Jalen Returning for Senior Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Returning for Senior Season

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Knowing a little about how JA feels toward and his relationship with KO, I would be a little surprised if he came back but when he showed up to Coach DH's press conference I was guessing that he probably would at least consider returning.
I am overjoyed that he has reportedly made his decision known and will wear a Husky uniform for his senior year. The kid is a warrior and I consider him a very very good college guard.
His performance in Hawaii two years ago still amazes me as did his play that whole season. There was way too much pressure on him last season the minute AG went down again and it will be great to see him operate with a full complement of guards.
Welcome back - officially JA

Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with a Regular Season or Conference Tourney Championship.
He was referring to the National Championship in Minneapolis. Let us see how the roster shakes out moving forward folks. A few key moves at the poker table and in a nonosecond the unthinkable becomes a reality. WE clearly are not title contenders right now. BUT it is not May 1st yet! Rosters are in flux and heroes are in the initial stages of being built.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I make us the favorites in the AAC.
Too soon?
We need good fortune as it relates to health, unlike the last couple years. But we should be able to compete for the AAC title considering the talent on the roster.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I rather enjoyed it. It's Jalen's way of saying he has fully bought into Hurley, loves being a Husky, and expects a big season for his University and himself.

I thought it was great.

I was worried that he looked at next year and wasn’t ready to carry the entire team on his shoulders again.

Reaction Score
I make us the favorites in the AAC.
Too soon?

I say it will be a WAR at the top of the AAC. A battle of the ages.

We have a fighting chance w/4Hunnid:

wYlgHvJik_GGeJ1agn5bug46VMB2zs5zlkehuwykD9pB4Nlokn7dQnDjw9MRx2EqNPQ=h310

Top 4 are clear: UCF, UCONN, Memphis & Cincinnati in no particular order.

On the 4th of July lets revisit this and make our final picks. The teams in Caps are my favs right now. Keep an eye on Memphis and how they fill their last ship.

Reaction Score
We need good fortune as it relates to health, unlike the last couple years. But we should be able to compete for the AAC title considering the talent on the roster.
We still have flaws but having guards with a handle will help a lot.

Reaction Score
He says he would like to bring another championship to Uconn. Now in our current situation youd think its nothing but wishful thinking and heck it may be but after what i saw in `11 and `14 i know better than to count this this program out before its out.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for Jalen to have a Shabazz-like senior year. I'm thinking he and Danny can lead us to an AAC championship, a top 25 ranking and a sweet 16 finish. So glad you are coming back Jalen.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Unlike many on this board, I didn’t think last year’s talent, taken in isolation, was that inferior, especially within the AAC. The big problems were defensive and offensive strategies/execution and player usage - making players do things that they couldn’t do while simultaneously not taking advantage of things they could do.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Unlike most on this board, I didn’t think last year’s talent, taken in isolation, was that inferior, especially within the AAC. The big problems were defensive and offensive strategies/execution and player usage - making players do things that the couldn’t do while simultaneously not taking advantage of things they could do.
It was a mix of really poor coaching and a lack of high end talent. Jalen had to carry the team and there was too much reliance on Antoine Anderson and Larrier, who aren't the players that we need to get to a high level. Half the frontcourt was too young and inexperienced and the other half were veteran frontcourt players who weren't very good.

This all has the chance to change dramatically next year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is the type of result you get when the head coach also lets a very successful former coach give advice.
Coach Calhoun has been watching practices and giving Dan a completely unvarnished breakdown of all the players

Phew it's a good thing Coach Calhoun let Hurley know about Jalen Adams. Would have been a shame to let him go.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It was a mix of really poor coaching and a lack of high end talent. Jalen had to carry the team and there was too much reliance on Antoine Anderson and TL, who aren't the players that we need to get to a high level. Half the frontcourt was too young and inexperienced and the other half were veteran frontcourt players who weren't very good.

This all has the chance to change dramatically next year.
The reliance on Anderson was injury-related, but there should have been anotherr guard. And youth was a problem, but the young big guys’ growth was stunted because Ollie didn’t realize he needed them to play like sophomores as the season progressed.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
This is the type of result you get when the head coach also lets a very successful former coach give advice.
Coach Calhoun has been watching practices and giving Dan a completely unvarnished breakdown of all the players
Seriously? That's good to hear. If you have a Jim Calhoun at your access, why not use him. SMH

C

Chief00

Phew it's a good thing Coach Calhoun let Hurley know about Jalen Adams. Would have been a shame to let him go.
Don’t underestimate the power of Calhoun’s analysis. Who do you think the conditioning narrative came from?
Even more importantly is Jim’s credibility with a player, who has an NBA future, if he does the right things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom