Jim Calhoun | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see UCONN fans having little or no interest in the ACC bottom dweller which is BCU basketball.

Reaction Score
I only quoted the " apparent strong interest "as this is what ESPN writer was reporting. I also debunked the ESPN reporting as highly dubious in its validity. I see BC having littleto no interest in hiring Jim Calhoun as their next Coach, nor believe for a nano second that Jim Calhoun as any " serious interest " in pursuing the opening there. It just demonstrates once again how what we read in the so called mainstream press out of Connecticut that then goes national can have no basis in truth whatsoever, sometimes.
That rumor you mention didn't start out of CT. It is a Yahoo rumor out of NYC.
Dead end job that Amaker will probably pass on.

Reaction Score
Fornicate you you little troll. You don't know anybody of any importance in any walk of life. You just chimed in to call Calhoun a cheating scumbag because you obviously root for a school that got its ass kicked by JC for years.
Who peed in your Cheerios this morning? You don't know me nor my family. What I posted is true. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying this whole topic because I know how upset this relative is that this whole thing is all over the Internet.

Reaction Score
Bruce Pearl was wetting himself calling Calhoun to BCU a "no brainer."

Reaction Score
That rumor you mention didn't start out of CT. It is a Yahoo rumor out of NYC.
Dead end job that Amaker will probably pass on.
Amaker got Harvard Admissions to bend. BC got burned with O' Brien's players where a deal was privately cut to let in players that BC in the past that BC historically would not allow in. That info was leaked out by the Boston Globe and went national.. The school was livid and the commits to these recruits was then rescinded by the school, O' Brien and entire staff fired, and off the staff went to Ohio State. Does this sound like a school that was recently burned that is going to hire Amaker that just got Harvard to bend its Admissions ? It doesn't to me. BC will probably get a new Coach that'll secure players that will graduate and will send them off to well paying jobs, but'll finish near the bottom of the ACC as a tradeoff to that. That BC Coach will then either will get fired, or move up to a factory school like Ohio State if he's moderately successful there at BC. Thats the aftermath result of the O' Brien years. Thats my realistic sense of things anyway at BC.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't think he could issue more of a denial than he already has without suggesting something offensive about BCU itself, and I'm guessing that, despite his feelings, he now understands that further antagonizing the administration of the school that has admittedly blocked our admission to the ACC is not a good thing for UConn.

He's still interested to be involved in the game in some capacity because that's who he is. It isn't that hard to understand if you are or know someone who is passionate about what you/they do for a living, who just happens to be one of the most competitive people on the planet. If he says words to the effect of "I'm interested in anyone but BC," that only stirs the pot. I don't believe he has seriously considered for a second pursuing that job.

Reaction Score
BC rejected Jim Calhoun's interest in Coaching at BC years ago and will do so again. .

Thank you Yawkey. I don't even think there would be a boneyard forum if BC hired Calhoun years ago. So thanks for trying to be Yale while failing to do so both in the classroom and in some years athletically as well.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Francessa was talking about it on the FAN today. Gleefully. Don't know who he hates more, UConn or JC

Reaction Score
In a brief interview with Hearst Connecticut, though, he expanded a bit on his thought process.

“Someone is speculating, and like I said, I would never say never, and from that it’s kind of grown it’s own life a little bit,” Calhoun said. “You could say ‘well, say you’re never going to coach again.’ I’m not going to say that. I haven’t thought about it. I shouldn’t say that; that would be untrue. I haven’t done anything about it. I haven’t talked to anybody. I haven’t asked to talk to anybody. No. ”

Calhoun, 71, added: “I have a lot of friends from Boston that certainly want me to be coach of a school of that nature. I’ve made no plans and I haven’t talked to anybody. I’ve made no plans except to be here in Buffalo and go to the Villanova game.”

http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketball/2014/03/21/report-calhoun-interested-in-b-c-job-or-not/

And this from David Borges of the New Haven Register:

Speaking to him on the phone this afternoon, Calhoun reiterated that "nothing's changed" from his stance last week that he'll "never say never," but has had no conversations with other schools.

“Because it’s my hometown, I can understand why there would be speculation from whoever these 'sources' are," he said. "But nothing’s changed from what I told you guys last week.”

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/03/calhoun-to-boston-college-cant-see-it.html

I'm sure he's overjoyed to be answering all these questions while he's at the NCAA Tournament in Buffalo!

Reaction Score
how long would he coach if he came back?? Its a rebuilding job! this whole thing is madness...not happening. Just more internet nonsense.

Reaction Score
BC, the ACC, and ESPN all want this story out there to make this job look better than it is. if calhoun is interested it brings instant credibility. i think espn realizes the acc needs bc to be relevant.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I have a family member highly placed in the BC administration. He hates Coach Calhoun. Thinks of him as a cheater scumbag. Not going to happen.
If you truly have a relative at BCU, I'm quite sure JC pities him. Only one thing is for sure, your relative is an uninformed idiot!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
FWIW Goodman works for ESPN, not Yahoo Sports, and he went to Arizona, not Syracuse. But I do think Goodman got bad information.

No need to get in the way of some good ol fashioned vitriol...

Reaction Score
Amaker got Harvard Admissions to bend. BC got burned with O' Brien's players where a deal was privately cut to let in players that BC in the past that BC historically would not allow in. That info was leaked out by the Boston Globe and went national.. The school was livid and the commits to these recruits was then rescinded by the school, O' Brien and entire staff fired, and off the staff went to Ohio State. Does this sound like a school that was recently burned that is going to hire Amaker that just got Harvard to bend its Admissions ? It doesn't to me. BC will probably get a new Coach that'll secure players that will graduate and will send them off to well paying jobs, but'll finish near the bottom of the ACC as a tradeoff to that. That BC Coach will then either will get fired, or move up to a factory school like Ohio State if he's moderately successful there at BC. Thats the aftermath result of the O' Brien years. Thats my realistic sense of things anyway at BC.
If that is the case at bcu, then you should get out of the ACC. All bcu is doing is wasting future coaches time and not adding much to it's conference.
BCU has been a bit of a coaches graveyard for football over the past 7-8 years too. We'll see about Addazio.
Meanwhile, stick with hockey. You can't tell me that bcu doesn't bend admission rules for hockey players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who peed in your Cheerios this morning? You don't know me nor my family. What I posted is true. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying this whole topic because I know how upset this relative is that this whole thing is all over the Internet.

Honestly, this relative should be happy. People are actually talking about the BC basketball job.

Reaction Score
Francessa was talking about it on the FAN today. Gleefully. Don't know who he hates more, UConn or JC

He loves JC, I think the glee in his voice is to tweak UConn fans that he can (one sidedly) battle on his show. Lol @ him claiming that he has some source that says there is definitely interest, his source is the same damn garbage ESPN article Goodman wrote, its amazing a guy that full of sh_t can even stay upright to host a show.

Reaction Score
I think this. If BC offered the job to Calhoun, he would take it.

I'll just throw this out there as a possibility of what happened.

BC job opens
Calhoun is interested but does not want to come out and say I want the BC job. He doesn't want to grovel for it. But he wants it known to BC that if BC actually made a decision to talk, he would be interested.

He has someone talk to Katz and get it floated out there that he would be interested if offered. If BC comes out and says no, he could say, well that's fine because I don't really want it. ESPN is saying I want it, but I don't want it. So there.

That fits him not coming out today and publicly saying that he and BC wouldn't be a fit. He could put them down lightly if he wanted to, while still keeping an idea of coaching somewhere else alive. Saying he would wait for the perfect job to open or something like that.

He is a Boston guy and a fighter who loves challenges and lord knows this would be one of the great challenges in the last 20 years of hoops. Not as tough as what he did at UConn but certainly incredibly difficult. The BC bball program is hideous.

In closing, if BC offers he will accept. I still dont' think they will offer though. Thank God.

Reaction Score
This is silly beyond words for too many reasons to list here.
I will say though it would be a hoot for the BC (Beyond Christ) debutantes, their hoity-toity brothers and families to witness more F-bombs flying around Conte Forum than Eagles.

Reaction Score
Thank you Yawkey. I don't even think there would be a boneyard forum if BC hired Calhoun years ago. So thanks for trying to be Yale while failing to do so both in the classroom and in some years athletically as well.
At this point, Yale has better basketball and hockey programs than bc!

Reaction Score
This is such a transparent move by Goodman, it's laughable. The guy does zero homework.

And of course, you are correct. Its just stupidfyingly silly for anyone to write that a coach that once publically stated that he never wants to have his school to ever schedule BC ever again, then turns around and says later that he wants to be "seriously considered " for the Coaching position there at BC. Its nonsense. Calhoun and the Uconn School Administration may not have left on the best of relations, but I highly doubt that JC wants to stick a poke in the eye of the current Uconn school Administration now like this. Goodman didn't do his homework on this. The reporting sounds bogus from the getgo to me. Even BC is not interested in Calhoun for the open position either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits