Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

Reaction Score
I’m a little surprised by Taja Cole visiting KSU. That doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade over her current situation.
She made it clear the reason she is leaving UGA is they don’t have a grad program for her major.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Might be asking for too much, but I'll ask.;) Would you consider adding the players height and position they played at their former school. Thanks for the consideration.

Decided to make a non-exhaustive list to help me keep track of the transfer landscape.

The "impact" designation is obviously subjective, but roughly limited to players who I'm aware were significant contributors on their former team or otherwise were highly rated coming out of high school. (I'm sure to have missed some; suggestions welcome.)

Decisions pending:
Amari Carter (Jr.), Penn St​
Taja Cole (Jr.), Georgia​
Sidney Cooks (Soph.), Michigan St​
Te'a Cooper (Jr.), South Carolina​
Ciani Cryor (Jr.), Rutgers​
Dre'una Edwards (Fr.), Utah​
Kierra Fletcher (Soph.), Georgia Tech​
Destiny Littleton (Soph.), Texas​
Minyon Moore (Jr.), USC​
Francesca Pan (Jr.), Georgia Tech​
Shaina Pellington (Soph.), Oklahoma​
Lydia Rivers (Jr.), Radford​
Marta Sniezek (Sr.), Stanford​
Ariel Stephenson (Sr.), Wake Forest​
Ja'Tavia Tapley (Jr.), USC​
Cierra Walker (Jr.), Vanderbilt​
Stephanie Watts (Jr.), North Carolina​
Evina Westbrook (Soph.), Tennessee​

Decisions made:
Elizabeth Balogun (Fr.): Georgia Tech > Louisville​
Grace Berg (Fr.): Missouri > Drake​
Deja Church (Soph.): Michigan > DePaul​
Elizabeth Dixon (Fr.): Georgia Tech > Louisville​
Raven Farley (Soph.): LSU > St. John's​
Lexi Gordon (Soph.): UConn > Texas Tech​
Bianca Jackson (Soph.): South Carolina > Florida St​
Braxtin Miller (Soph.): Oklahoma St > Ohio St​
Alexis Morris (Fr.): Baylor > Rutgers​
Chasity Patterson (Soph.): Texas > Kentucky​
Kianna Smith (Soph.).: Cal > Louisville​
Destinee Walker (Soph.): North Carolina > Notre Dame​
Delicia Washington (Jr.), Florida > Clemson​

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
@Wbbfan1

For the decisions pending:
Amari Carter (Jr.), Penn St, 5'8" Guard
Taja Cole (Jr.), Georgia, 5'8" Guard
Sidney Cooks (Soph.), Michigan St 6'4" Forward
Te'a Cooper (Jr.), South Carolina 5'8' Guard
Ciani Cryor (Jr.), Rutgers 5'5" Guard
Dre'una Edwards (Fr.), Utah 6'2" Forward
Kierra Fletcher (Soph.), Georgia Tech 5'9" Guard
Destiny Littleton (Soph.), Texas 5'9" Guard
Minyon Moore (Jr.), USC 5'8" Guard
Francesca Pan (Jr.), Georgia Tech 6'1" Guard
Shaina Pellington (Soph.), Oklahoma 5'7" Guard
Lydia Rivers (Jr.), Radford 6'2" Forward
Marta Sniezek (Sr.), Stanford 5'8" Guard
Ariel Stephenson (Sr.), Wake Forest 5'10" Guard
Ja'Tavia Tapley (Jr.), USC 6'3" Forward
Cierra Walker (Jr.), Vanderbilt 5'8" Guard
Stephanie Watts (Jr.), North Carolina 5'11" Guard
Evina Westbrook (Soph.), Tennessee 6'0" Guard

Reaction Score
Depending on where she goes, I think LaDazhia Williams (transfer from South Carolina) could be an impact on a team. Former top 50 recruit.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I thought Patterson was going to Tennessee out of High School. I wonder if she will now.

Reaction Score
Depending on where she goes, I think LaDazhia Williams (transfer from South Carolina) could be an impact on a team. Former top 50 recruit.
I think so too, she was being recruited by UConn at some point in her prep career if I remember correctly

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought Patterson was going to Tennessee out of High School. I wonder if she will now.
Her final 4 were Notre Dame, St. John’s, Tennessee and Virginia. Just a hunch she'll end up at Maryland.

Reaction Score
She won’t go there loaded with bigs. 6 players 6’3 and up. But then again who knows

Reaction Score
Naje Murry transferring to Cal from San Diago St where she averaged 13.7 prg and 4;4 rbg. Three point shooter who should help Cal in that respect. Cal needs all the scoring help they can get losing Smith to Louisville.

Reaction Score
Interesting note at Patterson is that she wanted to head to Tennessee but it was her dad who pushed her to ND. Wouldn’t be shocked to see both Tenn and UCONN on her list soon

Reaction Score
Interesting note at Patterson is that she wanted to head to Tennessee but it was her dad who pushed her to ND. Wouldn’t be shocked to see both Tenn and UCONN on her list soon

Someone on the Tennessee board said she’s on UConn’s radar

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Intriguing that azcentral.com used this as its lead photo in the article on Tapley:

1556065879548.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tapley will be immediately eligible as a grad transfer and will help fill the huge void in ASU's post play left by the graduation of Ibis (Pac-12 First Team performer), Johnson-Chapman and Elenga.

Edit to add: Reading between the lines, Tapley implies some criticism of her now former program/coach:

"When we played them, I saw how strong they were," Tapley said. "Going on a visit, I got cleared to work out with them and being able to interact with the team and seeing their chemistry opened my eyes. It's just a different vibe and something positive for me I really needed from the last three years. I like their structure and how serious things were and, how coach Charli interacts with the team and how serious she took things she wanted to be done."​

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I don’t know if that is directly related to Trak but i will say this. Mark Trak inherited a mess at USC. The mass exodus of players except the freshman are hold overs from the CCD era. I heard there was a lot of off the court drama that the coaching staff couldn’t get control of and it showed on the court. I think Trak Can pull them together now that a few certain bad apples have moved on.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Her final 4 were Notre Dame, St. John’s, Tennessee and Virginia. Just a hunch she'll end up at Maryland.

Both the coaching regimes that recruited Patterson to Tennessee (Warlick) and Virginia (Boyle), respectively, are no longer running the show. The St. John's coach has long been thought of as something of an advisor to the Paterson family. We'll see.

Just remembered another player from that time, Raven Farley Clark, transferred out of LSU and landed at St. John's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom