Jalen Carey will announce October 11th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey will announce October 11th

Reaction Score
Could have misheard, but almost positive I just heard him call okafor, thabeet, and Jeremy lamb all bums on Instagram live and asking where they at now

Where theyre at is in mansions after multi million $ contracts. Jalen is in montclair NJ living with mom, lol.

Just kids being kids, but he better realize he is NOT anywhere close to nba ready, currently. Lamb would take jalens lunch and eat it in front of him on a basketball court any day of the week.

Reaction Score
He absoutley said something along those lines because afterwards there were some offended uconn fans who were trying to tell him lamb has as many ships as beohiem and not to be disrespectful

Reaction Score
He absoutley said something along those lines because afterwards there were some offended uconn fans who were trying to tell him lamb has as many ships as beohiem and not to be disrespectful
You maybe right I was watching the Yankee game as well. Very well could have missed it

Reaction Score
Okafor - 10 year career $87M
Lamb - 5 years $16M and under contract for $14M = $30M
Thabeet - Obviously a bust but 4 years $11M

I'm not even going to start a Syracuse "where are they now" list
Lamb also put together a pretty nice year last year; Hornets are still high on him and he's still just 25. Okafor even with crippling injuries made enough for 10 lifetimes.

Reaction Score
Like I've said, Jalen is an amazing talent but if he's scared to compete and just wants minutes handed to him, I'm fine with him going elsewhere.
Carey is not coming here time to close the thread

Reaction Score
Slater says Syracuse. He is usually in the know.
Carey is not coming here time to close the thread
There is still a lot of time until 10/11 I wouldnt waive the white flag yet. If we as UConn fans have learned anything its that recruiting is fluid and that we have hope until @Zionn says otherwise

Reaction Score
Lamb also put together a pretty nice year last year; Hornets are still high on him and he's still just 25

He shot 28% from 3 and only played slightly better than replacement level. He won't get a next contract unless he has a substantially better next 2 years.

Reaction Score

If true, contrast these comments with those discussed in the Whaley/Anderson threads (i.e., both guys respecting and revering UConn tradition) and the love the Akinjos (seemingly) have for this program. This program is about more than just one person/player/coach.

I chalk this up to a teen being a teen. But I still stand by my belief that we are better off with guys who want to be a part of UConn tradition vs. guys who have to be convinced to play here on their way to the NBA.

Reaction Score
He shot 28% from 3 and only played slightly better than replacement level. He won't get a next contract unless he has a substantially better next 2 years.
He averaged 9 pts in 18 minutes per at 24 years old on 46% shooting and posted the highest defensive rebound rate on the team. There's stuff to like. Few guys playing 18 minutes a game are going to have substantial VORPs

Reaction Score
He averaged 9 pts in 18 minutes per at 24 years old on 46% shooting and posted the highest defensive rebound rate on the team. There's stuff to like. Few guys playing 18 minutes a game are going to have substantial VORPs

Most importantly (I think) Lamb will have made 26.5 million by the time he is 27.

Carey is the consensus #49 recruit in the country. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and compare him to players ranked 40-49 and see how they turned out.

2016 Javin DeLaurier DeRon Davis Nick Ward Cam McGusty Ty Jerome Deriante Jenkins Shamorie Ponds Ike Anigbogu Schnider Herard

2015 Jaquan Lyle Prince Ali Mav Rowan Ray Spalding Elijah Thomas Kerwin Roach Derrick Jones Isaac Humphries Jessie Govan Dejounte Murray

2014 Craig Victor Jordan McLaughlin Leron Black Chris Chiozza Abdul Malik Abu Jaquan Newton Angel Delgado Kaleb Joseph

2013 Tyler Roberson Roddy Peters Nick King Conner Frankamp Derrick Walton Jonathon Williams Xavier Rathan Mayes Moses Kingsley Brandon Austin Christian Wood

2012 Shaq Cleare Cam Biedshied Willie Cauley Stein Omar Calhoun Brice Johnson Adam Woodbury Tyler Lewis Jerami Grant Daniel Ochefu

This should probably provide some perspective on the challenge Carey faces. I didn't feel like typing out 27 more names, but the trend continues from 2011 to 2009 - only Gorgui Deng is in the NBA on a guaranteed contract. The guys in bold are guys that landed in the first round. There are I believe 4 other players who have are on minimum 2nd Round deals - guys like Ochefu, Jones, Grant and Anigbogu, who just got drafted in round 2. You may notice that all these guys are either bigs or freak athletes.

If Carey wants to make the NBA he needs to work unbelievably hard year round and realize that he would be incredibly fortunate to land in the NBA after 4 years, let alone 2.

Reaction Score
The kid said something stupid/short sighted. That doesn't mean UConn is out by any means. Forgive and forget, he's in HS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lamb also put together a pretty nice year last year; Hornets are still high on him and he's still just 25. Okafor even with crippling injuries made enough for 10 lifetimes.

OT: But people seem to forget just how young Lamb is right now. The book on his NBA career is far from complete. He won't be 26 until next spring. He shot 46% from the field last year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He did say he hates being compared or having to listen to coachs talking about past program greats. He claimed he's not the same as though guys, so they don't know his struggle and he doesn't know there's. Which honestly I tend to agree with.

Reaction Score
Most importantly (I think) Lamb will have made 26.5 million by the time he is 27.

Carey is the consensus #49 recruit in the country. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and compare him to players ranked 40-49 and see how they turned out.

2016 Javin DeLaurier DeRon Davis Nick Ward Cam McGusty Ty Jerome Deriante Jenkins Shamorie Ponds Ike Anigbogu Schnider Herard

2015 Jaquan Lyle Prince Ali Mav Rowan Ray Spalding Elijah Thomas Kerwin Roach Derrick Jones Isaac Humphries Jessie Govan Dejounte Murray

2014 Craig Victor Jordan McLaughlin Leron Black Chris Chiozza Abdul Malik Abu Jaquan Newton Angel Delgado Kaleb Joseph

2013 Tyler Roberson Roddy Peters Nick King Conner Frankamp Derrick Walton Jonathon Williams Xavier Rathan Mayes Moses Kingsley Brandon Austin Christian Wood

2012 Shaq Cleare Cam Biedshied Willie Cauley Stein Omar Calhoun Brice Johnson Adam Woodbury Tyler Lewis Jerami Grant Daniel Ochefu

This should probably provide some perspective on the challenge Carey faces. I didn't feel like typing out 27 more names, but the trend continues from 2011 to 2009 - only Gorgui Deng is in the NBA on a guaranteed contract. The guys in bold are guys that landed in the first round. There are I believe 4 other players who have are on minimum 2nd Round deals - guys like Ochefu, Jones, Grant and Anigbogu, who just got drafted in round 2. You may notice that all these guys are either bigs or freak athletes.

If Carey wants to make the NBA he needs to work unbelievably hard year round and realize that he would be incredibly fortunate to land in the NBA after 4 years, let alone 2.

This is important to realize when everyone here talks about Adams as an NBA player too. I think Adams can make the NBA but its really freaking hard as especially at point guard. There is an insane amount of excellent point guards in the NBA and also out of the NBA. If he doesn't wind up in the NBA, it doesn't mean he isn't a great player.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He did say he hates being compared or having to listen to coachs talking about past program greats. He claimed he's not the same as though guys, so they don't know his struggle and he doesn't know there's. Which honestly I tend to agree with.

Agreed unless it's talking about the role.

You'll play the same role as Ben Gordon in 04, or boat in 2014 etc

Reaction Score
If he did in fact trash Ex UConn players then pull the offer. Don't need him that bad.

I was thinking the same thing. If he did in fact say that stuff and there was solid proof and I'm Ollie, i pull his offer and tell him to have a good time at Cuse. Uconn shouldnt have made it this far in the process if thats how he feels, unless he has really soured since we picked up Akinjo. And if Akinjo makes him sour that much, then I dont think he's a guy we want on our team. I'm hoping non of this is true though, but i wouldnt be shocked if it is. Why string Uconn along at this point if he feels that way though? Report to someone that Uconn is out of the running rather than trash former Uconn players out of anger... I guess that might be too reasonable a thing for a teenager to do?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He can say ef UConn if he still wants to commit later for all I care. He doesn't care about the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom