Jim Calhoun | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Calhoun obviously has something up his sleeve. If he can make BC all nice and happy maybe he can sneak UConn into the ACC...
I don't know, JC would be selling his soul to the devil to get us into the ACC.

Reaction Score
Just when you think ESPN has hit rock bottom they find a way to go even lower. I really dont get their love affair with UConn. Move on.

Reaction Score
let me guess Goodman was starting to write an article about us being eliminated against St Joes Uconn comes back and forces overtime and wins in OT, so now that Uconn won let me make up some crazy oh Calhoun is interested in the BC job thats it.

Reaction Score
So, now the rumors are Jim Calhoun/Steve Pikiell in a coach/coach-in-waiting duo.

Reaction Score
this is some absurd crap here....

Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 3m
Not the first time there have been rumors about Calhoun coming back. Coach in waiting candidate typically assumed to be Steve Pikiell.

Can I make some stuff up too?

Once again:

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 2m
Just talked to Jim Calhoun. He said he isn't looking to get back into coaching. "I haven't talked to anybody about a job." #UConn

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 1m
Calhoun: "I'm not trying to get back into basketball. I'm not seeking a job." #UConn

Reaction Score
I guess it's acceptable for "sports journalists" to make stuff up out of whole cloth now. Not at all surprised it was Goodman either.

Reaction Score
Just heard that Brimah and Purvis are transferring to BC. Wonder why?

Reaction Score
Refuse to believe JC has interest in being a college head coach again. And BC? He could have stayed at UConn if that were the case. Plus I think Pat would kill him before he signed the contract!

Reaction Score
JC wouldn't throw the first pitch out at Yankee Stadium being the big Red Sox fan that he is.

So there is no way he takes the BC job. I think he hates them just as much as the Yankees.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
jeff 'good'man is a hack trying to get attention on an early friday..

if it happens id be shocked … like shocked the world shocked

bc and fespn

Reaction Score
JC has an ego and basketball passion and competitiveness, I have no doubt he would love to butt heads again with boeheim, krzxnzmmdfz and pitino.
And maybe deep down he reasons that infiltrating BC will give his real home a much needed friendly voice in a conference that still holds my ch UConn hostility.
When first asked about his why didn't he just say he had no interest in the BC job? Didn't he just deflect the question?

Reaction Score
These hacks seem to put out these articles every year when we are in the tourney. Just surprise that it wasn't yesterday

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
These hacks seem to put out these articles every year when we are in the tourney. Just surprise that it wasn't yesterday
Honestly. This is such yellow journalism. They should be ashamed of themselves. Goodman belongs at a tabloid.

Reaction Score
Can I make some stuff up too?

Once again:

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 2m
Just talked to Jim Calhoun. He said he isn't looking to get back into coaching. "I haven't talked to anybody about a job." #UConn

Gavin Keefe ‏@GavinKeefe 1m
Calhoun: "I'm not trying to get back into basketball. I'm not seeking a job." #UConn

I agree with you, Alex. This whole topic is baffling.

While I have heard that the reported animosity between JC and BC was always a bit overblown and it has waned considerably over the years, I just cannot fathom why JC would want to get back into coaching.

He is 71 years old. Has had some health issues. He had a legendary career, taking an obscure MBB program to an elite level. He has 3 NC rings. Presumably, he doesn't need the money. What more mountains are left to conquer?? Why would he want to get back into a tough physical grind at this stage in his life?

The BC MBB coaching job IS a good gig for the right coach. However, to get BC MBB back to even where it was before is going to take a lot of work. Could JC be successful there? Absolutely. I just don't understand why he would want it, or any other coaching job, at this stage in his life.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I agree with you, Alex. This whole topic is baffling.

While I have heard that the reported animosity between JC and BC was always a bit overblown and it has waned considerably over the years, I just cannot fathom why JC would want to get back into coaching.

He is 71 years old. Has had some health issues. He had a legendary career, taking an obscure MBB program to an elite level. He has 3 NC rings. Presumably, he doesn't need the money. What more mountains are left to conquer?? Why would he want to get back into a tough physical grind at this stage in his life?

The BC MBB coaching job IS a good gig for the right coach. However, to get BC MBB back to even where it was before is going to take a lot of work. Could JC be successful there? Absolutely. I just don't understand why he would want it, or any other coaching job, at this stage in his life.

I agree with this, completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon