OT: - It Was Real Popular, but....Twas Never a Big Fav of Mine....! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: It Was Real Popular, but....Twas Never a Big Fav of Mine....!

Reaction Score
My personal college musical hell was the next door neighbor in my dorm that played "Time Warp" and "Sweet Transvestite" from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack over and over again at O'Dark Thirty in the morning after being out at the bars.

I seriously considered breaking into the utility closet on the floor and shutting of the breakers to his room...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yikes. Clearly this was pre-Soul Train.
Actually this is so bad, I believe it is pre Soul, period. You may have heard the expression "Pretty fly for a white guy". These poor kids never got off the ground, let alone flew. ;)

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My personal college musical hell was the next door neighbor in my dorm that played "Time Warp" and "Sweet Transvestite" from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" soundtrack over and over again at O'Dark Thirty in the morning after being out at the bars.

I seriously considered breaking into the utility closet on the floor and shutting of the breakers to his room...
OMG - you poor dormer. I worked a theatre that showed RHS Friday and Saturday nights at midnight. It was a small theatre, often sold out - no way to escape the music. Plus, I had to sit in the front until the film passed the point where folks sometimes lighted forbidden candles (and tossed things - usually toast - at the screen); not that I was required to prevent anything, just be a deterrent and keep an eye on the crowd.

Once I got to escape the auditorium, as I say, I still had to listen to the music. Not my favorite memory.

Reaction Score
Outside of Sheila, anything by Tommy Roe. Dizzy, Jam Up and Jelly Tight,etc. And Tie a Yellow Ribbon by T O and Dawn was okay but got overplayed to its great detriment. And Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer is absolutely grating on my nerves.
Bama, I've always felt that maybe Santa had too much to drink and it was covered up. Had a great time in Pittsburgh last week. Went to Wholeys and had a great fish sandwich on Mancini's bread and Louisiana Gumbo soup. Went up the incline with my Grandson and got some great pictures of the stadiums and Point Park. It was closed but got a nice view of everything. As usual got lost downtown but did get to Heinz Field. No tours but got some video of the front. Great to get back for a visit.

Reaction Score
OMG - you poor dormer. I worked a theatre that showed RHS Friday and Saturday nights at midnight. It was a small theatre, often sold out - no way to escape the music. Plus, I had to sit in the front until the film passed the point where folks sometimes lighted forbidden candles (and tossed things - usually toast - at the screen); not that I was required to prevent anything, just be a deterrent and keep an eye on the crowd.

Once I got to escape the auditorium, as I say, I still had to listen to the music. Not my favorite memory.
Knightbridge, I started to have a similar problem during my freshman year. The kid next door had the radio blasting Patience and Prudence "Tonight You Belong To Me". When I went over and knocked on the door he answered and I told him that I didn't mind the volume but at least play some decent music. We wound up being friends for the next fifty years (but he still had a horrible taste in music.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bama, I've always felt that maybe Santa had too much to drink and it was covered up. Had a great time in Pittsburgh last week. Went to Wholeys and had a great fish sandwich on Mancini's bread and Louisiana Gumbo soup. Went up the incline with my Grandson and got some great pictures of the stadiums and Point Park. It was closed but got a nice view of everything. As usual got lost downtown but did get to Heinz Field. No tours but got some video of the front. Great to get back for a visit.
Glad you had a good time. I went to school with the Wholey kids.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Someone who doesn't like/appreciate Pink Floyd, giving music advice????? SMH.

And it figures you wouldn't like a song about sex in the afternoon. ;) Hmmmm.
Even though you posted that people would not like the song you posted, you call me out because I am one of those people. Now I remember why I Ignored you in the first place. Bye.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Even though you posted that people would not like the song you posted, you call me out because I am one of those people. Now I remember why I Ignored you in the first place. Bye.
I do believe I was responding to you're post about me having poor music taste??? Who's calling whom out?

I kind of get the feeling you think I single you out to pick on or something??? Sorry, I really don't know or care enough about you (or most posters here) to do that. I pretty much respond to posts, rather than posters. Chillax, it's just a basketball message board, it's not real.

Reaction Score
Any song with the word Christmas in it.... :eek:
Oh, no Bluedevil. Say you don't mean it. Don't be a Grinch. Elvis - Blue Christmas. Make all the Who's happy and say you can accept that one.

Reaction Score
Ok, now to really piss people off.

Not only is it the worst song ever written, dull, boring, just awful. It is also been covered by pretty much everyone and their brother/sister. Makes me sick whenever I hear it (well just the name or first couple notes, because I'll immediately change channel or turn it off before I vomit).

Meyers, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Reaction Score
This one is right up there with Hallelujah. Another dull, boring song with probably the worst lyrics ever written. Just a horrible horrible idea.

Every time I heard this I would imagine him sinking in quicksand while gurgling that stupid song.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Cohenzone, I felt the same way about "You Light Up My Life". Went out on a first date and it turned out to be the last. She said "My favorite song ever is "You Light Up My Life". I responded by saying "Then your lights must be out". Bad rest of the night.
A girl I was dating out of the blue said a certain song was "our song" (apparently because it was our first slow dance.) I looked at her and said "no.' When she gently protested I said "Just no.... uh no." That song belongs in this list. It was:

(FWIW, it must have been the right call since we've been married 32 years.)

Reaction Score
Glad you had a good time. I went to school with the Wholey kids.
They are right next door to Mancini's and across the street from the Pittsburgh Candy Co. Proof that God loves us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom