Hurley will never take UConn to the next level | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley will never take UConn to the next level

Reaction Score
I need a larger sample size and for DH to fully implement his recruits/system in a non-covid year. Then I will render my decision on whether or not OP is on crack or on to something. I love your new avatar by the way. I too love beer and horse racing. However, I love all people. Far more than 3.
I don’t need any more time. The OP is on crack and should simply stay on the women’s hoop board. Only shows up here after a loss. If you had told people that in year three of Hurley we would be top 3 in the Big East and make the NCAA Tournament every one of us would have taken that given the depths we were at - for instance the year before Hurley got here we got beat by 20+ pts EIGHT TIMES. The last two seasons it hasn’t happened once and we are blowing other teams out. It’s only going to get better from here. Hurley is going to keep bringing in the Sanogo’s, Bouknights, Akoks, AJax, etc and we will roll. If you are doing anything other than laughing at the OPs ridiculous posts then you should probably only watch our women’s games because you won’t have the nerves to watch competitive games

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I don’t need any more time. The OP is on crack and should simply stay on the women’s hoop board. Only shows up here after a loss. If you had told people that in year three of Hurley we would be top 3 in the Big East and make the NCAA Tournament every one of us would have taken that given the depths we were at - for instance the year before Hurley got here we got beat by 20+ pts EIGHT TIMES. The last two seasons it hasn’t happened once and we are blowing other teams out. It’s only going to get better from here. Hurley is going to keep bringing in the Sanogo’s, Bouknights, Akoks, AJax, etc and we will roll. If you are doing anything other than laughing at the OPs ridiculous posts then you should probably only watch our women’s games because you won’t have the nerves to watch competitive games
Every once in a while, a single great post makes a bad thread worthwhile.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Likes are for internet posts and middle school crushes. I love people.
But you were making a direct quote. You can't even make a simple declarative statement in good faith.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
But you were making a direct quote. You can't even make a simple declarative statement in good faith.
I will directly quote my favorite coach of all time: "My best advice to you...shut up."

Reaction Score
Storrs South has it right. Dan has done a tremendous job of bringing us back to the national picture. He is an awesome recruiter and his players believe in him and the program. He obviously is s a good coach and the team is prepared for games and has gained that toughness. He has done a great job of bringing players along slowly and bringing out their talent ( Bouk, Sanogo, Cole) You can be the best coach in the world but if you don’t have the talent you aren’t going to win championships. We are getting the talent. We are winning again. I for one applaud Coach Hurley and support him 100%.

Reaction Score
He never answered my question.

Is "next level" the NCAA Tournament? That will be checked off tomorrow.

Winning BE regular season and BET titles?

Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament?

Elite 8?

Final Four?

NCAA Championship?

I need to know what you mean by "next level" before I know how to take your post and when I can call you out for being wrong.

Should I DM the guy and ask him since he won't come back and answer my question?

Don't be a coward @BostonBay, I really want to know.
Still a coward for not answering me. This guy's posts should be deleted next time he comes on here. Just for being a ----ing wimp.

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
Limber up your neck, friend...

Reaction Score
Every loss some chucklehead throws a tantrum and hammers Hurley. You could set your clock to it. We got outrebounded, Bouk and the team shot poorly, our most effective player got in foul trouble, and we lost our point guard for the stretch run. Rage posting about the coach is a simpletons errand without any nuance.
Not to worry. There are chuckleheads on here who thought Calhoun wasn't good enough

Reaction Score
Whaley played great, as did Sonobo. The rest of the guys were spotty. Martin and Gaffney took some wild shots. We didn’t rebound well. And Bouknight had a miserable night, missing quite a few of his normally easy shots. On to bracket Sunday.
Whaley 13
Sonogo 13
Carlton. 2 in four minutes
The Bigs Teamed for 26 points
Bouk got 14
Cole 5. In 30 minute
Polley 5. In 19 minutes
That’s 52
The rest of the team scored 4 points
snd we’re wondering why we lost
My only question is Hurley
forgot he had Carlton when Sonogo got in foul trouble. We lost the game going small from the 4 min mark to the less than 2. . Their second chance points especially hurt.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
This thread title is crazy and should be deleted/changed. Hurley has it poppin right now. And it’s only going to get better. Please stop with these negative threads after we lose a game. We’re up. Get it. WE’RE UP #bleedblue

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Ncaa Basketball Sport GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
G..T..F..O..H with that Clown comment.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Please delete this thread forever. I post things on here no where near the level of ridiculous this is and I get crucified. Meanwhile this is still on here.

Reaction Score
Well, we hadn't made the tourney for several years until this year. Now we made it. At present time this is the "next level". Hurley already proved the OP wrong.

Reaction Score
well...tonight was Exhibit A, B, C.....Z, Hurley badly outcoached by an average at best Maryland team.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
well...tonight was Exhibit A, B, C.....Z, Hurley badly outcoached by an average at best Maryland team.
Oh

The team missed a boatload of shots and critical free throws.

Reaction Score
100% agree with OP. Him and Turgeon have a heated rivalry. Turgeon has his team very ready and Hurley has his wife’s podcast very ready. If Hurley talks again around how we’re in year 3 of a rebuild he should look in the mirror and realize that none of his tough guys showed up in any big game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom