Jalen Returning for Senior Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Returning for Senior Season

Reaction Score
I’m excited to see him beside Smith and Gilbert. Smith is way better than advertised. He’s a senior lock down defender NYC Hurley kid, high major D1 recruit. Led his team in assists last year. He’s going to start.

Agree. Been boning up on Smith, and it's hard to see who beats him out for starting PG. AG may eventually have something to say about that but, even if fully recovered, he is likely to be tentative early. Smith and Jalen will make one bad-*ss backcourt. With Wilson grabbing minutes at the 3, you can see why Vital is scouting alternatives.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I want to start the season with a full court press from Adams, Smith, Wilson, Polley, and Carlton.

Reaction Score
It is not unreasonable to think AAC POY/1st Team AA.

When the coaching change was made I thought Adams was most likely gonzo. This is a huge break from Kevin Ollie.

This could be an incredible ride for 4Hunnid that delivers him to college basketballs Promised Land & Back as a University of CT basketball legend. Everyday college basketball gets a little more watered down with player attrition.

We arguably jumped from #178 to around #57 with this news alone. Moving up from here will require the requisite work from the man we have grown to love AKA Thy One & ONlY 4 Hunnid Mr. Jalen Adams.

Sitting on the precipice of another missed NCAA Tournament has now turned into a season filled with hopes and dreams of a Sweet 16/E8 shock the United States of America run for the ages.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm seeing a very real possibility of going into this year with only 3 guards though. If Vital leaves, and Gilbert isn't able to come back physically, that will leave Jalen, Smith, and BA. That's thin back court.

With Vital's latest move, does Hurley look for another guard? Not sure how this works. I think Vital's got until the 30th to decide?

If Vital leaves, it'll be tricky. Do you pick up another grad transfer? If so, you lose three guards to graduation in 2019-20, including, probably, your starting twosome (Smith & Jalen.) Do you therefore take a chance on a 3-star, seeing him as you're 5th guard for the next four years? Even if Vital returns, does he leave next year? Increasingly looks like recruiting two top-drawer guards is a requirement for next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Said he wants to win a championship for his legacy here.

I like it.

I'd be very happy with a Regular Season or Conference Tourney Championship.

Reaction Score
Great news. I hope with a better supporting cast and a better coaching staff, he won't be needing to grind out 40 minutes a game. Just being able to get a blow during a game should boost his effectiveness.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing a very real possibility of going into this year with only 3 guards though. If Vital leaves, and Gilbert isn't able to come back physically, that will leave Jalen, Smith, and BA. That's thin back court.

With Vital's latest move, does Hurley look for another guard? Not sure how this works. I think Vital's got until the 30th to decide?

There is absolutely no way CV is leaving. Our roster appears to be complete for 18-19. The recruiting continues for the following year. I get giddy looking at 247 these days. We are in many great players. Onward!

Reaction Score
Are Smith and B Adams 1s or 2s? What is the name of the other newby? and is he a 4 or 5?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Vital leaves, it'll be tricky. Do you pick up another grad transfer? If so, you lose three guards to graduation in 2019-20, including, probably, you're starting twosome (Smith & Jalen.) Do you therefore take a chance on a 3-star, seeing him as you're 5th guard for the next four years? Even if Vital returns, does he leave next year? Increasingly looks like recruiting two top-drawer guards is a requirement for next year.
And this assessment summarizes the extreme importance Vital's return has on the program. In addition to his being the blue collar Husky many of us appreciate, he provides continuity in a program that has had too many disruptions recently.

Reaction Score
Jalen is a pioneer. Hes gonna bring us from the bottom to the top. Legendary.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he would enter the draft to at least get feedback if he didn’t have this minor wrist injury.

But so happy he’s returning. We suck next year if we are without him regardless of how good the coaching is.

Reaction Score
Why was all this necessary?

Considering borges and the rest of the heard kept saying "there is yet to be an announcement" and considering he's buds with Corey porter, he might as well have created this. Also its like the norm with announcing things today.

Reaction Score
Super news have a feeling Hurley will drill into him what he needs to do to be who he can be. If he's coming back he's all in with the new coach i'm sure they discussed the plan. Great stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom