Jim Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and of course Wojo had to get his shot in

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojYahooNBA

As @GoodmanESPN reports, Jim Calhoun is interested in the Boston College job. The interest isn't mutual, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Reaction Score
Calhoun obviously has something up his sleeve. If he can make BC all nice and happy maybe he can sneak UConn into the ACC...

At first, I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...but then I was thinking about it, and if BC is one of the biggest roadblocks for UConn to join the ACC, this would drastically change that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They just talked about it on SportsCenter. This better not happen. I hate BC more than I hate Hitler.
lol - You don't post a lot anymore Dale but when you do it's quality.

There is zero chance of this happening. None.

Reaction Score
If it was anyone other than Goodman breaking this, I might pay attention.

Reaction Score
Effort by the press to make Jimmy look bad.

Like he wants the job and they don't want him.

Mother F'ers.

Reaction Score
Let the rumors begin. Goodman is claiming JC has interest in the BC job. Not buying it.

Link
I have a family member highly placed in the BC administration. He hates Coach Calhoun. Thinks of him as a cheater scumbag. Not going to happen.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
From last week:
David Borges ‏@DaveBorges
Just chatted with Jim Calhoun. Seems to think interview with Andy Katz last night got blown out of proportion.
"I said, ‘(Larry Brown's) my hero, he’s 3 years older, maybe I’ll follow him. Maybe I’ll be his assistant next year
Calhoun on interview: "It was a 22-point game. I got some phone calls after. It was kind of funny.

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant
Talked to Jim Calhoun, "I'm not planning on coaching again," #uconnmen

I doubt Calhoun's changed his mind so quickly. Probably some bull$hit rumblings and Goodman is looking to get his name out. I'll trust Amore over anything Goodman is reporting. Goodman is a piece of garbage.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I believe Wojo. He covered UConn for the Courant and helped break the Yahoo story about Mile. He does not like Calhoun and has no vested interest in quashing a rumor that put's UConn's fans on edge.

Calhoun, who is the special assistant to UConn athletic director Warde Manuel, told ESPN last week that he is in good health and reiterated that he would not rule out a return to coaching. When reached for comment on Friday morning, Calhoun declined to talk specifically about any interest in the BC job. However, he did not rule out his interest in returning to the sidelines.
"I would not be opposed to talking to anyone about basketball," Calhoun said.

Is it possible that these "separate" comments are actually one in the same? After all, he was interviewed by Andy Katz last Friday during the Cinci game and said the same thing word for word (IIRC).

Reaction Score
It may be that his interest has to do with recommending someone for the job. I doubt, given his health issues, that he would want to be coaching again.

Reaction Score
On one hand, I want Calhoun to hold a press conference today and be like ..."BC??? duck them!"

but deep down i know that wont be good

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It felt like a shot in the gut when I heard it right before lunchtime.

I can see him wanting to get back into coaching but I don't know if he'd take a job that would take three to four years to build as I don't see him lasting more than five or six years. If he had a pet former player or assistant who he wanted to set up this would make sense but if he does get back into the game it won't be for the eleventh or twelfth position in the ACC for his first couple of seasons.

Reaction Score
Folks, they pay him millions. He could seriously beef up his foundation. I begrudge no one willing to work a job. Conversely this would suck.

Reaction Score
At first, I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...but then I was thinking about it, and if BC is one of the biggest roadblocks for UConn to join the ACC, this would drastically change that.

Come on now. Do people actually believe that JC coaching BC would in any way help UConn get into the ACC? In real life?

These are jokes right?

Reaction Score
I believe woj. But at the same time, calhoun shut down Woj pretty recently, specifically about KO & the League. Theres no way he is tapped into calhouns inner circle.

Reaction Score
Insane troll attempt by Goodman? Jerry meyer can sit down after the kasongo saga.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Would prefer the players and Ollie not be besieged with questions on this non-issue for the next day and a half, but probably inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom