Jalen Returning for Senior Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Returning for Senior Season

Reaction Score
Hurley's best recruit to date.

This mean he won't get some NBA feedback?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
People said that? He's the difference between us sneaking in the tournament and us being well below .500.
Or rather people saying JA is not a program changing player.
Let CV and JA leave, these are not program changing players, will we be not as good next year, that’s a YES without them, but at the same time this is not about next year, even if they are on the team we are maxing out with a tournament bid.

I rather not have them on the roster if they don’t want to buy in into Hurley’s culture, period.

Reaction Score
Why was all this necessary?
Necessary is probably a strong word for it but definitely welcomed and a great thing for the program. To have Porter involved in it (very well connected in Northeast basketball at this point), returning for his senior season, talking up his new coach, talking about righting the ship for our elite program. Definitely will help with morale around the program, team, donors, etc and it certainly couldn't hurt with recruiting.

Reaction Score
Necessary is probably a strong word for it but definitely welcomed and a great thing for the program. To have Porter involved in it (very well connected in Northeast basketball at this point), returning for his senior season, talking up his new coach, talking about righting the ship for our elite program. Definitely will help with morale around the program, team, donors, etc and it certainly couldn't hurt with recruiting.
Well said post!!!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m excited to see him beside Smith and Gilbert. Smith is way better than advertised. He’s a senior lock down defender NYC Hurley kid, high major D1 recruit. Led his team in assists last year. He’s going to start.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm now even more excited for the new era with one of old guard leading the way. Jalen is great player and unfortunately gets bashed around here more than he should as he has had to carry us singlehandedly the last two years. I'm hoping he come back stronger and a better shooter for next year and is ready for a great season with some NCAA tourney play ahead.

Reaction Score
This is exactly how I feel about it. Jalen is one my favorite players and I hope he gets help this year in offense.
Jalen was asked to do too much and played too many minutes. Having better guard options on the floor with him will make a huge difference.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m excited to see him beside Smith and Gilbert. Smith is way better than advertised. He’s a senior lock down defender NYC Hurley kid, high major D1 recruit. Led his team in assists last year. He’s going to start.

I'm seeing a very real possibility of going into this year with only 3 guards though. If Vital leaves, and Gilbert isn't able to come back physically, that will leave Jalen, Smith, and BA. That's thin back court.

With Vital's latest move, does Hurley look for another guard? Not sure how this works. I think Vital's got until the 30th to decide?

Reaction Score
I'm seeing a very real possibility of going into this year with only 3 guards though. If Vital leaves, and Gilbert isn't able to come back physically, that will leave Jalen, Smith, and BA. That's thin back court.

With Vital's latest move, does Hurley look for another guard? Not sure how this works. I think Vital's got until the 30th to decide?
If Vital leaves, Hurley will find another guard. Hurley knows better than anyone exactly what is going on with Vital

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom