Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation

Reaction Score
Mods feel free to merge this into the other investigation thread, but figured I would just start a new thread to make sure that people would see this tweet.

Jeff Jacobs@jeffjacobs123
To be clear: NCAA mandated schools to conduct an internal review last fall after FBI BB bribery scandal. I have no evidence and have been told UConn did not self-report to NCAA. Been a told this NCAA inquiry into UConn BB, however it was initiated, is separate. That's what I know
12:24 PM - Jan 26, 2018

Reaction Score
Interesting that it's not self reported after we conducted an internal review and Herbst publicly stated we are clean. Maybe it's nothing at all

Reaction Score
In his article Jacobs says over & and over & and over "he knows nothing" other than the NCAA made an inquiry. He heard from 2 sources it was recruiting related but he had no other info.

His article should have been about 2 sentences but he brought up all this external & context hyperbole to lengthen the article I guess.

So all we know is that NCAA inquired about something to UConn................can you even call that an investigation?

I really wish UConn would just clear the air on this as to the nature of the inquiry good or bad.

Reaction Score
In his article Jacobs says over & and over & and over "he knows nothing" other than the NCAA made an inquiry. He heard from 2 sources it was recruiting related but he had no other info.

His article should have been about 2 sentences but he brought up all this external & context hyperbole to lengthen the article I guess.

So all we know is that NCAA inquired about something to UConn......can you even call that an investigation?

I really wish UConn would just clear the air on this as to the nature of the inquiry good or bad.

well.....jacob's is getting his hit/clicks for his new newspaper

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
My newest theory is Sid got some $$$ to go to St Johns then he changed his mind and flipped to UConn, so St Johns told the NCAA that they paid him but since he is going to UConn we are the ones that will get punished

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs@jeffjacobs123
To be clear: NCAA mandated schools to conduct an internal review last fall after FBI BB bribery scandal. I have no evidence and have been told UConn did not self-report to NCAA. Been a told this NCAA inquiry into UConn BB, however it was initiated, is separate. That's what I know
12:24 PM - Jan 26, 2018

That’s all I need to know Jeffy.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
My newest theory is Sid got some $$$ to go to St Johns then he changed his mind and flipped to UConn, so St Johns told the NCAA that they paid him but since he is going to UConn we are the ones that will get punished

For UConn to be punished as a result of that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

So chances are pretty good that that's what will happen lol.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Whatever it is, it's becoming increasingly hard on fans to emotionally invest in this program. Just too much drama on a weekly basis since the APR stuff. We can't keep players or keep them healthy and now more of this stuff. The usually cool and patient "Horatio" profile is aggravated.

Reaction Score
I believe we should all watch channel 3 news tonight I’m sure they will answer some answers. Wouldn’t be shocked if next week we hear more.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you’re thinking you’re going to be the first guy to make the “some other school cheated so the NCAA will punish UConn joke”, you’re not.

You’re about the 27,000th, so don’t.

What we know...the NCAA has opened up an inquiry. UConn has not received a notice of allegation.

According to Hearst, it’s not related to the FBI deal and the FBI has not contacted UConn. UConn did the self-investigation as per the NCAA directive and the law firm hired to do it has been retained for this matter. However, it looks like that investigation did not come up with anything - whatever the NCAA is looking into, it came from outside the university. It was not self-reported.

It’s not worth worrying about until it’s worth worrying about.

I do not want to start any speculation, but I had a dream last night that a guy named Schmance Schmackson, Sr. called the NCAA and using a French accent, he accused UConn of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.

Reaction Score
UConn Confirms Investigation Of Men's Basketball Team Following Allegations
Sources told The Courant the NCAA has already conducted roughly 100 hours of interviews with coaches, players and staffers, past and present, and other outside individuals. Those interviews have picked up in pace over the last week or so, and the inquiry includes the recruitment of at least three players, though not necessarily players who eventually came to UConn. The NCAA, which has not responded to a request for comment, compels interviewees not to comment.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Sources told The Courant the NCAA has already conducted roughly 100 hours of interviews with coaches, players and staffers, past and present, and other outside individuals. Those interviews have picked up in pace over the last week or so, and the inquiry includes the recruitment of at least three players, though not necessarily players who eventually came to UConn. The NCAA, which has not responded to a request for comment, compels interviewees not to comment.

Yeah so this doesnt sound great.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Okay, now it’s worth worrying about.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Here is my newest theory:

Ollie realized we had to cheat to play w/ the big boys.

Reaction Score
Sure looks like we'll have our cause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom