OT: - It Was Real Popular, but....Twas Never a Big Fav of Mine....! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: It Was Real Popular, but....Twas Never a Big Fav of Mine....!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I feel bad putting this here as this song is the most annoying song ever written. In my defense, you asked for it.

Tin roof...rusted!

Reaction Score
I feel bad putting this here as this song is the most annoying song ever written. In my defense, you asked for it.

Oh gawd, that one is bad, real bad. Our community standards have sunk to a new low. I award you 1 can of Boneyard Lysol.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tin roof...rusted!

When I was a youth, I worked on a haying crew for a family of ranchers a couple summers. They had a dog, must've been a border collie, who could tell jokes. The guy would say, "Spot, where's the tin?" and the dog would respond with perfect timing "roof." Your post reminded me of that. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I loved the Airplane and liked the Jefferson Starship, but this song by them makes my ears curl up:

:rolleyes: Looks around sheepishly. I grew up with the 80s version of Chicago and Starship, didn't know about how different those bands were originally until later. I liked that 80s stuff, even REO Speedwagon that got savaged earlier in this thread. I'm not even gonna apologize for it. :p

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't honestly remember hearing Steve Miller while I was in high school, but as soon as I got to college it seems like EVERYBODY had his greatest hits CD. I figured it was standard issue, came with checking into your dorm.
I think it was Henry Rollins who said the music you like when you're 12 is the music you'll like for the rest of your life. I was 12 when the The Joker was released and all the guys loved that song because we all loved peaches by then. I took my 12 year old nephew to see him when he played Windsor about a decade ago.

Reaction Score
Encouraged by the British invasion and James Brown, popular music and I went our separate ways pretty early on, so I missed, or not, a lot of the stuff already mentioned. But living in an Army barracks, I couldn't escape it all. I thought Me and Mrs. Jones was particularly disgusting. Still do. On a lighter note, there's this:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Would line dancing have even existed without this song? I feel like this song added a whole lot of fuel to the fire for people who never liked country music.
Yes. Black people had been doing the Bus Stop and The Electric Slide years before that horrible song. Not to mention The Stroll as well.

Reaction Score
Yes. Black people had been doing the Bus Stop and The Electric Slide years before that horrible song. Not to mention The Stroll as well.

Here's a great article about the history of line dancing. It never hurts to feed your mind. Even if it's something you never ,ever, thought about.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ah, interesting. I was thinking of country line dancing in particular but I see the phrase applies to a much broader spectrum of dances. Thanks. The electric slide and macarena both popped up at some weddings or other events I've attended over the years.

edit--the chicken dance probably fits in here somewhere too

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just have to admit, and its gonna put me in the super minority here......I'm OK with Rocky Top. :D
1594735474971.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Or is it the greatest song ever written?!! (This was a big party song back in the day.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Or is it the greatest song ever written?!! (This was a big party song back in the day.)
Somewhere along the continuum between "most annoying ever..." and "greatest song ever..." is where I would put it. Depending on the day and my mood shaded more one way than the other. But one cannot deny the profound effect it has on some.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Here's a great article about the history of line dancing. It never hurts to feed your mind. Even if it's something you never ,ever, thought about.

This article isn't comprehensive since The Bus Stop or the LA Hustle started in 1976.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom