Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation

Reaction Score
In another post meant to celebrate the SMU win I saw this for the first time and I saw one of us gleefully posting "now we will have cause." The next thing we will read is "Ollie sucks. He can't recruit at all." Like it is easy to do in the AAC, while the fan base is in mutiny feeding the competition the "Ollie is out" story line and even those who are not avowed negative nancys are ready to pronounce him dirty without before they know the specific allegations. Hope you are more thoughtful in your personal and professional lives.
Listen, I get what you are saying and, IF Miller is the sole guilty person and IF Ollie fired him for it THEN he escapes this clean. But that is it. Pretty much every other scenario leaves Ollie soiled to some degree.

Reaction Score
Well if this is serious - it’s over for the foreseeable future. Amazing what a totally incompetent disaster this state is.

Reaction Score
im pissed off and want answers. What is happening at UConn is one of the worst disasters in sports history.

Also, not to call out Chief and all those with inside info, but no one on here is a reliable “source” if you don’t have info on this situation.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
If they were winning more, you'd live with the drama.

Because Calhoun's era had a lot more drama than this.
Good points but I doubt the drama was this thick and its impossible to have this many negative situations and "rebuild" at the same time.

Reaction Score
This is what he gets for taking your advice...
the wrong program cheated. I've been telling you for a while and I posted in a thread a few weeks ago but if this was football being caught I'd be 100% fine with it

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Oh, but what about Kirk King, Ricky Moore, Khalid El-Amin, Ben Gordon, AJ Price, Marcus Williams, Nate Miles, Doug Wrenn, Curtis Kelly, Jerome Dyson, APR... there was a ton of drama.
true . But that stuff never made me feel like the program was dangling by a very thin thread and " OMG , it's over". Different climate , different drama. The closest incident for me was the Nate Miles stuff right before the championship game. I was nervous about that.

Reaction Score
the wrong program cheated. I've been telling you for a while and I posted in a thread a few weeks ago but if this was football being caught I'd be 100% fine with it
Cheating is a badge of honor in football.

Reaction Score
true . But that stuff never made me feel like the program was dangling by a very thin thread and " OMG , it's over". Different climate , different drama. The closest incident for me was the Nate Miles stuff right before the championship game. I was nervous about that.

Because they were winning!

C

Chief00

Even fake classes are nothing.

Ok - I will take the bait. It’s interesting a law firm that traffics in SEC athletics apparently discovered nothing. Nothing rose to hit their radar screen considering the stuff they usually see. Emmert is holding us to a standard that can only be explained as revenge.

C

Chief00

im pissed off and want answers. What is happening at UConn is one of the worst disasters in sports history.

Also, not to call out Chief and all those with inside info, but no one on here is a reliable “source” if you don’t have info on this situation.

Hold the phone - who called out the “cause” scenario on Sunday beating Jacobs by 4 days.

Reaction Score
Oh, but what about Kirk King, Ricky Moore, Khalid El-Amin, Ben Gordon, AJ Price, Marcus Williams, Nate Miles, Doug Wrenn, Curtis Kelly, Jerome Dyson, APR... there was a ton of drama.
That occured over how many years? If you are going to compare Ollie to Calhoun, at least TRY to be honest.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Come on cheating is the SEC way and has been for years.

I wish we would drop our standards a little bit in football, but that's just me I guess.

Reaction Score
Interesting that it's not self reported after we conducted an internal review and Herbst publicly stated we are clean. Maybe it's nothing at all

Hard to believe the NCAA has time to do over 100 hours of interviews already if there's nothing to it. Wilson's recruitment has been mentioned as a possible trigger, if St. John's wanted to hit back, but the clarification said something about three players. Who would they be?

Reaction Score
Because Herbst has really had her pulse on this whole athletics thing.

Hey, don't get on Suzie's case. She has a hard enough time keeping her hair looking clean and neat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom