Jordan Horston | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
there's no doubting the accrued talent....Holly has proven she is a master recruiter....while the Vols had some good moments last season, more often then not I saw a team that was disorganized on the offensive end which cost the team dearly in the fourth quarter......with all that talent and more possibly on the way, the time for excuses is over..I assume you are in agreement with that....
Well last year the team was three expecrienced players and freshman. Freshman have good moments and freshman moments. One thing that was needed was better outside shooting. That seems to be one thing during the off-season that players have focused on.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that various posters have this inclination to troll the BY about recruits they have a connection to, and now Mayafan1, on behalf of Horston, has come and gone.

Other than a lack of maturity or common sense, I’m not sure exactly why people do this. Surely their lives cannot be so shallow as to elevate such actions into some sort of Pyrrhic victory. I guess I must be getting too old to appreciate the juvenile nature of such pranks.
I agree with everything you wrote except for the bolded part.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am excited. Westbrook, Hortson, Zay Green, Massingill. Some serious talent there.
Rennia Davis as a wing offers the most potential of all the TN talent until Horston comes on board.

Reaction Score
No disrespect but seeing her video in my opinion wasn’t UCONN material ... felt like I was watching a music video ... the whole production to me is a total turn off. She obviously has talent and game but watching her video made it clear to me she wasn’t UCONN material ... I’m sure Geno saw something different then we did or he would have stopped recruiting her... but now it’s all about twitter social media posting pics in uniforms and pics of home visits with coaches etc.. I truly believe recruits already know beforehand but love the attention they get and all of that. I’m sure many really don’t know... but u can see from the beginning what its all about... but enough with my posts I’m moving on with this topic. Best of luck to her at Tennessee and she chose Tennessee because it’s the right fit for her and no one else, and may she be successful in everything she does.

Reaction Score
Rennia Davis as a wing offers the most potential of all the TN talent until Horston comes on board.

Davis and Horston actually seem very similar to me physically.............excellent athletes with great length..........

Reaction Score
Well last year the team was three expecrienced players and freshman. Freshman have good moments and freshman moments. One thing that was needed was better outside shooting. That seems to be one thing during the off-season that players have focused on.

perhaps one of these days Holly will get it right ............or the players will just ignore her and win on sheer ability..........not sure what the administration saw to give her an extension other then her recruiting success...........can you imagine a really accomplished head coach with all of that talent? I have a feeling you have............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No disrespect but seeing her video in my opinion wasn’t UCONN material ... felt like I was watching a music video ... the whole production to me is a total turn off. She obviously has talent and game but watching her video made it clear to me she wasn’t UCONN material ... I’m sure Geno saw something different then we did or he would have stopped recruiting her... but now it’s all about twitter social media posting pics in uniforms and pics of home visits with coaches etc.. I truly believe recruits already know beforehand but love the attention they get and all of that. I’m sure many really don’t know... but u can see from the beginning what its all about... but enough with my posts I’m moving on with this topic. Best of luck to her at Tennessee and she chose Tennessee because it’s the right fit for her and no one else, and may she be successful in everything she does.
Which video were you watching?
Since when does being FIBA U17 MVP NOT qualify as UCONN material?

Reaction Score
We should be very nervous ... UCONN sadly isn’t the powerhouse anymore... the tide is turning and UCONN isn’t appealing to many recruits as we thought. I sadly think Williams and Ono may be the last top recruits UCONN signs in Genos era.

2018 - Williams - #1
2017 - Walker - #1
2015 - Samuelson - #1

UConn has gotten 3 of the last 5 #1's in the country... UConn recruiting is doing just fine. Not every top player is going to go to UCoonn

Reaction Score
Good luck to Jordan, maybe she’ll get the Semeka Randall treatment when Tennessee visits Uconn. I still think Baby Uconn will be a Husky, only time will tell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCONN is in trouble now!! With what UCONN lost and this season having to rely on 2 freshmen and one injury away it could be devastating. No disrespect but u can’t rely on Irwin, bent, Gordon ... not to mention Coombs how she will come back from her serious condition .. seems to me UCONN is always lacking depth ... his approach isn’t working .. the last 2 seasons it caught up to the team... I really think losing out on Collier with her decommitment and cooling off on Brunelle will come back to hurt UCONN. Sam really wanted UCONN and she would have committed but something happened .. I don’t care what anyone says the girl has game and has the pull to get her friends to follow. The recruiting has changed and sadly u have to change with it or it’s going to be very difficult to stay on top!! To stay on top u have to bring in talent if not u don’t stay on top!!
You might as well stop saying "No disrespect" because you really don't mean it based on the content of your post. Eg., If UCONN has to rely just on Irwin, Bent, Gordon, & Coombs to win a championship I would agree with you that it's probably not going to happen. The disrespectful part though is that everyone (including you) already knew that so why bring that up? Samantha and Charli aren't going to help UCONN wins championships but the recruits that UCONN brought in last year might. Surely you have heard of then? One of them was even #1 in the class.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
you ate my words I believe Boston will end up at Notre Dame!!! She really is close with Brunelle and has played with her so much... Notre Dame joined the party late but will win out in the end. Losing Shepard and Turner will give Boston immediate impact and in my opinion could be a starter... Haley is very smart and will end up picking academics and staying home to be a easy brainer. UCONN lands 2 players in this recent class and may just end up signing a one person class for next year... UCONN recruiting is taking a hit and sadly u can’t stay on top with all the other elite programs bringing in classes like that. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but that’s just fact. As a recruit how can u not want to go to a program when I walk into gampel see all the all Americans and the best players to ever play the game on the wall of honor and all those national championship banners and not want to commit to the Huskies... not to mention ball tge success in the WNBA and Olympic and national teams... I just don’t get it. If I was a top recruit I woujd want to go to the best program and be coached by the greatest coach to ever coach men’s or women’s .. Im scratching my head and totally baffled.
If both Boston and Jones choose not to attend UConn, as you and TitleTown suggest, who is the second player in this recent class who will end up playing in Storrs?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
perhaps one of these days Holly will get it right ..or the players will just ignore her and win on sheer ability.....not sure what the administration saw to give her an extension other then her recruiting success......can you imagine a really accomplished head coach with all of that talent? I have a feeling you have..
My feelings about this year. As long as there's no major injuries. I think this can be a special year. Westbrook now a experienced PG and talented. Davis has upped her game. . there are more options this year for inside play.

Reaction Score
Hey there: Switching from a new commit to a former Vol, I've either missed the latest on Anastasia Hayes and her next landing spot or there has not been any news. Can you shed any insight? At one time, I'd read that your icon -- Middle Tennessee -- could be in the running. Thanks in advance for any insight.

UCONN!!!!!!!!!..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the LadyVols on a great get!

And congratulations in advance to Jordan on getting to experience first hand the awesome ferocity of a classic UConn beatdown on January 23, 2020.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
UCONN!!!!!!!!!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hah! I actually matched my reply to the wrong poster...I meant to direct that to Middle Tennessee State.

But in regards to those who thought Ohio State might very much be in contention due to the hometown team aspect (and potential to take the team over), I wondered if that was going to happen once Kiersten Bell, a top ranked tall guard/wing who can take over a game in her own right (she was named Player of the year in Ohio twice running) committed to OSU.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Congrats to Jordan.

Im a little embarrassed for some of you!!! Tsk Tsk. It’s a teenage girl who made a choice of where SHE wanted to go to school!! Period!! Wish her well and move on without making yourself or the UCONN fan base look like a bunch of spoiled brats!!! And will Im on a roll—stop with the negative attitudes and doom and gloom. We are UCONN. We have GA and staff. WE will be fine!!!!

Reaction Score
Not sure why some consistently guess based on decisions yet to be made in future. At UConn, talent always determines playing time and there is certainly enough room for multiple players in same or similar positions. Even with two undefeated seasons the past two years and multiple All Americans, another top performer would have received significant playing time and received a lot of national attention.
Perhaps I should have said that Horston "would have to share time with" rather than "would be stuck behind." She might not share your rosy view of such a prospect. As respects taking account of where Paige Bueckers might land, that strikes me as perfectly rational no matter how talented and self-confident you are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom