Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's pretty random: x-UConn Ekmark defending x-UConn AEH
That's a rather lose interpretation of "defending" as it relates to either player. :D

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
When Trumpets Fade

I know everyone is different, but if a program had trumpets playing for me when I got off of the plane, I would be too embarrassed to finish the visit. Just put me back on the plane and send me home.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know everyone is different, but if a program had trumpets playing for me when I got off of the plane, I would be too embarrassed to finish the visit. Just put me back on the plane and send me home.

Thanks for clarifying. I did not realize this referred to her recruiting visit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Would you feel differently if it were saxophones? :cool::p:D:);)

Reaction Score
Ja'Tavia Tapley to Arizona State:

ASU is in the similar position to UConn. As indicated they graduated the entire frontcourt. The roster is guard-heavy and Jamie Ruden the 6-1 forward has significant back problems which have limited her to 12 minutes or less per game. This transfer along with the signed recruit from Nevada will provide some relief. ASU will still be extraordinary thin in the front court. It's going to be a very challenging Pac-12 season next year for the lady devils.

I am hoping much like with Geno that there's going to be a foreign player signed. Sophia Elenga one of the graduating frontcourt numbers from France was extraordinary. We have another guard on the roster from the Canary Islands who if she learns to shoot free throws and plays with a little bit more control could be a tremendous point guard.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Ja'Tavia Tapley to Arizona State:

Oof. Inadvertently brutal quote from Tapley that paints a pretty clear picture about her views about, and experience at, USC:
"When we played [ASU], I saw how strong they were," Tapley said. "Going on a visit, I got cleared to work out with them and being able to interact with the team and seeing their chemistry opened my eyes. It's just a different vibe and something positive for me I really needed from the last three years. I like their structure and how serious things were and, how coach Charli interacts with the team and how serious she took things she wanted to be done."

Certainly gives some context to the mass exodus happening in downtown LA.

Reaction Score
ASU is in the similar position to UConn. As indicated they graduated the entire frontcourt. The roster is guard-heavy and Jamie Ruden the 6-1 forward has significant back problems which have limited her to 12 minutes or less per game. This transfer along with the signed recruit from Nevada will provide some relief. ASU will still be extraordinary thin in the front court. It's going to be a very challenging Pac-12 season next year for the lady devils.

I am hoping much like with Geno that there's going to be a foreign player signed. Sophia Elenga one of the graduating frontcourt numbers from France was extraordinary. We have another guard on the roster from the Canary Islands who if she learns to shoot free throws and plays with a little bit more control could be a tremendous point guard.
Arizona State is a finalist for 6’6” JUCO C Yemiyah Morris. I was unaware of Ruden’s back issues. That is terrible. She was one of CTT’s higher ranked recruits.

Mbulito is very intriguing. So athletic at 6’1”. She is going to be a STUD.

Reaction Score
Arizona State is a finalist for 6’6” JUCO C Yemiyah Morris. I was unaware of Ruden’s back issues. That is terrible. She was one of CTT’s higher ranked recruits.

Mbulito is very intriguing. So athletic at 6’1”. She is going to be a STUD.

Very interesting about the Cochise College recruit. Sophia Elenga was also from Cochise College so coach Thorne clearly has either a relationship down there or recruits players to spend some time there. I taught at Cochise College for 2 years they have an outstanding ESL program among other programs. They've always had a higher than average percent of international students there. In fact when I taught there two of my best students ever were Chinese.

This is a dated story discussing Jamie Ruden from 2017. I think her minutes are managed to be right around 10 per game must be a chronic back problem.

I completely agree about Iris Mbulito.she can really get to the rim. In some ways she reminds me of head of Mikayla coombs. She has a terrible shooting form I can't shoot free throws for her life. Hopefully she can improve that mid-range jumper as well as her free throw shooting. Her ability to distribute the ball is phenomenal she has incredible court awareness and as you say with her length she's been a tremendous defender. One of the Sun Devils leaders in steals. Really looking forward to seeing how she develops. Again thanks for the link on the center recruit from Cochise College

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nell Fortner suggests that Georgia Tech won't be losing any further players to transfer:

I went ahead and moved Kierra Fletcher and Francesca Pan from "Decisions pending" to "Decisions made."

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ciani Cryor to New Mexico:

ETA: That puts my "impact" list at the tipping point: the number of "decisions made" now equals the number of "decisions pending" (17).

The last announcement of an "impact" out-transfer was Coombs six days ago. Will there be more?

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ciani Cryor to New Mexico:

ETA: That puts my "impact" list at the tipping point: the number of "decisions made" now equals the number of "decisions pending" (17).

The last announcement of an "impact" out-transfer was Coombs six days ago. Will there be more?

Is Coombs an impact player? Ive never seen her play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is Coombs an impact player? Ive never seen her play.
As explained in OP, rough criteria are (a) proven significant contributions on former team or (b) highly rated out of HS.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As explained in OP, rough criteria are (a) proven significant contributions on former team or (b) highly rated out of HS.

Oops.... i overlooked that part :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dre'una Edwards to Kentucky.
A huge get for Matthew Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Dre'una Edwards to Kentucky.
A huge get for Matthew Mitchell.

She and Patterson were both huge off-season additions to UK. Will be an interesting future at Kentucky, especially since Howard is so talented.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Leading the "impact transfer" sweepstakes are two schools from the Bluegrass State:
1. Louisville (3): E. Balogun, E. Dixon, K. Smith
2. Kentucky (2): C. Patterson, D. Edwards

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not liking this trend of Pac 12 players transferring eastward. Hopefully Minyon Moore doesn't continue the trend. (I didn't miss her announcing yet did I?)

Reaction Score
Visited Mississippi State this past weekend

Sidney Cooks (Soph.), Michigan St 6'4" Forward
Minyon Moore (Jr.), USC 5'8" Guard

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member