Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

Reaction Score
I'm not liking this trend of Pac 12 players transferring eastward. Hopefully Minyon Moore doesn't continue the trend. (I didn't miss her announcing yet did I?)

Other than the Oregon schools and Stanford, do you see big fan support from many other teams out west? That could be part of the equation for transfers heading East.

Reaction Score
West coast players have been going east for as long as I can remember. Top players out here either went to Stanford or they headed east - the rest of the Pac had no attraction. The sole reason that the Pac is now (arguably . . . and I love arguing about this!) the best conference in the nation is that more and more west coast players are staying in the West, and a few east coast players are coming our way, and that's mostly about the coaching.

As for fan support: Arizona had little support during the season, but sold out their coliseum for their last WNIT games - hopefully that will translate into more fans next year. ASU seems to have topped out with crowds in the 2000-4000 range. The LA schools will always be friends-and-family-only crowds - it's a big city, WBB hardly rates agate type in the papers. UW cratered after Kelsey Plum left. Utah, WSU, Cal, and Colorado are still languishing. UO will do well as long as they are winning - it's that way for every sport in Eugene. OSU has a more stable fan base - it's a smaller, more intimate town where the fans have more connections to the teams and to each other.

In sum, I think UA has the potential for big crowds if they can get on a winning streak. I think Tucson is a lot like Eugene - a mid-sized college town which is large enough to fill a coliseum but not so intimately connected to the school like Corvallis is to Oregon State. Utah might get crowds someday - their gymnastics team sells out a 14000-seat coliseum almost every meet. But overall, the Pac is what it is.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Other than the Oregon schools and Stanford, do you see big fan support from many other teams out west? That could be part of the equation for transfers heading East.

That's possible.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Adding a couple mid-major transfers to the list (reported by Raoul Man of Mystery):

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In an article on Yemiah Morris, she mentions that two other girls on the visit and her "really hit if off" and they seemed to really have a great visit and liked what they saw as well. Those two were Minyon Moore and Sidney Cooks. If Vic gets all 3 transfers, that would mean he would have the following players transfer TO Starkville on next year's roster: Moore, Cooks, Promise Taylor and AEH. Anriel Howard's development into a more complete player is like a business card now for Vic's staff and what they can possibly do with players. Sure doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score
In an article on Yemiah Morris, she mentions that two other girls on the visit and her "really hit if off" and they seemed to really have a great visit and liked what they saw as well. Those two were Minyon Moore and Sidney Cooks. If Vic gets all 3 transfers, that would mean he would have the following players transfer TO Starkville on next year's roster: Moore, Cooks, Promise Taylor and AEH. Anriel Howard's development into a more complete player is like a business card now for Vic's staff and what they can possibly do with players. Sure doesn't hurt.
Anriel Howard hosted Minyon Moore on her trip for I suspect the reason you referenced. However I would still be a little surprised if Moore didn’t go to Oregon. My understanding is T Cooper is likely to go to Baylor so that wouldn’t be as viable. While Mississippi State would be good this coming year I think Oregon has a much better chance for Moore to win a national championship.
I think Cooks attending Mississippi State makes more sense. If she is eligible this season then great. However the next season is when Mississippi State will really be strong.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Two post-player grad transfers announced their destinations:
Adebayo (Murray State) to UConn.
Rivers (Radford) to Virginia Tech.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Anriel Howard hosted Minyon Moore on her trip for I suspect the reason you referenced. However I would still be a little surprised if Moore didn’t go to Oregon. My understanding is T Cooper is likely to go to Baylor so that wouldn’t be as viable. While Mississippi State would be good this coming year I think Oregon has a much better chance for Moore to win a national championship.
I think Cooks attending Mississippi State makes more sense. If she is eligible this season then great. However the next season is when Mississippi State will really be strong.

Moore is more valuable to us than Cooks is.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Maria Cornelius reporting that Tennessee’s rising sophomore F Mimi Collins informed TN of her intent to transfer today. Will enter the transfer portal within 48 hrs. Sad loss for the LVs. She improved so much this past season.

Reaction Score
Maria Cornelius reporting that Tennessee’s rising sophomore F Mimi Collins informed TN of her intent to transfer today. Will enter the transfer portal within 48 hrs. Sad loss for the LVs. She improved so much this past season.

Hard hit, for freshman good offensive player with defensive improvement late season. Guess Lou Brown will start 4 spot barring any grad transfers...

Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see where she ends up. I would assume she has a good shot at immediate eligibility, much like Evina.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Two post-player grad transfers announced their destinations:
Adebayo (Murray State) to UConn.
Rivers (Radford) to Virginia Tech.

Didn't I call that? :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Angela Harris of Houston has entered the portal as a grad transfer.
She was 3rd team all-AAC, averaged 9.9 ppg, 3-year starter for UH.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member