Javonte Brown enters transfer portal | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown enters transfer portal

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Javonte Brown Ferguson but my god this timing is horrible. Like kid just play out the season they will give you the year back. We’re in the middle of a road trip and starting to put together some conference wins. We don’t need any distractions and unnecessary changes right now. Selfish tbh.

Reaction Score
That's my thinking too, I'm a lot more concerned with our wing shooting/scoring next year than our big men
I agree. Think this is the real concern. With the potential for Polley AND Bouk leaving, where does the shooting come from? Hawkins is supposedly a good shooter, but that’s all we would have. Samson might be a Deandre Daniels like shooter too but that’s an unknown.

Reaction Score
isn’t cole, martin and adams back? i think we got shooters

one of these cats is gonna be vital or polley

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh wow. Did not expect this. Wish him the best. I understand though as he was not going to see much time on the court this year and was really going to be deep on the bench next season with Sampson coming in and another year of eligiibility for our bigs.

Reaction Score
I mentioned I was worried about this over the summer and was killed on the board. First thoughts are that I would prefer if he stayed. Any transfers is a semi bad look but hopefully we fill his spot with a transfer who can score next year. That’s our biggest need in my opinion. Either way this doesn’t potentially hurt us on the court for at least two years and there’s plenty of time to fill his spot.

Reaction Score
It’s not selfish at all for the kid to make this decision now. He’s 18 years old, he was mostly recruited by a coach who has left the program so I am sure he and his family expected Kenya to be here.

One thing I noticed the other night during the comeback was how much he was into the Polley run, the whole comeback. I took note of the kid, who wasn’t playing much at all, but was very much celebrating as a member of the team. He seemed happy to be a Husky for sure. On a positive note he made some friends and enjoyed his short stay just wants to go where PT is more available who can blame him. It could also tell you that of he and Springs who will fight each other to carve out minutes, he’s potentially getting beat up by Richie too?! Who knows could be rumors of the seniors staying no matter I wish the young man the best. Hope he finds the right fit and makes himself a player we talk about here at a later date!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
isn’t cole, martin and adams back? i think we got shooters

one of these cats is gonna be vital or polley

Martin’s a shooter? Have you watched any games this year?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
That line should be mentioned by every coach each time they talk to a recruit and family for the first time within the first two minutes.
Yet rarely happens.

Reaction Score
We all knew this was going to happen with one our newcomers. It is good problem when a four star recruit can not find playing time.

Reaction Score
What do you think he should say? Kids transfer all the time. I made different decisions when I was 18 then I do now.
Your right she should have said that this is the role a coach should take here......

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Javonte Brown Ferguson but my god this timing is horrible. Like kid just play out the season they will give you the year back. We’re in the middle of a road trip and starting to put together some conference wins. We don’t need any distractions and unnecessary changes right now. Selfish tbh.
Sarcasm? If he’s not comfortable he should find his way to a campus that suits his needs as soon as he possibly can. There’s no reason to overthink any of this or criticize Brown’s decision. Best of luck. I think three/four years from now he will be a beast.

Reaction Score
It was already mentioned but I agree that the sanogo commitment probably bothered him more than the seniors. Sanogo was already an example of him being recruited over in a sense.
I hate the term "recruited over". It makes no logical sense. So should a coaching staff only recruit 1 player at every position? Or should the coaching staff make sure they only recruit players who aren't good and could never in any imaginable circumstance play over someone who is already on the roster or committed to the school?

What I hate is players who don't have the competitive nature to try to get better and fight for playing time. Whaley could have left 2 years ago. He took the challenge and now he's starting. I'd much rather have a roster full of those type of kids.

Reaction Score
I hate the term "recruited over". It makes no logical sense. So should a coaching staff only recruit 1 player at every position? Or should the coaching staff make sure they only recruit players who aren't good and could never in any imaginable circumstance play over someone who is already on the roster or committed to the school?

What I hate is players who don't have the competitive nature to try to get better and fight for playing time. Whaley could have left 2 years ago. He took the challenge and now he's starting. I'd much rather have a roster full of those type of kids.
Exactly. Every team has 13 scholarships and multiple players at every position and there is competition for playing time. It's not like we are Kentucky or Duke bringing in a new cast of McD's all americans every year.

Reaction Score
Maryland is another possible landing spot... I believe he played part of high school in Baltimore... Terps need a lot of help at the 5.. absolutely getting crushed this year in the Big X...

Reaction Score

However you feel about the term is fine, if I’m a center and I commit to a school and then they take another center that they are thrilled to get and he’s looked as as a starter guess what? That’s being recruited over.

Reaction Score
Maybe Texas A&M. Close to home so his family can see him play at times, not only at Gampel but during the tournament at the Garden..............oh wait.

Maybe he's just so young he needed Kenya here since he lead his recruiting, and if that's the case IU here he comes.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
these kids have every right to be selfish, they owe us nothing.

this is our entertainment but it's their livelihood.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is he going to enroll at another school and play two weeks from now? Like why announce mid season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom