Hurley will never take UConn to the next level | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hurley will never take UConn to the next level

Reaction Score
well...tonight was Exhibit A, B, C.....Z, Hurley badly outcoached by an average at best Maryland team.
And you love it. Keep rooting against the men’s team you fraud

Reaction Score
100% agree with OP. Him and Turgeon have a heated rivalry. Turgeon has his team very ready and Hurley has his wife’s podcast very ready. If Hurley talks again around how we’re in year 3 of a rebuild he should look in the mirror and realize that none of his tough guys showed up in any big game.
Anyone that agrees with the OP doesn’t know what they are talking about. Nice of you to show up after a year and a half away. Fraud

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bi
well...tonight was Exhibit A, B, C.....Z, Hurley badly outcoached by an average at best Maryland team.

Well, tonight is another example of why BostonBay is an intellectual juvenile

Typical loser, only shows up on a bad day

Reaction Score
Anyone that agrees with the OP doesn’t know what they are talking about. Nice of you to show up after a year and a half away. Fraud
Not sure what this means. I watch every game for the past ten years. Graduated in 2005 and wear UCONN on my chest. Only compelled to post tonight after Hurkeys antics. If you’re a Hurley in-game coaching fan then you know nothing about anything. I do like his recruiting. Beat two players tonight we’re not Hurley guys but my the way.

Reaction Score
The last two years under Ollie, we got blown out every time we faced a top 50 opponent. 20+ point losses pretty much across the board.

The first year under Hurley, the blowouts abated. We still got beat regularly, but we battled more. The next year we were competitive and started occasionally winning.

This year has been an extension of that positive trend. We’ve gotten to see some great games against good teams and we’ve been competitive with top teams. Still not quite there, but it’s a process.

Tonight was a bad night. It happens. We’re not there yet, but we made the Tournament and we are clearly moving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Not sure what this means. I watch every game for the past ten years. Graduated in 2005 and wear UCONN on my chest. Only compelled to post tonight after Hurkeys antics. If you’re a Hurley in-game coaching fan then you know nothing about anything. I do like his recruiting. Beat two players tonight we’re not Hurley guys but my the way.
So you said you agree with the OP. So you agree with that post from someone who clearly doesn’t know what he is talking about. You referenced you were compelled to post here after a year and a half of nothing due to “Hurleys antics” - what antics specifically? And I am a fan of him bringing us from nowhere having not sniffed the NCAA Tournament in 5 years back to the dance. Also have completely overhauled the talent on the roster and it will get better next year too.

Reaction Score
He was out coached? We shot poorly on the foul line and we shot poorly on the floor. How is that bad coaching? You have no clue sir!

A basketball game is 40 minutes.

We were uncomfortable for nearly all of it.

What did he do to change that?

And BTW he recruited those players missing those free throws and shots. Including bringing in a guy who was at Howard University to run the ship.

Reaction Score
Hurley coddles his players and doesn't demand their best. Back pats all around while tellig fans how greatful they should be that so and so is on the team. He actually does his players a disservice with his coaching style. It's why they consistently under perform and can't win when it matters. Give me a mean SOB like Calhoun any day over this new era coaching style. Hurley will not get the best out of his players until he starts demanding their best. Be their coach... not their cheerleader.

Reaction Score
Hurley coddles his players and doesn't demand their best. Back pats all around while tellig fans how greatful they should be that so and so is on the team. He actually does his players a disservice with his coaching style. It's why they consistently under perform and can't win when it matters. Give me a mean SOB like Calhoun any day over this new era coaching style. Hurley will not get the best out of his players until he demands their best.
Once the KO recruits are out of there and he can get his recruits in there. I think we will see a different Danny. I know Danny is going to be that mean SOB that refs hate but recruits love. Just wait.

Reaction Score
Once the KO recruits are out of there and he can get his recruits in there. I think we will see a different Danny. I know Danny is going to be that mean SOB that refs hate but recruits love. Just wait.
You do realize that only one of Ollie's recruits is a starter for this team.

Reaction Score
Such a weird angle to want to be that guy that says someone is a failure first.

Is the goal here to go to work on Monday and say "I knew he'd fail!"?

Reaction Score
Hurley coddles his players and doesn't demand their best. Back pats all around while tellig fans how greatful they should be that so and so is on the team. He actually does his players a disservice with his coaching style. It's why they consistently under perform and can't win when it matters. Give me a mean SOB like Calhoun any day over this new era coaching style. Hurley will not get the best out of his players until he starts demanding their best. Be their coach... not their cheerleader.
LOL

Reaction Score
So you said you agree with the OP. So you agree with that post from someone who clearly doesn’t know what he is talking about. You referenced you were compelled to post here after a year and a half of nothing due to “Hurleys antics” - what antics specifically? And I am a fan of him bringing us from nowhere having not sniffed the NCAA Tournament in 5 years back to the dance. Also have completely overhauled the talent on the roster and it will get better next year too.
Op said Hurley will never take Uconn to the next level which I agree with. If you consider getting embarrassed in the first round or making the tourney “next level” then I guess we disagree on the definition of the “next level”. This is the basic “level” what Uconn has operated on from like 95-2016.
if you don’t think he has to improve on his in-game coaching and how refs respond to him then may his rest your poor soul.

His wife’s podcast is fire though.

Reaction Score
Op said Hurley will never take Uconn to the next level which I agree with. If you consider getting embarrassed in the first round or making the tourney “next level” then I guess we disagree on the definition of the “next level”. This is the basic “level” what Uconn has operated on from like 95-2016.
if you don’t think he has to improve on his in-game coaching and how refs respond to him then may his rest your poor soul.

Then define next level. What level can Hurley take us to and what level can he not?

Reaction Score

What were Hurleys antics that compelled you to post after taking 18 months off?

Reaction Score
What were Hurleys antics that compelled you to post after taking 18 months off?
I never really posted here much. I have a reasonably busy life. Not sure where the 18 month thing came in like I went away or something. I do lurk and enjoy.

Either way - it is his in-game coaching including how refs respond to him, bizarre 3-year rebuild messaging, and complaining around fans critiquing him as a problem.

it’s ok to talk that talk about the rebuilding but it was time to pay the piper today or any other big game this year and his teams continuously folded like a cheap tent.

By the way, Ollies guys played well and his guys had no mental or physical toughness against a team that went 9-11 in league play. Will be interesting how he spins it in Andreas next big podcast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom