Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

Reaction Score
LaDazhia Williams to Missouri :confused:...... not sure if it’s an impact transfer but didn’t know where else to place this.

Also feel like she may have slighted Dawn a little with this decision. Although there’s no bad blood considered to be left between the programs, just get the sense that it was a little petty for her to go there.

Reaction Score
LaDazhia Williams to Missouri :confused:. not sure if it’s an impact transfer but didn’t know where else to place this.

Also feel like she may have slighted Dawn a little with this decision. Although there’s no bad blood considered to be left between the programs, just get the sense that it was a little petty for her to go there.
Definitely an interesting choice given the recent history of the two programs, as were Espinoza-Hunter and Westbrook’s decisions. At the same time, I think it is a program where she should be able to be a big contributor (given Mizzou’s lack of bigs), but also play with talent (Aijha Blackwell, Akira Levy, Hayley Frank).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LaDazhia Williams to Missouri :confused:. not sure if it’s an impact transfer but didn’t know where else to place this.

:eek::eek::eek: lemme head over to a little carolina forum

Reaction Score
Definitely an interesting choice given the recent history of the two programs, as were Espinoza-Hunter and Westbrook’s decisions. At the same time, I think it is a program where she should be able to be a big contributor (given Mizzou’s lack of bigs), but also play with talent (Aijha Blackwell, Akira Levy, Hayley Frank).

Her skill set matches what they like to do and she will likely be a starter when she’s eligible. I wish her well although I don’t expect the rivalry to die down anytime soon. She might be the new Sophie Cunningham when she hits the CLA again and everyone is booing her lol.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I initially didn't include her but then added at someone's suggestion; she was (somewhat) highly ranked coming out of HS. I this as a criterion for the "impact" designation to account for players with (presumed) potential who simply hadn't yet found significant playing time.

As this article notes, Williams is the 2nd Gamecock to transfer to Mizzou in the last 3 years, after Haley Troup did so in 2017.

And with the addition of Shug Dickson, that makes 2 noteworthy pickups by Missouri.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Her skill set matches what they like to do and she will likely be a starter when she’s eligible. I wish her well although I don’t expect the rivalry to die down anytime soon. She might be the new Sophie Cunningham when she hits the CLA again and everyone is booing her lol.

love it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Minyon Moore will be visiting Oregon this weekend. Looks like she'll be either a Duck or a Bulldog, as I haven't heard of any other school she's visited or plans on visiting.

Has there been any new development regarding Te’a Cooper and Baylor? Wasn’t Moore supposed to also visit there?

Reaction Score
They’re gonna be “bad for basketball “
LOL. I see what you're saying. Still, WCBB is in another transitionary stage which should ultimately lead to more parity. Until last season Arizona was still in the camp of the poor and deprived of talent, so them getting players does not qualify as "the rich getting richer". Just a few years ago Arizona was considered the worst team in the Pac 12.

Actually what is happening is that a number of programs that show progress are beginning to attract talent. Until Sabrina and Heberd recruiting class arrived, Oregon was in that same category as Arizona. Say what you will about Greaves, he was very successful at Gonzaga where he did really well with far less talent. He also plays a style that attracts players. There are more good coaches and programs than ever before. Players are just beginning to recognize that there are more options available to them than the few elite programs that existed and dominated WCBB in the near past.

Reaction Score
Decisions pending
Kitija Laksa (Sr., 6'0" guard), South Florida​

Decisions made (most recent announcements in bold):
Marta Sniezek (Sr., 5'8" guard), Stanford > Notre Dame​
Ariel Stephenson (Sr., 5'10" guard), Wake Forest > George Washington​

Are these the only grad transfers? Or are there any JRs?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Are these the only grad transfers? Or are there any JRs?
No, quite a few (I'd say most) of the juniors are grad transfers: Adebayo, Cole, Moore, Tapley, D. Walker and Watts just to name a few. I simply listed each player's classification in the 2018-19 season.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No, quite a few (I'd say most) of the juniors are grad transfers: Adebayo, Cole, Moore, Tapley, D. Walker and Watts just to name a few. I simply listed each player's classification in the 2018-19 season.
Am I confused or does D. Walker have potential for two seasons (obviously would need a waiver approval for the second [sixth year of eligibility]) ?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Raoul just reported that Ciani Cryor is now turning pro instead of transferring to New Mexico:

Also, yesterday he retweeted that Shannon Dufficy, 6-2 all-Mountain West performer who as a junior averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds per game at Utah State, will choosing among Duke (@triaddukefan @CamrnCrz1974 ), Missouri and Utah:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In case anyone else was wondering :rolleyes::p:D

I’ve a lot of experience working with this little university and I can say that their Greek system is small but growing and heading on the right path and all my interactions with everyone from the school have been positive and left me with a happy vibe. This young lady will have a great environment to experience her last collegiate years in!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'd forgotten that Akira Levy originally committed to Western Kentucky but then reopened her recruitment after the coaching change. I wonder if she'd consider following Clark-Heard to Cincinnati? A long shot, I'm sure. Lots of heavy hitter programs will be interested in her.

Reaction Score
I'd forgotten that Akira Levy originally committed to Western Kentucky but then reopened her recruitment after the coaching change. I wonder if she'd consider following Clark-Heard to Cincinnati? A long shot, I'm sure. Lots of heavy hitter programs will be interested in her.

Raoul posted on Twitter that he heard she is visiting TN this coming Thursday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I like Levy's aggressiveness. She can't make a perimeter shot to save her life but she's fun to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom