Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Beware of transfers and never do anything to close the deal unless you have a deal OR else they go elsewhere and have no loyalty
How much money did you give Diallo?

C

Chief00

Hearing that the NCAA has conducted 100+ hours of interviews makes me very, very nervous. Is it normal for them to put in that much effort for something minor? Did they spend that much manpower on the Boatright investigation?
The guidelines are if it’s UConn related, they put in time to please their boss! That SEC law firm must be scratching their heads - it never works that way with SEC football schools.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guidelines are if it’s UConn related, they put in time to please their boss! That SEC law firm must be scratching their heads - it never works that way with SEC football schools.
So @Chief00, does Ollie make it through the rest of the season?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if it was involving Waters, Diallo, Heron and Bamba.
I have my own theory but I don't see the point in speculating in a post. We'll know when we know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To summarize yesterday:
  • Someone on UConn’s side tells Jacobs that the men’s program is being investigated
  • Jacobs drops NCAA investigation bombshell
  • People grill Jacobs with tons of questions (understandably)
  • Jacobs starts releasing more tidbits of info
  • People speculate on what the punishment will be
  • Meanwhile Jacobs couldn’t give any insight as to what the actual violations were
Seems like Jacobs was kind of in over his head. He had a huge headline, but not enough background to satisfy readers. Hence the panic that we’re seeing in its wake.

I’m operating under the assumption we leaked it in hopes to get out of the buyout, but as to the severity of the violations, we have 0 clue. I’ve asked around, and nobody I talked to knows yet. So it’s fine to be nervous, but as annoying as it is, we have to be patient.
Jeff was given the info and not told to keep it confidential. No one does that without the expectation that it will be published. He didn't have a lot of info mind you, but he had enough to publish. Hard to make him the villain in all this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jeff was given the info and not told to keep it confidential. No one does that without the expectation that it will be published. He didn't have a lot of info mind you, but he had enough to publish. Hard to make him the villain in all this.

He found out UConn was under investigation. He reported it.

Not sure what the complaint would be there.

If there are villains in this, it’s the Apple Dumpling Gang in Storrs.

They’re making $4,000,000 a year to destroy our basketball program.

C

Chief00

Time will tell - regardless of what happens there needs to be a concerted effort by somebody to hold together a team - both existing and incoming.

At some point, if it’s thought a punishment is forthcoming, voluntarily ban ourselves from this post season before it’s not possible to go. This would be better for recruiting.

Keep focus on Blaze strategy - which avoids the pitfalls of the past.

Reaction Score
He found out UConn was under investigation. He reported it.

Not sure what the complaint would be there.

If there are villains in this, it’s the Apple Dumpling Gang in Storrs.

They’re making $4,000,000 a year to destroy our basketball program.

vncZ8J3.gif

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s a villain at all. I think he just passed on whatever he was told. My point was that we don’t know what the extent of any wrongdoing was, or therefore what the punishment would be.

C

Chief00

I don’t think he’s a villain at all. I think he just passed on whatever he was told. My point was that we don’t know what the extent of any wrongdoing was, or therefore what the punishment would be.

Wrong Doing - To bad it wasn’t promising recruits fake classes.

Reaction Score
“Just cause” can void KO’s contract. If one of KO’s assistants violated recruiting then because it’s his program UConn might argue it’s under the umbrella. And really after the last round of things that happened with recruiting, APR and Nate Miles there should be no question about how to do things by the rules.

Reaction Score
“Just cause” can void KO’s contract. If one of KO’s assistants violated recruiting then because it’s his program UConn might argue it’s under the umbrella. And really after the last round of things that happened with recruiting, APR and Nate Miles there should be no question about how to do things by the rules.
Firing KO is now more probable but finding a replacement is going to be harder.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If this is just the background investigation for the Adidas cases, then Jacobs should be thrown into Long Island Sound. The only thing confirmed is that the NCAA is asking questions. Questions you can ask every program in D1. Please ask Alabama and Auburn how the managed to get actual basketball players to enroll.

How about a shallow dive on Kentucky, Duke and UNC, that's about all it would take.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I’m hearing Anderson and Onuorah may leave at the end of the season.

Plot twist - they're here as secret agents to report on all of our dirt from the inside.

Reaction Score
Time will tell - regardless of what happens there needs to be a concerted effort by somebody to hold together a team - both existing and incoming.

At some point, if it’s thought a punishment is forthcoming, voluntarily ban ourselves from this post season before it’s not possible to go. This would be better for recruiting.

Keep focus on Blaze strategy - which avoids the pitfalls of the past.
Actually a great idea Chief. Then if guilty of a violation we maybe lose a scholarship. Done and done. There is no downside to this. Wait, I forgot something. KO thinks we’re going to win the whole shebang THIS year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Actually a great idea Chief. Then if guilty of a violation we maybe lose a scholarship. Done and done. There is no downside to this. Wait, I forgot something. KO thinks we’re going to win the whole shebang THIS year.
He's going to sail the rat-less sinking ship all the way to the title.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I have my own theory but I don't see the point in speculating in a post. We'll know when we know.

Why not? Feel free to speculate away. Your speculation is no better or worse than anybody elses! :confused:

Reaction Score
Firing KO is now more probable but finding a replacement is going to be harder.
I think it's more than probable now. I think it's a near certainty.

I simply don't know how you keep him. So we suck on the court AND get an NCAA investigation? He is just too toxic. Blow it all up and start over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom