Jalen Carey will announce October 11th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey will announce October 11th

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Not trying to be that guy and make something out of nothing but Kill favorited a tweet Jalen tweeted tonight so I would think that at least the staff doesn't know for sure that's it's a done deal to Cuse.

It's not. Despite the board's propensity to jump off a cliff at every piece of fourth hand hearsay.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Until HE comes, I'm in.

upload_2017-9-17_22-53-28.png

Reaction Score
Well it is possible that our staff doesn't know and also that he's made his decision and told some people close to him. Not mutually exclusive---i wouldn't think at least

Reaction Score
Not sure why he'd pick an announcement date a month later if he was decided already and nothing could change.

If it was a done deal, he would have just committed on the Syracuse visit a week ago.

Reaction Score
Not sure why he'd pick an announcement date a month later if he was decided already and nothing could change.

If it was a done deal, he would have just committed on the Syracuse visit a week ago.
The 11th is his birthday. Something recruits have done more often recently.

Reaction Score
The 11th is his birthday. Something recruits have done more often recently.

I gathered that from this thread, but why does that mean that he's made up his mind?

It's equally likely he picked that since it's a milestone day and decided he'd finalize his choice by then.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anything is ever truly finalized, but I also don't get the sense that these kids meditate for an hour every day thinking about the decision. This is something that has probably been churning through his mind since well before either program even offered him.

My hunch has been that this race isn't as close as has been speculated. I think he had a good idea of where he wanted to go even before he took any of his visits. I'd be surprised if he ended up here.

Reaction Score
The staff's recruiting efforts over the next few weeks will be the best indicator of where things stand. If the staff remains focused on a 2nd guard like Matthews or Nunez then things are pretty clear. If they back off on these guys for the short term will make early October very interesting.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling he is heading to Cuse. I hope that feeling is just heartburn. I think the staff did well gaining ground, but I think Sara had too large a lead with him.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I have a feeling he is heading to Cuse. I hope that feeling is just heartburn. I think the staff did well gaining ground, but I think Sara had too large a lead with him.

Having family that live in the Cuse doesn't help either I would imagine

Reaction Score
Recruits typically don't set an official date for their announcement unless they're already a soft commit to one location. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he hadn't just about made his mind up, given that he's set a day. Of course, it's also entirely possible he's wrestling with the decision and set the date to give himself some urgency. Whether it's Cuse or us, I trust we'll be fine either way. Love the Akinjo pick up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another good barometer could be his Dad's tweets between now and Oct 11th. Any favoritism toward one of the two, could be a good indicator. Perhaps just as important may be if he's not tweeting anything pro 'Cuse or anti UConn in the weeks ahead....could be a de facto positive for the Huskies. ;)

Reaction Score
Mathis followed the whole UConn team on Twitter a couple days before the announcement. Now that faked us out.
To be fair I don't think he was faking anyone out at that point in time.

Reaction Score
Could have misheard, but almost positive I just heard him call okafor, thabeet, and Jeremy lamb all bums on Instagram live and asking where they at now

Reaction Score
Could have misheard, but almost positive I just heard him call okafor, thabeet, and Jeremy lamb all bums on Instagram live and asking where they at now

I don't care where those dudes went to college, describing NBA players that way is a bad look. I know it's just an IG feed that he doesn't expect to go public, but still. Come off your pedestal a little.

Reaction Score
I don't care where those dudes went to college, describing NBA players that way is a bad look. I know it's just an IG feed that he doesn't expect to go public, but still. Come off your pedestal a little.
Yeah it was a ridiculous thing to say. Was surprised. And deff doesn't seem like something someone would say going to uconn. Yikes

Reaction Score
These live video streaming Q&A chat sessions really turn me off. Seem super enabling. Like tweeting at a recruit x 5. Can't be healthy for a young kid. But maybe just exactly now I've become old.

For that reason I've never actually tuned into one. Are they as cringey as they seem?

Reaction Score
Seriously?
Yes. Would love someone to back me up if they heard as well? Was right when I logged on but I'm 95% sure that's what I heard

Reaction Score

Okafor - 10 year career $87M
Lamb - 5 years $16M and under contract for $14M = $30M
Thabeet - Obviously a bust but 4 years $11M

I'm not even going to start a Syracuse "where are they now" list

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member