Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs clarification on NCAA investigation

Reaction Score
If. The .NCAA initiated it that means Emmett is involved and that gives me schwetty balls. He has turned out to be one of the most incompetent and vindictive SOBs ever.

If indeed SJU initiated this then they are more feeble than originally imagined.

Reaction Score
Whatever it is, it's becoming increasingly hard on fans to emotionally invest in this program. Just too much drama on a weekly basis since the APR stuff. We can't keep players or keep them healthy and now more of this stuff. The usually cool and patient "Horatio" profile is aggravated.

If they were winning more, you'd live with the drama.

Because Calhoun's era had a lot more drama than this.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if it was involving Waters, Diallo, Heron and Bamba.

Reaction Score
If UConn had to cheat to put together this roster then we are in worse shape athletically then I had thought. It also points to the fact that in addition to not being very good a basketball, we are not very good at cheating.

Not everyone has what it takes to coach, whatever, so be it. But if he was taking shortcuts in recruiting (the escalator) I'm going to be livid.

Reaction Score
UConn Confirms Investigation Of Men's Basketball Team Following Allegations
Sources told The Courant the NCAA has already conducted roughly 100 hours of interviews with coaches, players and staffers, past and present, and other outside individuals. Those interviews have picked up in pace over the last week or so, and the inquiry includes the recruitment of at least three players, though not necessarily players who eventually came to UConn. The NCAA, which has not responded to a request for comment, compels interviewees not to comment.
So does the investigation include the other programs?

Reaction Score
Then why would they be investigating UConn?
Due diligence would make them investigate all the schools that the players were recruited by. We could be part of a wider investigation. That's why I asked if the investigation includes other programs. Are we the center of the investigation?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If UConn gets any penalty out of this I for one will be teed off considering that UNC had fake classes and not a damn thing happened to them.

If this is St.John's, they can pound sand as the family wanted Wilson out of the city.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
What sucks is this won't be resolved for a very long time, and until then the speculation is only going to get worse

Reaction Score
What sucks is this won't be resolved for a very long time, and until then the speculation is only going to get worse

It's UConn, the big NCAA FF boss has them working weekends to screw us by Monday on this one. He said to everyone "I don't care if they actually go to their classes and take their own tests at UConn, they are going down. Turn over every stone I want my revenge on Jim Calhoun. Do not leave this office for anything until we find a reason to nail them"

Reaction Score
And apparently anyone who has been interviewed cannot comment? So if they interviewed everyone associated with the program we are going to get absolutely no info?

Reaction Score
UConn Confirms Investigation Of Men's Basketball Team Following Allegations
Sources told The Courant the NCAA has already conducted roughly 100 hours of interviews with coaches, players and staffers, past and present, and other outside individuals. Those interviews have picked up in pace over the last week or so, and the inquiry includes the recruitment of at least three players, though not necessarily players who eventually came to UConn. The NCAA, which has not responded to a request for comment, compels interviewees not to comment.
So we cheated and still couldn't land the kids?!?!?! Bwahahahahaha at the Ollie supporters. This trainwreck is so bad it's comical!!!!

Reaction Score
In another post meant to celebrate the SMU win I saw this for the first time and I saw one of us gleefully posting "now we will have cause." The next thing we will read is "Ollie sucks. He can't recruit at all." Like it is easy to do in the AAC, while the fan base is in mutiny feeding the competition the "Ollie is out" story line and even those who are not avowed negative nancys are ready to pronounce him dirty before they know the specific allegations. Hope you are more thoughtful in your personal and professional lives.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Bingo.

If they drag this on for a while, even if nothing is found and no sanctions are issued, the damage will be severe. We won't be able to properly recruit, we won't be able to run a legitimate search for a new coach (if that was the direction we were planning this spring) and we won't be able to market our product to our diminishing fan base.

It's like the McCarthy/House on un-American activities hearings. If you were accused you were finished, regardless of the truth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom