Hurley will never take UConn to the next level | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley will never take UConn to the next level

Reaction Score
Please. Do remember where we were in 17-18? I do. Getting our asses.kicked by 20+ points in multiple games. Non-competitive in the non-conference and a second division team in the AAC.

In Year 1, the team was coming together...peaking when they were throttling Wichita State at Gampel...until Gilbert collapsed in a heap with the facial injury.

In Year 2, arguably the best team in the AAC coming down the stretch. Covid stopped their season as they were peaking.

Year 3, back to the dance with two brutal pauses and injuries to Bouknight and Akok.

Hurley's recruiting is on fire. He is ready to put a player in the NBA. And, by the way, could be poised to make a run to the second weekend of the dance.

Not too shabby. Next level???.... We're already there...so why don't you consider downing a big frosty mug of STFU.
I don’t buy into the year 1 and 2 stuff completely. Who is our Bouk next year? It is NOT Jackson. It is not Cole. It is not Gaffney. A team gets chances with a special player and they have to use it or lose it. Granted his supporting cast has problems and that’s not his or Hurley’s fault necessarily. But for whatever reason Bouk’s health is not quite up to par and that was the difference yesterday.

Reaction Score
This thread is the dumbest one I have ever read. Coach Hurley is going to take this program to the next level. If you don’t look at it this way go find yourself another team. Fans shouldn’t criticize him. This team in three years accomplished a lot. We were third best team in the Big East. This team came together. UConn is going back to the big dance. So haters are going hate just because of one game get over self.

Reaction Score
The game was lost when we didn’t take a timeout to get Our best offensive team on the court from about 9:30 to 6:20 in the 2nd half. We sat on 48 points clearly out of gas. A few baskets there could’ve really turned the tide... Hurley has done a phenomenal job getting this program back would just like to see him use some timeouts in actual times of need during the game rather than wait for the media whistles..

Reaction Score
I dunno I mean sometimes as a coach you have to recognize what it is you have in a team. I know this is a BB board and isn’t exactly the same but proven winners like Jimmy Johnson Bill Parcells and Bill Belichek have subscribed to the theory that sometimes you just have to play defense, keep the game close and win it late. All of their tough losses this year fit that notion. I actually think this team as a whole is playing to its maximum ability. To ask for more than that is fantasy.

Reaction Score
Hurley was fine other than not enough Carlton.
Bingo!!! They definitely outmuscled us under the basket, they had 17 offensive rebounds with many for easy put-backs, to our 9, and 50 to 33 total. You cannot beat a team like Creighton with that disparity in rebounding. With Carlton and Sanogo on the floor together we could have addressed that to some degree, and not for the whole game, just giving Creighton that different look might have been the difference in the game. Bouknight, Cole and Martin might have gotten more open looks also with Creighton focusing on a Carlton Sanogo hi-low set up.

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
Can't play 60 ball. Doesn't leverage our quickness and athleticism. We play 80 ball we win. We don't give up a lot on the "D", and we get some much more on offense.

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
Go back to the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing this post getting bumped to the top. I feel like I'm generally nice on the board. Disagree with many opinions, but Respectful. I've looked at this headline multiple times. It's worn me down. Gloves are off.

OP'er, I believe this is the second time you've posted this same opinion. Once in anger was excusable. Twice deserves a strong and suitable rebuke. Something with as much insight as the OP'ers comments. Here goes. You are a dumb ****head (begins with F).

I assume and hope you are under 30. Your comments remind me of the way I thought when was in my 20s and Calhoun lost a big game in the tournament. I distinctly remember myself posting that "If this is the effort the team is going to display Calhoun should retire!!!". I posted that comment in the 2005-2010 time frame after a NCAA loss. I was super angry. Mindlessly angry. I can't remember if I posted it on the Yard or the other board. In retrospect I'm ashamed of my comment. Someday you may be as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just quit this morning. I said may be bro. And why didn’t you quote my whole post? As if I totally endorsed the OP.
Take a stand bro, is he on to something? What else do you need to consider before rendering a decision?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Take a stand bro, is he on to something? What else do you need to consider before rendering a decision?
I need a larger sample size and for DH to fully implement his recruits/system in a non-covid year. Then I will render my decision on whether or not OP is on crack or on to something. I love your new avatar by the way. I too love beer and horse racing. However, I love all people. Far more than 3.

Reaction Score
Define "next level" so I know what you're talking about.
He never answered my question.

Is "next level" the NCAA Tournament? That will be checked off tomorrow.

Winning BE regular season and BET titles?

Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament?

Elite 8?

Final Four?

NCAA Championship?

I need to know what you mean by "next level" before I know how to take your post and when I can call you out for being wrong.

Should I DM the guy and ask him since he won't come back and answer my question?

Don't be a coward @BostonBay, I really want to know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom