Hurley will never take UConn to the next level | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley will never take UConn to the next level

Reaction Score
Hurley just hasn’t figured out how to win the big ones yet. It will come. Truth is we lost another one down the stretch, which is frustrating to see. So close, yet still not there yet. B Team on the court with 8 minutes was really questionable given the circumstance, kept Adama on the bench too long when he was the X factor, and he didn’t really extend the game very well. On to bigger things. Let’s gets some Ws in the Big Dance.
He got us 3 shots in the final 10 seconds, 2 to tie the game. I'd say he did a perfectly fine job extending the game

Reaction Score
Horrendous take. We played an experienced team and lost our PG during crunch time.

It was a gutsy game on both ends. It was frustrating to see the offense being stagnant but it is what it is. We aren't a great shooting team. But we're learning and the kids played their hearts out.

No need for this board to melt down. We got another game.

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
LOL............ “it’s the coaches fault we lost” hot take. The team with the better players won. Creighton beat UConn 3 times this season for a reason. They have a better team and better players. If the coaches switched teams Creighton would have still won.

Reaction Score
He got us 3 shots in the final 10 seconds, 2 to tie the game. I'd say he did a perfectly fine job extending the game
We didn’t start trying to foul until 44 seconds remained. That was way too late. We also wasted 10 seconds not getting into any set one possession because there was no play and they were running their standard high rotation offense above the arc. I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
Please, we need to give this Hurley stuff a rest. He has transformed this program in 3 years to get us out of the wilderness that were the Ollie years and back into playing meaningful basketball. He has had 2 years worth of recruits (the Brendan Adams year doesn't count) and and is still rebuilding this roster with more quality recruits on the way. The program is headed in the right direction all because of Hurley's hard work. Honestly, I would love to have seen this board's reaction in 1994 losing to Florida in the 16s, 1996 losing to Mississippi State in the 16s, or even during the struggles of the 1997 season. This board would have killed Calhoun saying he couldn't win the big one, etc. etc. I for one love Hurley and expect this program to keep getting better each year.

Reaction Score
Totally outcoached tonight. No FG in last 7 minutes...Are you kidding me? He had the deer in headlights look & didnt know how to change things up to get an easy basket or 2 down the stretch. Same pattern with him in close games against good teams over the years. Nothing has changed.
You are ridiculous!

Reaction Score
We didn’t start trying to foul until 44 seconds remained. That was way too late. We also wasted 10 seconds not getting into any set one possession because there was no play and they were running their standard high rotation offense above the arc. I don’t get it.
Creighton got to 57 points at 2:38 left and then we held them to no points to get the ball back with 49 seconds to go down 3. Are you proposing we should have fouled and given them free points? Because the defense did exactly what it was supposed to do when you play out every possession Hurley chose to

Reaction Score
The OP is a but if you are not just a little tad concerned with what you are seeing from Hurley in these tough games against NCAA opponents than you aren't being honest. Whiffing on all 3 chances against Creighton is pathetic.
So if gtown beats creighton what’s does that say about us? The conundrum keeps spiraling.

Reaction Score
If you make shots you’re a great coach. If you don’t you suck. However. Did anyone notice that nova recognized we were back so those titles they racked up in our absence may as well go in the closet. Things will be changing. This if s year one of the second era.

Reaction Score
This take is so annoying and ridiculous at this point

Reaction Score
Creighton got to 57 points at 2:38 left and then we held them to no points to get the ball back with 49 seconds to go down 3. Are you proposing we should have fouled and given them free points? Because the defense did exactly what it was supposed to do when you play out every possession Hurley chose to
Given the circumstance, when you can’t hit the side of a barn and haven’t scored in 5 minutes, your PG is out, and your best player is having one his worst games and can’t convert, yes. You need more possessions and have to extend game and put the opposition on the line and make them earn every point. M.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Re: your headline. Maybe you can take your crystal ball back to the thrift shop for a refund.

Reaction Score
If we don’t make it all the way James Book needs to come back

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You make some interesting points.

Do you consider "the next level" to be the NBA? I think you are right that Hurley will never take UConn to the NBA. I'm not kidding you.

What's your favorite team?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Loser, being kind here

Really stupid people tend to talk a lot

Reaction Score
I would be careful about blaming Hurley for a very close loss. Compared to Edsall, PP and Diaco, he has taken the UConn BB team to much better places in a very short period of time. I never supported joining the New Big East, but this team still could do very well in the NCAA tournament. Give him and the team a chance.

Reaction Score
I think the OP forgot about what it was like in the Dom Perno or early JC days when they lost an exibition game to "central oil" or some made-up team like that and stuggled with teams like Northeastern and BU.

Reaction Score
Are you the same guy on the Provdence board who admitted that your worst nightmare is coming true with Hurley and UConn?

Reaction Score
Bouknight shot 4/14 last night. He’s for his career a 45.3% shooter. It was an off night, maybe some of it had to do with the gameplan creighton brought forward, but regardless if he’s 6/14 we’re talking about beating Georgetown tonight. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t fall, and losing Cole in last 4+ minutes was a killer too. To put that on the coaching is lame. It’s a game, sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don’t. Everyone needs to stop being chicken little everytime they lose, Hurley has us to a point we care and the losses hurt again, that alone shows what he has done to this program.

Reaction Score
Bouknight shot 4/14 last night. He’s for his career a 45.3% shooter. It was an off night, maybe some of it had to do with the gameplan creighton brought forward, but regardless if he’s 6/14 we’re talking about beating Georgetown tonight. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t fall, and losing Cole in last 4+ minutes was a killer too. To put that on the coaching is lame. It’s a game, sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don’t. Everyone needs to stop being chicken little everytime they lose, Hurley has us to a point we care and the losses hurt again, that alone shows what he has done to this program.

Platt81, Meriden?

Spot on with this reply the fact we were able to care, to be real damn excited for last night and now Sunday is back. That says enough. The fact last nights game hurts to lose when you woke up this morning the pain of not being in the finals, it’s back and it feels good. OPs an idiot!

Reaction Score
Platt81, Meriden?

Spot on with this reply the fact we were able to care, to be real damn excited for last night and now Sunday is back. That says enough. The fact last nights game hurts to lose when you woke up this morning the pain of not being in the finals, it’s back and it feels good. OPs an idiot!
I’m down in Newtown, different Platt clan ha, but yes to your sentiment I’m wallowing drinking my coffee right now bc I don’t have 6:30 to look forward to, and it oddly feels good.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
OP may be on to something, but I still dislike the post and the general attitude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom