Javonte Brown enters transfer portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown enters transfer portal

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him, who knows who he has in his ear outside the program. Rather get rid of those who don't want it and can drag others down with bad energy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This definitely blows. The worst part is that he reclassed and just recently turned 17. I have to imagine that Hurley and the coaching staff were straight up with him about his role off the bat and that he wasn’t going to see a ton of action year 1 which is why it’s somewhat surprising to see him transfer so soon.

Also - Hurley mentioned on the coaches show the other day that he loved the energy from the bench, especially from the guys that aren’t in the rotation (ie Javonte). Seems like he was happy with how he was responding in year 1 so it stinks that he isn’t going stick with the team.

Being that young and being restricted to the campus and not travel back and forth to Canada can put plenty of strain on a kid.

We've all seen non-athletes transfer out of a school after one semester and the list of reasons why is pretty long.

Reaction Score
Very strange -definitely would’ve had playing time next year - he sees the program is on the rise- oh well -good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Remember, we have another highly touted big we expect to come in, regardless of Samson.
Saw the writing on the wall, especially with Kenya leaving.

Hope this means good news is coming soon.

Wish Javonte the best of luck, definitely has the build to become a force.

Reaction Score
Bumpy start to last years class for a few guys. Hopefully smooths out.

Reaction Score
Think this has anything to do with Whaley and/or Polley potentially coming back. Or Samson coming in next year?
Why would Samson not be coming next year? He is a high school senior.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think he saw the writing on the wall with Sanogo getting minutes ahead of him and another big prospect coming in.

Too bad he's ducking the competition, but if he wants easy minutes, it's not going to be here.

That line should be mentioned by every coach each time they talk to a recruit and family for the first time within the first two minutes.

Reaction Score
Disappointing but with the number of bigs on the roster I can't say it's a huge surprise. Was hoping kids would look at Whaley's situation and stick around
I think this has a lot to due with Akok’s injury. Akok got injured after Brown’s commitment and as a result had his progress stoped. So instead of Akok being a 2 and done with a lot of playing time available for Brown by year 2, now Akok is realistically a 3 or 4 and done. Meaning no real playing time available in the near future.

Reaction Score
Well that sucks....Man, wish he could've at least considered redshirting.. Get stronger and better understanding of his role then BLOW UP once Carlton is graduated... That made more sense to me...

Reaction Score
I always want to see kids improve and get better and with his age and frame Javonte looks to have a lot of upside but the reality is Hurley will get someone better. Hurley and staff are beast recruiters and UConn is back as a major name with everyone.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Didn’t see that coming. Is Whaley or Carlton expected to return next season?

This year was definitely going to be tough for JB to get minutes but I thought next year for sure he’d get decent playing time alongside Sanogo. He’s a great, super young 4 year project player.

Reaction Score
Odd. He redshirted this year right? Now he's going to sit a year. Will he technically still have freshman eligibility when he finally plays a game?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Surprised, but upon reflection, it isn't that surprising. He wasn't in line to compete to start here for probably two more years. And he knows we are hard after Clingan. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Odd. He redshirted this year right? Now he's going to sit a year. Will he technically still have freshman eligibility when he finally plays a game?
No one redshirted this year because it doesn’t count towards your eligibility . I think the general thought on here was if it were a normal season that’s what would’ve happened because of how young and raw he is .

Reaction Score
No one redshirted this year because it doesn’t count towards your eligibility . I think the general thought on here was if it were a normal season that’s what would’ve happened because of how young and raw he is .
Really? Wow. I haven't been paying that much attention to Covid related eligibility changes. That's actually pretty nice of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
wow! i was in the same boat as some previous posters -- i thought springs might transfer, but assumed brown would be staying because of how obviously young and raw he is. i assume that the staff is being really honest with both.

curious where brown ends up... if it's indiana (or any high major) will he actually get minutes??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom