It’s Braylon Mullins Week | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It’s Braylon Mullins Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The origin of the term's been debated forever but from the indiana historical society,
"The distinguished Hoosier writer, Meredith Nicholson (The Hoosiers) and many others have inquired into the origin of Hoosier. But by all odds the most serious student of the matter was Jacob Piatt Dunn, Jr., Indiana historian and longtime secretary of the Indiana Historical Society. Dunn noted that "hoosier" was frequently used in many parts of the South in the 19th century for woodsmen or rough hill people. He traced the word back to "hoozer," in the Cumberland dialect of England. This derives from the Anglo-Saxon word "hoo" meaning high or hill. In the Cumberland dialect, the word "hoozer" meant anything unusually large, presumably like a hill. It is not hard to see how this word was attached to a hill dweller or highlander. Immigrants from Cumberland, England, settled in the southern mountains (Cumberland Mountains, Cumberland River, Cumberland Gap, etc.). Their descendents brought the name with them when they settled in the hills of southern Indiana."
This is the best explanation I've observed in researching it. But a friend of mine gave a better answer fifty years ago. He's from Indiana and said people are always asking each other who's your ma and who's your pa referencing the multitude of out of wedlock births in that state.

So every time I hear someone say Hoosiers I can't help but laugh because of that.

Reaction Score
Pay particular attention to the BY spelling and tweeting warden himself, HooperScooper. He’s out to get you and resembles a message board version of Norton from Shawshank Redemption. My guess is a retired English teacher from EO Smith.
He felt a little more like the character Bogs from the same movie....

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
What is it with Boneyarders butchering players and recruits names? Is it that hard to look them up? Or is it lazy spell checking after voice texting their posts?

Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins
Braylon Mullins

Let's all practice typing it since there will be lots of post here on him over the next couple years or more. ;)
Confused Gary Coleman GIF
Says Jerry Goldman.

Reaction Score
Often and charges for it.

Didn’t he predict Hurley to Kensucky?
If anything the Khamenia guess was based on the online noise and nothing inside. It was a tightly sealed decision. To Trilly’s defense, just about everyone thought UCLA. That said, we all want to feel like Trilly is getting scoop we aren’t and not just an amazing guesser of the same things we see. Otherwise loses his luster a bit.

When Trilly Donovan ran a free site called Burner Ball last year, there was a recruiting predictions page with an 84/87 success rate. The three misses:

trillymisses.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it's because 99% of people who post here have brain function that falls somewhere between a potato and a different type of potato. They don't even have to look up the name, it's in the title of the thread and they still can't do it.
Did you know you can create electricity from a potato? Dumb are we???

Reaction Score
If anything the Khamenia guess was based on the online noise and nothing inside. It was a tightly sealed decision. To Trilly’s defense, just about everyone thought UCLA. That said, we all want to feel like Trilly is getting scoop we aren’t and not just an amazing guesser of the same things we see. Otherwise loses his luster a bit.

When Trilly Donovan ran a free site called Burner Ball last year, there was a recruiting predictions page with an 84/87 success rate. The three misses:

trillymisses.jpg
Khamenia is going to have the greatest nickname in college hoops: "The Ayatolla".

Reaction Score
Pay particular attention to the BY spelling and tweeting warden himself, HooperScooper. He’s out to get you and resembles a message board version of Norton from Shawshank Redemption. My guess is a retired English teacher from EO Smith.
My mother was actually a high school English teacher. That's probably where I got this weird obsession with spelling the players' names right.

I think it's very strange, and a bit disrespectful, that people can see a name hundreds of times, like with Tristen Newton, and then spell his name wrong. Does anyone on here spell their children's names wrong?

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I was at the car wash yesterday and thought about the Boneyard.
I think it's very strange, and a bit disrespectful, that people can see a name hundreds of times, like with Tristen Newton, and then spell his name wrong.
The wrath of Hooper Scooper. Haha. I’m with you. Perhaps it’s not just the ease of typing that is the reason so many posters will use a player’s initials. Rashard was the misspelling that irked me most.

Reaction Score
Young high schoolers being treated and paid like rock stars. So much for the student athlete. That concept is officially dead. College athletes are basically employees of the school now.
I understand your pain. You should save yourself the anguish and stop watching college sports.

MrP

Reaction Score
Side note - Speaking to an IU guy, found out a Hoosier is a local made up word for “whose ears?” As in ears of corn. We win on mascots as the ultimate tipping point.
According to my 5th grade social studies report on the state of Indiana, “Hoosier” is a portmanteau of “who’s there?”, a phrase frequently yelled between settlers in the wilderness, presumably checking whether someone nearby was friendly or hostile.

Reaction Score
how much would it freak you out if he had a red hoodie on just for a goof

My mother was actually a high school English teacher. That's probably where I got this weird obsession with spelling the players' names right.

I think it's very strange, and a bit disrespectful, that people can see a name hundreds of times, like with Tristen Newton, and then spell his name wrong. Does anyone on here spell their children's names wrong?
The problem is back in the day it was John Mike, Joe, Doug, Pete, Jim and now it is Acaden, Antonbaron, Mercuious, etc.

Reaction Score
UConn Twitter will attack this like an army of starved hyenas. Without looking I bet there are at least 10 below the belt shots back, usually inclusive of moms and missing teeth.
almost makes me want to open a twitter account to read it all, but I already waste too much time on IG. Don't need another social media wasteland - hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom