Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation

Reaction Score
Listen, I get what you are saying and, IF Miller is the sole guilty person and IF Ollie fired him for it THEN he escapes this clean. But that is it. Pretty much every other scenario leaves Ollie soiled to some degree.

If Ollie was aware of Miller doing something against NCAA rules and didn't report it that is considered worse than the actual offense.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets any penalty out of this I for one will be teed off considering that UNC had fake classes and not a damn thing happened to them.

If this is St.John's, they can pound sand as the family wanted Wilson out of the city.
l. But, You have no idea what THIS actually is.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hard to believe the NCAA has time to do over 100 hours of interviews already if there's nothing to it. Wilson's recruitment has been mentioned as a possible trigger, if St. John's wanted to hit back, but the clarification said something about three players. Who would they be?
How much time did they devote to trying to prove Boatright's recruitment wasn't on the up-and-up?

Reaction Score
Hard to believe the NCAA has time to do over 100 hours of interviews already if there's nothing to it. Wilson's recruitment has been mentioned as a possible trigger, if St. John's wanted to hit back, but the clarification said something about three players. Who would they be?
They probably conducted a two question interview for UNC and that was all.

Reaction Score
Jacobs clarification - the dude knows nothing.
To summarize yesterday:
  • Someone on UConn’s side tells Jacobs that the men’s program is being investigated
  • Jacobs drops NCAA investigation bombshell
  • People grill Jacobs with tons of questions (understandably)
  • Jacobs starts releasing more tidbits of info
  • People speculate on what the punishment will be
  • Meanwhile Jacobs couldn’t give any insight as to what the actual violations were
Seems like Jacobs was kind of in over his head. He had a huge headline, but not enough background to satisfy readers. Hence the panic that we’re seeing in its wake.

I’m operating under the assumption we leaked it in hopes to get out of the buyout, but as to the severity of the violations, we have 0 clue. I’ve asked around, and nobody I talked to knows yet. So it’s fine to be nervous, but as annoying as it is, we have to be patient.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hearing that the NCAA has conducted 100+ hours of interviews makes me very, very nervous. Is it normal for them to put in that much effort for something minor? Did they spend that much manpower on the Boatright investigation?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Hearing that the NCAA has conducted 100+ hours of interviews makes me very, very nervous. Is it normal for them to put in that much effort for something minor? Did they spend that much manpower on the Boatright investigation?
They went after Boat twice, the second looking into his mother's bank records because a family friend (Derrick Rose's brother Reggie) gave her money to buy Christmas gifts for her kids.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
See my earlier response:

Not sure how I missed that. And with Boatright, even though he was ultimately deemed eligible there was definitely some fire to that smoke, since he had a few flights and hotel rooms paid for by Reggie Rose (although IIRC, it was his relationship with the Boatright family predating Ryan's basketball career that saved him there).

I'm sure more info will come out in the next few weeks. I'm certainly not optimistic, although if Emmert goes down for this MSU scandal then I'll feel a lot better about our chances.

Reaction Score
To summarize yesterday:
  • Someone on UConn’s side tells Jacobs that the men’s program is being investigated
  • Jacobs drops NCAA investigation bombshell
  • People grill Jacobs with tons of questions (understandably)
  • Jacobs starts releasing more tidbits of info
  • People speculate on what the punishment will be
  • Meanwhile Jacobs couldn’t give any insight as to what the actual violations were
Seems like Jacobs was kind of in over his head. He had a huge headline, but not enough background to satisfy readers. Hence the panic that we’re seeing in its wake.

I’m operating under the assumption we leaked it in hopes to get out of the buyout, but as to the severity of the violations, we have 0 clue. I’ve asked around, and nobody I talked to knows yet. So it’s fine to be nervous, but as annoying as it is, we have to be patient.
What worries me is now that MSU/Emmert are in the headlines, how long could we potentially be talking before this is over with?

Reaction Score
I hear you. But if Emmert gets taken down by this, then I’ll wait however long we have to. That guy is a disgrace.
Agreed. But selfishly thinking of UConn and how desirable of a gig it’ll be to Hurley if there’s an investigation looming over us.

C

Chief00

Beware of transfers and never do anything to close the deal unless you have a deal OR else they go elsewhere and have no loyalty

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Beware of transfers

@Chief00 - I generally like your obversations on the games, and can engage in real basketball conversations with you, unlike half this board, but you bring the heat on yourself with these constant generic statements that you will point back to later on as”I told you so”. We’re all dying for inside info, if you have some, share it

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Beware of transfers
If this is due to land Onuorah and Anderson, wow.

It would make us similar to the guy who bought the Eiffel Tower after World War One.

Reaction Score
If this is due to land Onuorah and Anderson, wow.

It would make us similar to the guy who bought the Eiffel Tower after World War One.
Funny especially being from ivy or Ivy League-esque schools. High demand for those recruits.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The ultimate faux insider comment.

Wow might one of the three players transferred in, transferred out or been looking to transfer from another institution.

You can’t get this quality just anywhere.

And if it's not one of them, then I'm sure at least one player is going to transfer out after the season is over, and I'm sure that'll be what his post meant.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, which is why these things take for--ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom