Boy is that Speculation!!!! The kid hasn't even accepted an offer and I have her STARTING--I guess this is another one I blew, big time...

Reaction Score
I agree because it is hard to believe Boston WILL walk into a starting position. In terms of Stef I'm not sure she walked into a starting job. Samarie Walker was much like Batouly and maybe much better, I haven't REALLY seen Touly play as yet.
Azura wasn't a starter at Uconn even as a Senor Academically apparently Geno had to undo and that is harder than doing from the start
Again, Geno will use what he has and as the need is seen. I.E, the Class of Stef, Samaire, etc.
My discussion was mostly about the speculation of Maybe if the kid has potential and plays and practices hard we could see her in the line up..Starting isn't necessary. Boy is that Speculation!!!! The kid hasn't even accepted an offer and I have her STARTING--I guess this is another one I blew, big time...

consider who's going to be available in two seasons up front for UConn..................ONO, Irwin, Camara and Walker ..........we know Irwin's limitations, we have no idea which Camara we are going to see and hopefully ONO will have grown into a skinny but still imposing presence..............if Boston is anything close to the player everybody thinks she is(including her work ethic/attitude) I have to think she will see a lot of court time and could absolutely become a starter before too long..........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Doubtful. She's has too many good options to wait. I'm betting on Duke @Dillon77 is betting on Michigan based on her strong academics.

Coco:
I noticed that Duke has now gotten commitments from not one, but two 6'+ guard/wings from the Garden State: Azana Baines, the lefty 6'1" slashing guard from Gloucester Catholic (#65 HG) has joined 6'0" guard Jaida Patrick from Saddle River Day (#58) in committing to Duke for the Class of 2019.

If my memory is correct, Ms. Beal is 6'0" tall, as well. Wonder if there's still room for another player of that ilk/size in Durham. That said, Ms. Beal is the much higher-ranked of the three.

Any of our Dookie friends have any thoughts/insights on this?

Reaction Score
Of course there was "adult guidance" and it would have been OK for your post to question or even attack the adult guidance being given-BUT YOU DIDN"T. Instead, you called a teenage girl delusional. "Real" enough for you?
I stand by my statement.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
While I understand that recruiting can be very emotional for fans, it's shameful that so many posters on here are resorting to attacks and insults towards Coach Warlick, Tennessee, and even Jordan Horston herself. It is purely a case of being a sore loser; be better and more gracious.

From what I recall as Horston was discussed on this board early in the year, UConn and Geno had not even shown interest in her until Shea was spotted at one of her games in February 2018. That is very late in the recruiting game compared to most schools. Horston had taken unofficial visits to several schools in the Fall of 2017, including Tennessee. So, no doubt she had a longer (and obviously stronger) relationship with that coaching staff than UConn's. Sometimes you are late to the party, and it makes a difference to a recruit. With Griffin, the very late scholarship offer wasn't a big deal obviously as UConn had always been her childhood favorite.

Yes, Jordan's recent comments about what she was looking for in a program aren't necessarily in line with the perception most have of Tennessee. But, in recruiting, the decision process is always evolving. Often times, a recruit will provide comments about how important academics are to them, yet they select a school that doesn't quite fit the bill. Scrutinizing all their public comments isn't always worth the effort.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I understand that recruiting can be very emotional for fans, it's shameful that so many posters on here are resorting to attacks and insults towards Coach Warlick, Tennessee, and even Jordan Horston herself. It is purely a case of being a sore loser be better and more gracious.

But, in recruiting, the decision process is always evolving. Often times, a recruit will provide comments about how important academics are to them, yet they select a school that doesn't quite fit the bill. Scrutinizing all their public comments isn't always worth the effort.

Southie nothing personal but we've seen real evidence of the recruiting process always evolving.........................I'd say Charli Collier would be a great example of that...........

Reaction Score
You all live in a delusional world down there. [ ] My post was not anti Holly or anti Tennessee, just anti delusional people. If she said that Tennessee was a better fit for her, then I believe it. Based on her statements, I still believe that she would not do well at UConn.

Like I said, I wouldn't care if you are anti Holly or anti Tennessee. That is to be expected on this board. That had nothing to do with what I criticized.

I'm from Minnesota and live in California so I'm not from "down there." My allegiance to Tennessee is born from respect for Pat and almost 3 decades of having connections to the University. As for the Pat Robertson comment... That may be a fitting comment for a large number of people in this country but I have two degrees in the science field and work in wildlife and conservation so your stereotype of a Tennessee fan is misguided in this instance, and it gave me a good laugh.

I'm not trying to trade personal jabs about intelligence with anyone. I pointed out how I thought people should be better in their reactions to a teenager picking a school they want to educate themselves and play basketball at. That is all. Perhaps I felt the need to defend her because she was getting negative comments directed at her and there was enough of them to illicit a reaction out of her, her mother and Rickea Jackson. I think that is pretty sad that they would have to do that when they should be celebrating and enjoying the relief of the stressful recruiting process being over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom