Javonte Brown enters transfer portal | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown enters transfer portal

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Surprise Plot Twist GIF by Filthy Rich

Wish him the best, but hope he considers staying.

Reaction Score
Must have been a culture thing? Or maybe too far from home?

He would have seen a significant uptick in playing time next season, but kinda tough to carve out minutes now with Carlton and Whaley ahead of him. Sanogo too.

Reaction Score
All he had to do is wait a year for Josh and Whaley to graduate––assuming they don't use their extra year of eligibility. Disappointing, but whatever. Good luck to him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First semester just ended.

Players have now been given a free year of eligibility.

There's a myriad of reasons he could choose. What I do know is from what we saw earlier this year, he wasn't going to play much this year. Probably wasn't go to play much next year either.

I said earlier this year, Drew Hurley had a chance to play more minutes than Javonte and I was mocked for it. Just need the walk on to get two more minutes and once again I'm Nostrafuckingdamus.

Reaction Score
This definitely blows. The worst part is that he reclassed and just recently turned 17. I have to imagine that Hurley and the coaching staff were straight up with him about his role off the bat and that he wasn’t going to see a ton of action year 1 which is why it’s somewhat surprising to see him transfer so soon.

Also - Hurley mentioned on the coaches show the other day that he loved the energy from the bench, especially from the guys that aren’t in the rotation (ie Javonte). Seems like he was happy with how he was responding in year 1 so it stinks that he isn’t going stick with the team.

Reaction Score
Disappointing but with the number of bigs on the roster I can't say it's a huge surprise. Was hoping kids would look at Whaley's situation and stick around

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Think this has anything to do with Whaley and/or Polley potentially coming back. Or Samson coming in next year?

Yes to all of the above. And probably more.

Reaction Score
Side note, he was a kid with great potential, but really a lottery ticket.
Nothing from his HS games or any footage of him beyond size, length, age made it seem like he was going to be a stud.

I reserve the right to backtrack from this if he stays

Reaction Score
Well, hopefully Samson Johnson is ready to play a lot of minutes next year. He and Sanogo will be our only 2 centers left
Presuming Whaley or Carlton don't come back. Or we don't get another big via recruiting.

Reaction Score
Frees up a scholarship for next year and when Springs does the same thing, we'll have yet another one. Just my 2 cents.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, hopefully Samson Johnson is ready to play a lot of minutes next year. He and Sanogo will be our only 2 centers left
Remember, if they want Polley and Carlton get another year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom