It’s Braylon Mullins Week | Page 6 | The Boneyard

It’s Braylon Mullins Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Side note - Speaking to an IU guy, found out a Hoosier is a local made up word for “whose ears?” As in ears of corn. We win on mascots as the ultimate tipping point.
The origin of the term's been debated forever but from the indiana historical society,
"The distinguished Hoosier writer, Meredith Nicholson (The Hoosiers) and many others have inquired into the origin of Hoosier. But by all odds the most serious student of the matter was Jacob Piatt Dunn, Jr., Indiana historian and longtime secretary of the Indiana Historical Society. Dunn noted that "hoosier" was frequently used in many parts of the South in the 19th century for woodsmen or rough hill people. He traced the word back to "hoozer," in the Cumberland dialect of England. This derives from the Anglo-Saxon word "hoo" meaning high or hill. In the Cumberland dialect, the word "hoozer" meant anything unusually large, presumably like a hill. It is not hard to see how this word was attached to a hill dweller or highlander. Immigrants from Cumberland, England, settled in the southern mountains (Cumberland Mountains, Cumberland River, Cumberland Gap, etc.). Their descendents brought the name with them when they settled in the hills of southern Indiana."

Reaction Score

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The Dad has been starting to follow UConn fans on the socials. I haven't heard reports of his doing similar with IU fans. I just can't believe the guy would go to all the trouble just to troll.

Imagine a local CT kid started following Duke people leading up to his announcement and then pulled the swerve and picked UConn. He would instantly endear himself to our fans lol. But I agree I don't see a parent doing it.

Reaction Score
Braden, if you are not reading the boneyard, first of all you should be.
Secondly, do you want to come to UCONN, win a national championship in front of the most fanatical fans in college, then develop the skills to become an NBA lottery pick and sail off into the sunset with millions of dollars, or .... stay home. You pick.
Braden? Oh great, now we're never going to get him. :)

Reaction Score
Jesse Bopp? FIU assistant coach

Seems like this guy has done his research, but still all circumstantial evidence. I guess until Trilly says who he/she actually is, we won't know 100%.

Reaction Score
Jesse Bopp? FIU assistant coach

Matt Norlander of CBS Sports interviewed Trilly Donovan earlier this year (questions and answers were done by e-mail) to see if he could figure out who Trilly Donovan is. Interesting read if you care.

awy

Reaction Score
Matt Norlander of CBS Sports interviewed Trilly Donovan earlier this year (questions and answers were done by e-mail) to see if he could figure out who Trilly Donovan is. Interesting read if you care.

the important part of this process is the feedback cycle between leak success and more people feeding you leaks in order to obtain information for themselves. this snowball can start in a number of different ways and places so it's often not easy to trace it back to the starting point. this guy's model has the advantage of being seen as more 'clean' than traditional media, since he seems like he is just doing it for love of the game and not some other ulterior interest, have distinct camps and agendas etc. it's a discreet and consequence free way of leaking things out there and getting intel.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are multiple theories about the name, as an Indiana native and living here, I grew up knowing it was from people back in the day going around and asking “who’s there” and it morphed into “Hoosier”…still laugh every time I see Woodson on the sideline, looking forward to watching Mullins this winter
Side note - Speaking to an IU guy, found out a Hoosier is a local made up word for “whose ears?” As in ears of corn. We win on mascots as the ultimate tipping point.

Reaction Score
So their full name is Indiana Corn Ears?

Reaction Score
The origin of the term's been debated forever but from the indiana historical society,
"The distinguished Hoosier writer, Meredith Nicholson (The Hoosiers) and many others have inquired into the origin of Hoosier. But by all odds the most serious student of the matter was Jacob Piatt Dunn, Jr., Indiana historian and longtime secretary of the Indiana Historical Society. Dunn noted that "hoosier" was frequently used in many parts of the South in the 19th century for woodsmen or rough hill people. He traced the word back to "hoozer," in the Cumberland dialect of England. This derives from the Anglo-Saxon word "hoo" meaning high or hill. In the Cumberland dialect, the word "hoozer" meant anything unusually large, presumably like a hill. It is not hard to see how this word was attached to a hill dweller or highlander. Immigrants from Cumberland, England, settled in the southern mountains (Cumberland Mountains, Cumberland River, Cumberland Gap, etc.). Their descendents brought the name with them when they settled in the hills of southern Indiana."
So Indiana Hillbillies or Indiana Corn Ears. Which is it?

Reaction Score
Braden? Oh great, now we're never going to get him. :)
What is it with Boneyarders butchering players and recruits names? Is it that hard to look them up? Or is it lazy spell checking after voice texting their posts?

Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins

Let's all practice typing it since there will be lots of post here on him over the next couple years or more. ;)

Reaction Score
What is it with Boneyarders butchering players and recruits names? Is it that hard to look them up? Or is it lazy spell checking after voice texting their posts?

Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins

Let's all practice typing it since there will be lots of post here on him over the next couple years or more. ;)
There are still a lot of Yarders who still can't spell Tristen Newton's name correctly and you want them to spell a recruit's name right? Good luck! :)

Aidan Mahaney is the new Tristen. Hopefully that works out as well for us.

Reaction Score

Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins

I'm guessing it's because 99% of people who post here have brain function that falls somewhere between a potato and a different type of potato. They don't even have to look up the name, it's in the title of the thread and they still can't do it.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it's because 99% of people who post here have brain function that falls somewhere between a potato and a different type of potato. They don't even have to look up the name, it's in the title of the thread and they still can't do it.
I thought we were a public-ivy university?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't remember when we ever flirted with disaster quite like this. I hope the kid isn't annoyed by people taking the fun out of his announcement and doesn't change his mind out of spite. Best to be "doomed" until it is done.

Reaction Score
I can't remember when we ever flirted with disaster quite like this. I hope the kid isn't annoyed by people taking the fun out of his announcement and doesn't change his mind out of spite. Best to be "doomed" until it is done.

None of these kids are making decisions for their future based on spite. They want to do what's best for them. If Braylon ends up at Indiana or UNC, it will be because he thought it was the best place for him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He and his father have been following a bunch of UConn fan twitter accounts. If they wanted it to be more secretive I'm sure they wouldn't be doing that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Interesting because, if TD was being honest, this would rule out Bopp:

Are you a coach at any level of college basketball? Are you in a support staff role at any school?
TD: No and no.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg