Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Added to the list:

Kadiatou Sissoko, a 6-2 guard from France who was ranked #10 in HG 2018, has announced she's transferring from Syracuse to Minnesota. (She missed part of last season with injury and her production as a freshman was minimal.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any word on K. Laksa? Have not heard anout any schools she may be considering.

Also have we heard which achools S. Prince os considering?

Reaction Score
Which players are definitely eligible this coming year? (my understanding = bold purple)

Decisions pending
Te'a Cooper (Jr., 5'8" guard), South Carolina
Erin DeGrate (Sr., 6'6" forward), Texas Tech
Shannon Dufficy (Jr., 6'2" guard/forward), Utah St​
Angela Harris (Jr., 5'6" guard), Houston (pending graduation in Aug)
Kitija Laksa (Sr., 6'0" guard), South Florida
Akira Levy (Fr., 5'8" guard), Missouri​
Sedona Prince (Fr., 6'7" forward), Texas​

Decisions made:
Evelyn Adebayo (Jr.): Murray St > UConn
Elizabeth Balogun (Fr.): Georgia Tech > Louisville​
Grace Berg (Fr.): Missouri > Drake​
Amari Carter (Jr., 5'8" guard), Penn St > Arizona
Deja Church (Soph.): Michigan > DePaul​
Taja Cole (Jr., 5'8" guard), Georgia > Virginia Tech
Mimi Collins (Fr., 6'3" forward), Tennessee > Maryland​
Sidney Cooks (Soph., 6'4" forward), Michigan St > Mississippi St​
Mikayla Coombs (Soph., 5'8" guard), UConn > Georgia​
Ciani Cryor (Jr., 5'5" guard), Rutgers > New Mexico [turning pro instead]​
Shug Dickson (Jr., 5'9" guard), Tulsa > Texas Tech > Missouri​
Elizabeth Dixon (Fr.): Georgia Tech > Louisville​
Dre'una Edwards (Fr., 6'2" forward), Utah > Kentucky​
Raven Farley (Soph.): LSU > St. John's​
Lexi Gordon (Soph.): UConn > Texas Tech​
Bianca Jackson (Soph.): South Carolina > Florida St​
Destiny Littleton (Soph., 5'9" guard), Texas > South Carolina​
Braxtin Miller (Soph.): Oklahoma St > Ohio St​
Minyon Moore (Jr., 5'8" guard), USC > Oregon
Alexis Morris (Fr.): Baylor > Rutgers​
Karisma Ortiz (Fr., 6'0" guard): Penn St > Texas​
Chasity Patterson (Soph.): Texas > Kentucky​
Danielle Patterson (Soph., 6'2" forward), Notre Dame > Indiana​
Shaina Pellington (Soph., 5'7" guard), Oklahoma > Arizona​
Lydia Rivers (Jr., 6'2" forward), Radford > Virginia Tech
Kadiatou Sissoko (Fr., 6'2" guard): Syracuse > Minnesota​
Kianna Smith (Soph.).: Cal > Louisville​
Marta Sniezek (Sr., 5'8" guard), Stanford > Notre Dame
Ariel Stephenson (Sr., 5'10" guard), Wake Forest > George Washington
Ja'Tavia Tapley (Jr., 6'3" forward), USC > Arizona St
Leilah Vigil (Fr., 5'10" forward), UMKC > San Francisco​
Cierra Walker (Jr., 5'8" guard), Vanderbilt > Gonzaga
Destinee Walker (Soph.): North Carolina > Notre Dame
Delicia Washington (Jr.), Florida > Clemson​
Stephanie Watts (Jr., 5'11" guard), North Carolina > Southern Cal
Evina Westbrook (Soph., 6'0" guard), Tennessee > UConn​
LaDazhia Williams (Soph., 6'4" forward), South Carolina > Missouri​

Plebe

Reaction Score
More info on Akira Levy's transfer in this article:

“The playing style was the main thing, not being able to just go,” Levy said in a phone interview. “I want to play fast, I want to push the ball up the court. I want to look ahead and I want to go and score. We weren’t playing that way and I just don’t think we’re ever going to.”​

Still no word on which schools, other than Tennessee, that she's considering.

Reaction Score
More info on Akira Levy's transfer in this article:

“The playing style was the main thing, not being able to just go,” Levy said in a phone interview. “I want to play fast, I want to push the ball up the court. I want to look ahead and I want to go and score. We weren’t playing that way and I just don’t think we’re ever going to.”​

Still no word on which schools, other than Tennessee, that she's considering.
She's following Middle Tennessee State and all of their coaches too.

Reaction Score
She's following Middle Tennessee State and all of their coaches too.
She and Hayes would be a lot like Mississippi State’s Danberry/Holmes duo. Quick as lightning, can get to their spot, actively defend, but can’t shoot it a lick.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She and Hayes would be a lot like Mississippi State’s Danberry/Holmes duo. Quick as lightning, can get to their spot, actively defend, but can’t shoot it a lick.
Take this for what it's worth, but someone on Volnation said that Levy revealed on Instagram live that she was planning a visit to Vanderbilt.

Reaction Score
Take this for what it's worth, but someone on Volnation said that Levy revealed on Instagram live that she was planning a visit to Vanderbilt.
I think they were a finalist for her out of HS. Quite honestly, Vandy has a decent roster this year: Carter, Newby, Alexander, Cambridge, and Hall were all top-50 by one service or another, and Fasoula is very talented. I'd give White the boot if they still stink.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think they were a finalist for her out of HS. Quite honestly, Vandy has a decent roster this year: Carter, Newby, Alexander, Cambridge, and Hall were all top-50 by one service or another, and Fasoula is very talented. I'd give White the boot if they still stink.
You have to think this it the put up or shut up year for White. Last year they were ravaged by injuries and, despite the dismal record, did show significant improvement by the end of the season.

Reaction Score

And they just signed a really big class (w/ 2 top 100 recruits)

Question is can they stay healthy? Whites team seemed to always be so banged up for whatever reason. They played a lot better to end the year but they have to take care of the basketball next season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
You have to think this it the put up or shut up year for White. Last year they were ravaged by injuries and, despite the dismal record, did show significant improvement by the end of the season.
And they just signed a really big class (w/ 2 top 100 recruits)

Question is can they stay healthy? Whites team seemed to always be so banged up for whatever reason. They played a lot better to end the year but they have to take care of the basketball next season.

If you recall, the proverbial cupboard was not empty when she took over for Melanie Balcomb. Maybe not as many highly rated prospects, but solid ones. Since then, zounds of them have moved elsewhere and there have been a bunch of transfers. Last year, they did improve a bit, but still there were concerning signs: why would a junior, Cierra Walker, transfer with just one year of eligibilty left? She started, averaged 12+ ppg and was actively involved in player meetings on the floor in whatever Vandy game I watched. Still, off to sit a year in Eastern Washington before suiting up for Gonzaga.

I really wonder because players like Walker would've thrived under Courtney Banghart or Niele Ivey, the other two finalists for the position that White was awarded.

So, we'll see how Caoch White does this year with what is really White's hand-picked team. I've got a feeling, like you two, that this is it for her. *

* Interestingly, I also think that next spring is the year Niele Ivey will really be available for a full-fledged look at HC jobs, now that her son is graduating from HS in South Bend (she's a single mother). Vandy was the most visible of the the few positions she pursued.

Plebe

Reaction Score
* Interestingly, I also think that next spring is the year Niele Ivey will really be available for a full-fledged look at HC jobs, now that her son is graduating from HS in South Bend (she's a single mother). Vandy was the most visible of the the few positions she pursued.
What other positions has she pursued?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
What other positions has she pursued?

There were reported early conversations with Minnesota, but once the Whelan train got going, that was that. To the best of my knowledge, the Vandy position was the one she was actively pursuing. Vandy would be an archetype of the schools that would be matches for what she knows: private schools in P5 conferences. And her recruiting zone is (still) primarily the midwest, the mid-Atlantic states and select forays elsewhere (Texas, California, Georgia). So, that is bit focused. However, let's see what develops at these types of schools over the course of the next season. And, as noted, with her son's moving on from South Bend, she might be looking further and wider if there's mutual interest (to use MM's recruiting phrase).

Reaction Score
There were reported early conversations with Minnesota, but once the Whelan train got going, that was that. To the best of my knowledge, the Vandy position was the one she was actively pursuing. Vandy would be an archetype of the schools that would be matches for what she knows: private schools in P5 conferences. And her recruiting zone is (still) primarily the midwest, the mid-Atlantic states and select forays elsewhere (Texas, California, Georgia). So, that is bit focused. However, let's see what develops at these types of schools over the course of the next season. And, as noted, with her son's moving on from South Bend, she might be looking further and wider if there's mutual interest (to use MM's recruiting phrase).
Isn't her son going to Purdue? I would bet a lot that that job is going to open up next year and if it does I would think she would be a top candidate for it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Isn't her son going to Purdue? I would bet a lot that that job is going to open up next year and if it does I would think she would be a top candidate for it.

- Yup, her son, Jaden, is going to Purdue in 2020.
- And yes, I've read -- like many of us -- that there is allegedly a fair amount of pressure on current Coach Sharon Versyp to get into the NCAAs. It's one thing for ND to continually go deep into the tourney, but the idea that Indiana has won the NIT then got into the second round is irksome.
- Geesh, that would be interesting if that position would open up and Niele would be under consideration. On one hand, perhaps Jaden wanted to leave the nest in South Bend. And then....mom comes to West Lafayette, too? Hmmm. .. Niele's pretty cool, but she's still, like, Mom....:rolleyes: ;)
- I always thought that if and when Joe McKeown hung up his whistle at Northwestern that the Wildcat position would be a good match, particularly now that they have/are working on a new field house. Private school, great academics, good town and still in the Midwest. But Coach Joe -- who I learned is actually the same age as MM -- is still looking pretty fit and ready to roll.

Still, I think your idea of a Big Ten team has merit....two former assistants are in the B!G conference (Kevin McGuff at Ohio State, Jonathan Tsipis at Wisconsin) and even though I don't she (or anyone) would stop an assistant from an HC position, it would be tinge awkward in the ACC.

Stay tuned!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I know of another good match..... :rolleyes:

And no Im not talking about Wake Forest @Plebe :mad:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just added to the list, per Raoul:
Redshirt junior Aliyah Jeune is grad-transferring from Morehead State to Southern Cal.
She averaged 16 ppg and 6 rpg last year.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I know of another good match..... :rolleyes:

And no Im not talking about Wake Forest @Plebe :mad:

Even though my younger son is a happy Wake Forest grad, I think you may be speaking of that private school that is a four-letter word....:rolleyes: Yes, the thought has crossed my mind....;)

Reaction Score

Baylor and Oregon are going to be stacked next year, would really like to see Prince come to UConn, and both her and Westbrook be immediately eligible.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Possibly 2 Grad Transfers are going to Baylor.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey I think the 2020-21 will be the Year Ivey does get the Vanderbilt job as White will be let go! She’s be abysmal even her hand Pecked coach only stayed 2 years and got out. She could even out coach Holly when given the chance. It’s time for the Commodores to move on and Niele is perfect for this role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom