Jim Calhoun | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this were to occur, my feeling is that Jim Calhoun doesn't owe UConn anything.
Quite the opposite. I would wish him luck

Agreed, but still ... I would rather light myself on fire than see this happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun is not interested in the Boston College job.

I have no idea if Boston College would be interested in Jim Calhoun - I can't imagine they would be.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
To anyone who suddenly felt a clenchening of the butt cheeks over this should just think about two things...JC's health and...BC's lack of hoops success as an ACC outpost will not improve under his watch. He would not be able to start over somewhere else with his rules at his age. And he would not want to just get back into coaching for 2 years. What kid would commit to him?

He's our lifer now.

Reaction Score
I betcha this guy is pumped

Boston-College-Student-Section.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a family member highly placed in the BC administration. He hates Coach Calhoun. Thinks of him as a cheater scumbag. Not going to happen.
Fornicate you you little troll. You don't know anybody of any importance in any walk of life. You just chimed in to call Calhoun a cheating scumbag because you obviously root for a school that got its ass kicked by JC for years.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, as much as it may upset many of us, Jim Calhoun can do whatever he wants to do. By not closing the door to future coaching opportunities when interviewed, he is sending out a message that he could be available. If it would make him happier, then what the heck? I would rather he not, but my preference has no real importance when you get right down to it.

Reaction Score
He's gonna take the job and then sabotage the program.. Destroy them all JC!

What is there to sabotage??

Even the mention of his interest in BC is depressing...

Reaction Score
Fornicate you you little troll. You don't know anybody of any importance in any walk of life. You just chimed in to call Calhoun a cheating scumbag because you obviously root for a school that got its ass kicked by JC for years.

he can hold his head high and look at those academic and revenue-sharing banners hanging in good ol Conte Forum.

Reaction Score
This would be a brilliant move, sneak UConn into the ACC through the backdoor, use BC as a door mat. :)

Reaction Score
I think he would pimp UConn to the ACC I like it to be honest

Reaction Score
First, JC is under contract with UConn for several more years and I believe he is thoroughly enjoying this job to increase donors, build the new training facility, etc. He would have to be bought out, which could happen, but is doubtful for a job at BC.
Second, JC is not a 35 year old guy who has the needed energy for a 10 year, turn-around job at a college he openly said he would never play his team against - ever again.
Third, BC is not serious about hoops and not interested in hiring and paying a big-time coach like Calhoun. There are lots of mediocre, potential candidates available that fit BC's needs much better.
JMO

Reaction Score
Can't blame the writers. They smell smoke, even if there's not a visible flame, and JC is, deliberately or not, keeping this going with his ambiguous answers ...

Duffy: Calhoun said he "can't speculate" if he'd show interest should B.C. reach out to him.

Duffy: Calhoun (cont): "I haven't thought about it..well I shouldn't say that, that would be untrue. I haven't done anything about it."

Duffy: Calhoun (cont): You could say, 'well, say you're never going to coach again.' I'm not going to say that."

Duffy Calhoun: "Someone is speculating, and like I said, I would never say never, and from that it's grown it's own life a little bit."

Reaction Score
BC doesn't have the facilities to be a big time program right now. I can't see Coach going there if he can't attract the top talent. And does he really want to compete directly with KO for the local kids?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Can't blame the writers. They smell smoke, even if there's not a visible flame, and JC is, deliberately or not, keeping this going with his ambiguous answers ...

Duffy: Calhoun said he "can't speculate" if he'd show interest should B.C. reach out to him.

Duffy: Calhoun (cont): "I haven't thought about it..well I shouldn't say that, that would be untrue. I haven't done anything about it."

Duffy: Calhoun (cont): You could say, 'well, say you're never going to coach again.' I'm not going to say that."

Duffy Calhoun: "Someone is speculating, and like I said, I would never say never, and from that it's grown it's own life a little bit."
It's not like I think this'll happen, but he's giving non-denial denials. If he ended up taking the job he could rightfully say he was truthful throughout the process, even while giving the impression he wasn't interested.
That being said, I just don't see it. But what do I know.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
This is all nonsense. BC is interested in Ammaker.
Also Calhoun has no interest in a rebuilding job that pays 950K a year.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is all nonsense. BC is interested in Ammaker.

I just don't think they have any chance. By almost every metric, except TV contract, Harvard is a much better job for Amaker. If I am him, I am waiting for Duke or Stanford to open up.

Reaction Score
Yahoo does this around tourney time every year to drive views up. Goodman is a a Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom