It’s Braylon Mullins Week | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It’s Braylon Mullins Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This feels like the Hami Diallo recruitment but with Indiana playing UConn’s role in that one
Nah, IIRC there was some evidence that Hami was picking UK. I don’t remember the situation exactly but I remember watching his decision live expecting it to be UK.

Reaction Score
Nah, IIRC there was some evidence that Hami was picking UK. I don’t remember the situation exactly but I remember watching his decision live expecting it to be UK.

That bozo friend of Ollie's stressed me out for a month over that recruitment

Reaction Score
So much for the student athlete. That concept is officially dead. College athletes are basically employees of the school now.

Wanna know something crazy? They've always been employees of the school. "Student athlete" was just a made up term to avoid paying workers' comp. And that's straight from the mouth of the guy who made it up.

"Collegiate amateurism is not a moral issue; it is an economic camouflage for monopoly practice." - Walter Byers, first executive director of the NCAA, repentant inventor of the phrase "student athlete."

Reaction Score
Wanna know something crazy? They've always been employees of the school. "Student athlete" was just a made up term to avoid paying workers' comp. And that's straight from the mouth of the guy who made it up.

"Collegiate amateurism is not a moral issue; it is an economic camouflage for monopoly practice." - Walter Byers, first executive director of the NCAA, repentant inventor of the phrase "student athlete."
No matter what he says about it, for many years the NLRB and others considered all students a separate category, and Congress went along. Student workers were excluded from paying taxes, they couldn’t unionize etc. The legal changes are recent and they’ve already forced colleges into eliminating student labor outside of sports. It’s a really weird world out there

Reaction Score
No matter what he says about it, for many years the NLRB and others considered all students a separate category, and Congress went along. Student workers were excluded from paying taxes, they couldn’t unionize etc. The legal changes are recent and they’ve already forced colleges into eliminating student labor outside of sports. It’s a really weird world out there

“No matter what the guy who concocted the scheme says about it” is a wild way to frame a response.

Reaction Score
“No matter what the guy who concocted the scheme says about it” is a wild way to frame a response.
When there's a lot of court decisions and caselaw behind it, I'd put a helluva lot more stock in that.

Surely you do too, no?

Let's face it. This was overturned on a wave of popular protest, the judge presiding over the main cases has blatantly said, "I don't understand any of the money." She has no clarity at all and has admitted it. Personally I think she's out of her depth, and I'm not surprised that the SC is just going along with it. The NLRB, the courts, all of these in the past, carved out a space for students because this was an antitrust issue.

Reaction Score
This feels like the Hami Diallo recruitment but with Indiana playing UConn’s role in that one
GOOD lol.. Hami had this board in SHAMBLES.. I mean he did take us along for a ride but still.. I ain’t gonna be mad at all if we do that to IU.. that’s what happens when it’s a blue blood recruitment

Reaction Score
GOOD lol.. Hami had this board in SHAMBLES.. I mean he did take us along for a ride but still.. I ain’t gonna be mad at all if we do that to IU.. that’s what happens when it’s a blue blood recruitment
What always bothered me about HD was how he always hung out with the team playing pickup games etc. It seems like he used the team for free practice.

Reaction Score
Another non productive work day ;) now I am going to be checking every 20min for a sign from Trilly Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom