Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Perhaps the Refs are never giving us any respect because Danny screams that they are clowns on national TV? We win that game if its evenly called - things like Xavier player hopping on one foot in front of a ref is an obvious travel.
I can’t believe they didn’t call the charge against Hawkins on the left wing, but then called it on Him down on the baseline the next play.

That’s what caused DH to lose his mind the play or two before the T. Zebras were laughable today, but we didn’t put ourselves in enough situations to get foul calls. Jump shooting team today.

Reaction Score
I mentioned league play has been challenging early and I think it comes down to Tristan adjusting. He seems a bit “too cool” with his lack of snap on passes and court awareness. He’s gonna get out of it but it has been obvious as the deference to Dre as prime facilitator is clear as day
Tristan doesn’t do anything with purpose. He doesn’t come off screens with purpose, doesn’t drive with purpose, doesn’t even pass with purpose. He’s too slow at PG for a team that likes to run.

Reaction Score
We barely drive to the rim guys. We took 37(!) threes. That is why we don’t get to the line.
The opponent's strategy is the pack the paint. Even with 4 out, their basic goal is to not let us take the paint and to make us make buckets. It compounded, a bit, by Sanogo's inability to pass.

A number of our guys can get into the paint, there are just a ton of defenders in that paint when we get there.

Reaction Score
It was one of the most uneven officiated game I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Anything goes for Xavier when they play D but Uconn? It was tricky tack and some that just never happened. My only complaint is if we are going to get hosed, get tossed early in the game Dan.

Reaction Score
If Clingan had been utilized more he could have been a bigger factor. I don't think Xavier had an answer for him.
100%. Hurley falls too in love with Adama and doesn’t utilize Clingan nearly enough. He barely played today despite an efficient little 4 point, 2 rebound stint. Not a good job by DH lately with regard to Clingan.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Every foul was an and one for Xavier. It’s infuriating why he played Newton over Diarra and continued to play Karaban instead of Alleyne
Every foul was an and 1 because they were turning the corner and putting our defenders on hips on the drives. We either get our defensive perimeter intensity back or we see it again.

That being said X is an elite offensive team , that was enough today as we bumble effed our way through packline D on other end

Reaction Score
We barely drive to the rim guys. We took 37(!) threes. That is why we don’t get to the line.
That is what concerns me. Our guards really don’t penetrate consistentl. Newton penetrates looking to pass or draw contact but not to finish to score. He can do it- I have seen him do it at East Carolina

Reaction Score
The team collapsed at the end. Hurley didn't help with the T but the players still need to make shots and play some D. They had a chance to bring it back.

That would be because the wrong players were on the floor. No one in their right mind should have expected Karaban to perform well there. He's a freshman and it wasn't his best night. It happens, but you have to PROTECT your freshman from nights like tonight.

Reaction Score
No. Hurley did not lose the game with the technical. We did MANY things poorly.
Agree, but the buck stops with your leader (coach) so it seems right for him to fall on the sword if anyone is going to.

It’s fine - like many have said this was a reasonable game to lose and Xavier is very good. Come out next game against them with a better gameplan and all is forgiven

Reaction Score
I think the environment got to a lot of guys, Hurley included. It was loud in there, loudest unfriendly arena we've played all year. He definitely won't be proud of this game, but I think this is a learning experience. These are the environments we'll have to win in later on in the season.

Andre had a great game, and I think he can shoot, but I still don't know if I want him shooting 3 3's in the last minute and a half of the game. I'd love to see us put teams under a bit more pressure by going to the rim early in the game. Xavier had nothing to fear and no foul trouble once it was crunch time.
Jackson can clearly shoot when open and in the flow of the game, when things are going crazy and he's rushing shots not in the flow he's going to miss like he did at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
You can't get a T that late in a close game. And he was outcoached. Missed Sampson in this game.

Almost impossible to win on the road outscored by 19 on the line, and I'm not even talking attempts. I'll leave it at that.
The missing piece to this team is a slasher who can finish authentic rim. To many 3s. Hard to get to the line or put a team in foul trouble doing that. Yea Hawk got to the line taking 3s. Sanogo hasn't been himself last couple of games on the block. Needed to punish them in the blocks. Get their bigs in foul problems. And we made no adjustments on D. They killed us with screens and pick n roll.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That is what concerns me. Our guards really don’t penetrate consistentl. Newton penetrates looking to pass or draw contact but not to finish to score. He can do it- I have seen him do it at East Carolina
Since Andre has been back Newton has taken a big back seat and resorted to being a catch and shoot 3 guy. He needs to find a way to get more aggressive. Somebody needs to step up and be the guy who can go get a bucket out of him, Hawkins, and Andre. I don’t think Hawkins has the handle to do it right now so it really comes down to him and Andre.

Reaction Score
The opponent's strategy is the pack the paint. Even with 4 out, their basic goal is to not let us take the paint and to make us make buckets. It compounded, a bit, by Sanogo's inability to pass.

A number of our guys can get into the paint, there are just a ton of defenders in that paint when we get there.
The only guys we have that get into the paint consistently that I see are Diarra and Newton. But Newton has no idea what to do in there, he only looks to pass.

I don’t know if the opponent necessarily strategizes to keep us out of the lane, because we are a very good shooting team. I think we just don’t have quickness or craftiness on the perimeter to do so.

Reaction Score
The one time Newton drove into the lane, he got bodied hard, there was no whistle, and it was a fast break the other way.

Frankly, that's the time Hurley should have let the refs hear it.

Reaction Score
We where the best team in the country until the technical. Overall we are still the best team in the country IMO. We will prove it, which is the only thing left to do. No one knows what triggered the T. It was bad, however, and DH will learn.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
PC is not equally as tough as Xavier. The Dunk is a tough place to pla

PC is not equally as tough as Xavier. The Dunk is a tough place to play though
I don't know. The Friars have hit stride and are playing their best basketball of the season. I would love to see a Huskies win but I expect this one to be a grinder.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
The only guys we have that get into the paint consistently that I see are Diarra and Newton. But Newton has no idea what to do in there, he only looks to pass.

I don’t know if the opponent necessarily strategizes to keep us out of the lane, because we are a very good shooting team. I think we just don’t have quickness or craftiness on the perimeter to do so.
Jackson can get into the paint as well. Hawkins isn't where we want him to be off the bounce, but he can get there against most teams as well.

The problem is that teams are playing Jackson to pass and he hasn't really adjusted, and Hawkins is clearly looking for 3s himself.

Reaction Score
Just a horrendous job coaching today. The T was coaching malpractice. Down 3 and the game was up for grabs with 2 minutes. Lost all control of the team down the stretch, not getting the ball to 3 shooters. Misused Clingan terribly. With Clingan in we were in control and he pulled him. Sonogo was terrible on D and AK getting beat with no interior help. These are the games that show Danny still can’t handle the big game when comes down to in-game pressure moments. Can’t recruit your way over the top of good coaching management. This is a classic case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom